“The people make this place better than it is” 4 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Salem
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Ohio
“The people make this place better than it is”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2011

We stayed here a couple nights the people are so so pleasant and welcoming. They were all eager to please. The rooms were nice newer carpet and sinks ect.. Plenty of parking. Hot items for breakfast. The price was great too.

• Stayed February 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2011

I stayed here in October of 2010 and then returned in December . There was a mix up with our reservation, and to make things right they gave us a jacuzzi room for no additional charge. We were very pleased with this, however it would have been better if the jacuzzi was working properly. It was dated and the dial to adjust the jets was not working. It also would not hold water. In order to fill the tub with enough water to use it, you had to let the water constantly run.

I recommend a regular room. They are very nice and clean and the people at this hotel are outstanding!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2010

From the moment we arrived we were treated with excellent hospitality. The desk clerk who was very busy with others in line ahead of us, was very courteous with everyone.She was able to change one of our rooms from a 2nd to a first floor to accomodate my Mother whom has trouble with a lot of stairs. The exterior of the property was clean and maintained. The rooms look to have been recently redone with nice carpeting, new bathroom counters and fixtures...very nice. All the employees spoke as you walked past them. The team effort sort of a feeling was present. I had went to the desk at about 10 pm to ask where i could find a coffee shop. The clerk said " you dont need to leave here, we have coffee and she also gave me some donuts (krispie -kremes) Awesome!! i didnt have to leave my room! Also we all really enjoyed the hot breakfast bar. The lady that ran it was nice and it was like having breakfast at grandmas. Hot biscuits-gravy-eggs-fresh waffles-fresh fruit. And even the juice (o.j. and apple )was really good not watered down like some of those machines provide.And they had real half and half for your coffee. For the money this place was really top notch.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2010

Our first visit to this area. Hotel's curb appeal is outstanding - landscaping and maintenance. Room was CLEAN, comfortable, appreciated MW, Refrig, WiFi, large TV, etc. Comfortably firm king-sized bed and easy chair. Biggest surprise was amazing breakfast buffet. We're very familiar with typical Continental breakfasts even at more expensive hotels, but this was top-notch! Hostess Bertie keeps everything hot, well supplied, clean and neat. Excellent biscuits and sausage gravy, delicious sausage patties, make your own Belgian waffles, donuts, juices, cereals, boiled eggs, yogurt, applesauce, muffins, fresh fruit bowl and more. Pleasant, helpful staff, well-maintained property. Plan to return and definitely recommend.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2009

The room was lovely and quiet, with a very comfortable King sized bed and clean furnishings. The only slight detraction was that some of the cable tv stations didn't work as clearly and the price was a little high. There was a free breakfast that was pretty standard and free internet available in the room and in the lobby. The hotel is right by a Food Lion and a number of fast food restaurants and very close to the highway.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
The South
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2009

I will say with all confidence I run & manage a 70 room hotel. I was traveling for business and simply I trusted the fact they were a "Gold" property. The room we checked into, although had new light fixtures and new mirrors...you could not walk barefooted in the room at all. My feet were sticking to the nasty carpet. I sat down on the bed and turned to my left to see lots of cobwebs in the corners, it was by no means giving me a clean feeling. If I had been there or needed to stay more than just overnight we would have wanted another room and or left alltogether.

Bathroom, tub and toliet, old and looked bad. We had driven 13 hours and once I re-cleaned a bit we just slept and got the heck on down the road very early the next morning. Not by any means gold standard in any way.

Staff was very friendly.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
Culpeper, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2009

I stopped at the Quality Inn on my way to visit relatives in Virginia. I saw the sign that stated they are a gold award winner which peaked my interest. The lady who checked me in was very friendly and helpful. She recommended a wonderful place to eat nearby, Mamma Marias! The food was delicious! My room was very neat and clean. You could tell that it had been newly remodled which was great. The room was a bit smaller than I cared for, but that was no biggie. I loved the view of the mountains from my room. The location of the hotel was extremely convenient...not even a mile from the interstate. The breakfast bar was a huge plus as well! Biscuits & gravy, sausage, eggs, waffles...a big variety! The breakfast bar lady was very pleasant and friendly. I really, really enjoyed my stay there! For an older property, it has been kept up very nicely!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled solo

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!