“The bedding didn't seem real clean. The refrigerator was...” 3 of 5 stars

Super 8 Salem
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   300 Wildwood Road, Salem, VA 24153   |
Ranked #9 of 14 hotels in Salem
Wellsville
“The bedding didn't seem real clean. The refrigerator was...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

The bedding didn't seem real clean. The refrigerator was dirty with spilled soda or coffeeon top and had ran down the door. Never cleaned up. Ice cubes in fridge looked like they had been there for months. It was late at night when we got in so did not go down to say anything. Plus know one there when we left in the morning as wasn't sure about leaving the keys on the counter. Yelled but no one answered.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

57 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Florence, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

We stayed here on a short night's sleep. It was a clean room, and the beds slept ok. I would recommend this hotel for a quick night, but not for a long term stay. The service was fine and the breakfast was lacking.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Knoxville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

If you want fairly inexpensive (about 65 with taxes) then it's a place to lay your head. I would not come here with my kids though. The halls smell really strong of curry, but I opened my window and it was fine after a bit in my room. Room was clean and bed very comfortable. Hotel very quiet too. No elevator, so don't get a room on the 3rd floor if you have a lot of luggage. You get what you pay for. I debate as I sit here with the window open hearing all the noise from the street if it was really worth the 25 dollars I saved....not quite sure yet, but it's certainly better than driving all night.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

I've been to Salem three times now and stayed in different hotels each time. This third trip I was looking to save money but not skimp too much on the peace of mind I'd be safe (I'm a female sleeping alone) and not feel dirty.

When you pull up it looks very updated and unlike any other Super 8's I've ever seen. When I got in the lobby was tiny and no one was there but there was a sign saying to pick up the phone and call for help. They came right away and I checked in. NOTE: no elevator that I saw.

Going up the little stairs I was rethinking my choice but when I opened the door I saw that the room was adequate. PROS: Very clean! They had a stand for my suitcase, working a/c heat, fridge and microwave and lots of storage. The bed was very comfortable. All linens seemed clean. CONS: at least two of the outlets didn't work. I wish there were more pillows! It was a bit much ($70) for a night.

Fine for a night, but I'll continue to hotel shop until I find the best value for the money.

• Stayed November 2012

Been to Super 8 Salem? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Super 8 Salem

Super Eight Salem
Salem Super 8
Salem Super Eight
Address: 300 Wildwood Road, Salem, VA 24153
Location: United States > Virginia > Salem
Ranked #9 of 14 hotels in Salem
Hotel Class:2 star — Super 8 Salem 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Super 8 Salem reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Super 8 Salem, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.

Bookmark for later