“A GREAT CHOICE” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Salem
Virginia
“A GREAT CHOICE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

A real value for the price. Rooms are nicely appointed and clean, bedding was excellent and the breakfast was very good. This hotel has exterior corridors which I normally avoid but Salem is a very quiet and safe little community near Roanoke.

Room Tip: First floor is most convenient
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Travis H, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words. I have shared your insight with my staff and we hope to see you staying with us again when you visit. I really appreciate the great comment about the exterior corridors, that is our only objection we ever have with a lot of guests. We are lucky to live in a safe area, however, we also do rounds every hour as well as having the property well equipped with video surveillance.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Leonardtown, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

Please see my note below. Great staff from owner down. Based on 10 - 15 years of experience. Clean rooms, outstanding breakfast. Adjacent to good restaurants and good shopping and low gas prices. Always willing to work with you.

Room Tip: Stayed here 6 times a year for Virginia Tech football games over past 10-15 years. Very friendly and...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you so much for sharing your kind words Mr. Brown! I really enjoyed getting to know all of our Virginia Tech regulars this year. The staff here is very grateful to have the owner that we have. I have worked for a few hospitality outfits in the valley and can say from experience that our ownership is the best. I am already looking forward to next year's winning football season and also the greatest group of VT fans coming through the valley!!
Redding, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

Well equipped room and most important Clean
Breakfast looked good but I only want coffee and it was terrible. The shower was terrific and I liked the free USA today both the might and the
Morning staff at the desk were polite

• Stayed November 2013
Travis H, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
The staff and I appreciate the feedback you provided. I am going to look into another option as far as our coffee goes and hope that will remedy your issue. We take great pride in providing guests with a clean and friendly home while here at Quality Inn. I hope to see you stop back through next time in town.
Myerstown, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

Mike and Shelby were excellent at check in. They saw that we were on motorcycles and gave us a room on the first floor. We were in room 132. Very clean and warm. Breakfast was good and hot, and included in our room price! We stayed here Friday, November 8, 2013.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us the great feedback. Mike and Shelby are one of a kind and I am proud to have them serve our guests. They are part of a wonderful staff that we have assembled here in order to give the best possible service in the valley. Please stop by the next time in town!
Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

Reservation was easy and person was friendly and listened to what we needed.
Our room # 103 was very clean, desk clerks were very friendly and the breakfast area was clean and the freshly cooked eggs and bacon was very good and hot.
Every staff member we met was friendly and helpful; they help make this Quality Inn to be TOP QUALITY.
We have stayed in some 4 and 5 star hotel in the USA and in Europe that we did not like as well as this Quality Inn. Also, considering Quality Inns, and we have stayed in many, this won our BEST INN AWARD comments.
Each staff member should receive a min. of a 10% increase on their next merit appraisal evaluation (as this staff makes this Inn look good).
I was a former district auditor and accountant supervisor for a company which owned 12 Holiday Inns and other major hotels. I would be proud to own this Quality Inn.
This inn is well located off of the interstate and near good family restaurants and a gas station which had fuel for $2.89 per gal. while other stations had fuel at $3.20 per gal.

We traveled several hundred miles to see the colors of the leaves on Oct. 26, which was not colorful at that time. It was some comfort to us that we had a great nights sleep and a great breakfast with friendly faces.

We did not try the fitness center, so I did not rate it.

Thanks for taking good care of us.

Rev. J. and Mrs. Newman

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Travis H, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Thank you so much for your review and phone call James!! I have printed this review off and shared it with every member of my staff and the owner as well. This brought smiles to everyone's face and helps reassure that the changes we have made in the past 8 months have been for the better. We will continue to improve on our property as well as our customer service to give guests the best possible experience. Thank you again and please stop by next year when you come to see the foliage!
Spring City, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

We only stayed one night since we were just traveling through but we were very satisfied. Our room was clean and quiet and the front desk worker was very helpful. We weren't there long enough to take advantage of any amenities or breakfast but we didn't notice any problems. We travel through here once a year and would definitly stay here again. An easier on and off than the Roanoke exit.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Travis H, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, October 26, 2013
Thank you so much for choosing our Quality Inn for your stay in the valley! We appreciate your kind review and hope to see you next year.
Elliston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

I stayed at this Quality Inn on October 18th and my room was great. My room was nice and clean. The Inn is right off the Interstate and I didn't hear the noise from it at all. I would stay again any time. The staff was so friendly and helpful I wouldn't hesitate to ask them for help with anything I needed or just stop and chat with them for a moment. I would highly recommend this Quality Inn.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you so much for taking the time to give my staff a possitive review! We appreciate every guest that we get and hope that it shows. I hope to see you stay with us the next time your in the valley.

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!