“Disgusting,Disappointing,Depressing&Dirty” 1 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Motel   |   300 Wildwood Road, Salem, VA 24153   |
Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Salem
“Disgusting,Disappointing,Depressing&Dirty”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012 via mobile

After driving 9 hrs in 95 degree weather with no AC in my car I decided to check into this Super 8 because it was part of the Wyndam hotel Rewards. This place was overpriced ( $78.00 and that was a AAA rate!!! ) the place was empty!!! I paid the same price at a Sheraton over the weekend and it was beautiful! smelled of smoke, towels were stained and dirty gray. The bathroom needed a complete overhaul!
I was so disgusted that I sprayed the room down with Lysol and had to use my own blanket and towel. I will never stay here again nor any other Super 8! Just a
dirty skanky motel! Was ready to just sleep in my car!

• Stayed May 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2012

The room I was given was decent....clean and bed was comfortable. Light in bathroom was very dim. My main complaint was I reserved room for 3 nights but left day early because I accomplished what I had to do and didn't need to stay longer. No one was at the desk early in the morning so I left my key on the desk with the others that were left from other guests who left that morning. I checked my credit card online and I was charged for the full 3 nights. The persons english was very hard to understand. I'm still waiting for this to be resolved.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
trip3798, Manager at Super 8 Salem, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Thanks for bringing to our attention your charges for the three night stay. I have gone back and credited your account and was able to contact you and advise of the credit. Hope to see you again on your next trip
Hackensack, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

Just okie.. nothing big.. okie for the price... I suggest if you can avoid then do that.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
TARPON SPRINGS
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2011

While traveling we often stay at Super 8 motels because they are usually pet friendly and only charge a minimal fee for the animal. But please stay away from this particular Super 8. The place was dirty, and the entire property smelled of cigarette smoke. The carpets were a mess and smelled of mold. The electrical outlets in the room were falling out of the wall, which was a safety hazard. There was only one light in the entire room and the bathroom was also a mess. Thankfully it was only for one night and we put up with it. We would have left, but had a reservation and would have been charged anyway.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Blackpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011

Enjoyed our stay here - good value motel with plenty of restaurants very close in a nice area. Friendly staff and close to the interstate.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Hot Springs,Va
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

I stayed with my mom and kids here for one night. Some of the reviews weren't so good so we asked to look at a room before we checked in. The room was very clean and nice. The front desk clerk was nice but you had to call on a phone to get someone to the counter (which I thought was odd). My only problem was I had called and gotten a rate the night before and we were charged WAY more that what was quoted. The clerk did knock the price down some but her explanation was that the rate is constantly changing..they never know until they punch it into the computer (which I also think is odd).The continental breakfast wasn't anything fancy but we had other plans. I would stay here again but definitely book your room online so you get a good price.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2011 via mobile

Hotel owner must be trying too hard to save money. No AC in hallways,room was hot,took too long to cool down. I wouldn't wrap a dog in the blanket that was on the bed!

• Stayed June 2011

Been to Super 8 Salem? Share your experiences!