“Nothing Special” 3 of 5 stars

Super 8 Salem
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   300 Wildwood Road, Salem, VA 24153   |
Ranked #7 of 14 hotels in Salem

61 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

I've been to Salem three times now and stayed in different hotels each time. This third trip I was looking to save money but not skimp too much on the peace of mind I'd be safe (I'm a female sleeping alone) and not feel dirty.

When you pull up it looks very updated and unlike any other Super 8's I've ever seen. When I got in the lobby was tiny and no one was there but there was a sign saying to pick up the phone and call for help. They came right away and I checked in. NOTE: no elevator that I saw.

Going up the little stairs I was rethinking my choice but when I opened the door I saw that the room was adequate. PROS: Very clean! They had a stand for my suitcase, working a/c heat, fridge and microwave and lots of storage. The bed was very comfortable. All linens seemed clean. CONS: at least two of the outlets didn't work. I wish there were more pillows! It was a bit much ($70) for a night.

Fine for a night, but I'll continue to hotel shop until I find the best value for the money.

• Stayed November 2012
Niagara Falls, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

I stayed at this hotel 2 times in Jan & July 2012, now and both times it has been a wonderful experience!! The staff is warm and welcoming and our Non Smoking room with two double beds had everything we needed, Good Microwave, Refrigerator, and TV, Comfy beds, Very clean bathroom with the usual soaps, shampoo, and hair dryer. Breakfast was very ordinary but adequate. I will definitely be back!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Loughborough, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

I found the room perfectly comfortable and reasonably priced and Mr Mehta was a very aimiable and informative manager. My stay coincided with the storm of 29 June and the place filled up rapidly with displaced people but Mr Mehta coped superbly. He was keen to pass on recommendations from other guests, one of which, Awful Arthur's restaurant, turned out to be a well above average restaurant just along Main Street. Breakfast was perfectly OK. I would happily stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
trip3798, Manager at Super 8 Salem, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to post your comments on our property! I am glad to see you enjoyed the area and local restaurants. Hope you have a chance to stay with us again when back in the US. I enjoyed having you as our guest!
Levittown, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

I made a reservation online because the said they were pet friendly I drove down from Long Island when I got ther the person at the desk hardly spoke english and every question I had she had to call someone and speak to them in some foreign language. i was told I could not leave my dogs alone in the room even though I had a cage but to take them with me and leave them in the car it was only 99 degrees needless to say I left as I was leaving a very pregnant women told me to not stay they arrived earlier with her grandmother and no one would even help them with there bags and the room was filthy.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else or sleep in the car.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
trip3798, Manager at Super 8 Salem, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Sorry to hear that we were not able to accomodate you at our property. Most properties have a policy that pets can not be left unattended in the room. This creates issues for other guest in nearby rooms.

Been to Super 8 Salem? Share your experiences!