“Outsatnding experience, Fantastic breakfast and service” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Salem
Virginia
“Outsatnding experience, Fantastic breakfast and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2010

Our first visit to this area. Hotel's curb appeal is outstanding - landscaping and maintenance. Room was CLEAN, comfortable, appreciated MW, Refrig, WiFi, large TV, etc. Comfortably firm king-sized bed and easy chair. Biggest surprise was amazing breakfast buffet. We're very familiar with typical Continental breakfasts even at more expensive hotels, but this was top-notch! Hostess Bertie keeps everything hot, well supplied, clean and neat. Excellent biscuits and sausage gravy, delicious sausage patties, make your own Belgian waffles, donuts, juices, cereals, boiled eggs, yogurt, applesauce, muffins, fresh fruit bowl and more. Pleasant, helpful staff, well-maintained property. Plan to return and definitely recommend.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2009

The room was lovely and quiet, with a very comfortable King sized bed and clean furnishings. The only slight detraction was that some of the cable tv stations didn't work as clearly and the price was a little high. There was a free breakfast that was pretty standard and free internet available in the room and in the lobby. The hotel is right by a Food Lion and a number of fast food restaurants and very close to the highway.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
The South
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2009

I will say with all confidence I run & manage a 70 room hotel. I was traveling for business and simply I trusted the fact they were a "Gold" property. The room we checked into, although had new light fixtures and new mirrors...you could not walk barefooted in the room at all. My feet were sticking to the nasty carpet. I sat down on the bed and turned to my left to see lots of cobwebs in the corners, it was by no means giving me a clean feeling. If I had been there or needed to stay more than just overnight we would have wanted another room and or left alltogether.

Bathroom, tub and toliet, old and looked bad. We had driven 13 hours and once I re-cleaned a bit we just slept and got the heck on down the road very early the next morning. Not by any means gold standard in any way.

Staff was very friendly.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
Culpeper, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2009

I stopped at the Quality Inn on my way to visit relatives in Virginia. I saw the sign that stated they are a gold award winner which peaked my interest. The lady who checked me in was very friendly and helpful. She recommended a wonderful place to eat nearby, Mamma Marias! The food was delicious! My room was very neat and clean. You could tell that it had been newly remodled which was great. The room was a bit smaller than I cared for, but that was no biggie. I loved the view of the mountains from my room. The location of the hotel was extremely convenient...not even a mile from the interstate. The breakfast bar was a huge plus as well! Biscuits & gravy, sausage, eggs, waffles...a big variety! The breakfast bar lady was very pleasant and friendly. I really, really enjoyed my stay there! For an older property, it has been kept up very nicely!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled solo
Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2009

Saved around $20.00 off the regular room rate with the coupon book I got from the visitors center @ the state line. Check in was smooth and fast, with the desk attendant being very friendly and knowledgable about my questions concerning the location of the area restaurants. Room was clean, roomy, and comfortable. Breakfast was standard "continental" type fare. Only complaint I would say I have is that the pillows appeared to be too soft for my tastes, but that's why I carry my own with me. I would highly recommend this Hotel to anyone travelling through the area.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
Just outside Washington, DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2007

I'm not a big fan of Comfort Inn and seeing the previous review, was worried about what we'd be getting, but this is the place my friends chose, and we wanted to be together, so I took a chance.

Turns out I was pleasantly surprised. The motel itself looks to be fairly old, but the room was newly refurbished and very clean. The bed was comfy, though nothing special, and there were several thoughtful amenities, such as a mini-fridge, hair dryer and coffee maker. Good selection of TV channels too.

The staff, especially the cleaning ladies, were very friendly and helpful. The continental breakfast had a pretty good spread, though not the best donuts, which is pretty much all I ate. None of my friends had any complaints about what they ate.

In all, a good experience!

• Liked — Clean, New Room, Friendly Cleaning Ladies
  • Disliked — Didn't use the pool, but it looked a little small
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Stafford Springs
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2006

Not the best room. Bathroom is dirty, and the room smells very musty and is not the cleanest. If we paid in the $50 range we would be ok, but paid closer to $80. The Holiday Inn down the road looks much nicer, and next trip will be staying there.

• Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!