“Personal Review Based on Many Years of Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Salem
Leonardtown, Maryland
“Personal Review Based on Many Years of Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

Please see my note below. Great staff from owner down. Based on 10 - 15 years of experience. Clean rooms, outstanding breakfast. Adjacent to good restaurants and good shopping and low gas prices. Always willing to work with you.

Room Tip: Stayed here 6 times a year for Virginia Tech football games over past 10-15 years. Very friendly and...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Travis H, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your kind words Mr. Brown! I really enjoyed getting to know all of our Virginia Tech regulars this year. The staff here is very grateful to have the owner that we have. I have worked for a few hospitality outfits in the valley and can say from experience that our ownership is the best. I am already looking forward to next year's winning football season and also the greatest group of VT fans coming through the valley!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Redding, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

Well equipped room and most important Clean
Breakfast looked good but I only want coffee and it was terrible. The shower was terrific and I liked the free USA today both the might and the
Morning staff at the desk were polite

• Stayed November 2013
Travis H, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
The staff and I appreciate the feedback you provided. I am going to look into another option as far as our coffee goes and hope that will remedy your issue. We take great pride in providing guests with a clean and friendly home while here at Quality Inn. I hope to see you stop back through next time in town.
Myerstown, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

Mike and Shelby were excellent at check in. They saw that we were on motorcycles and gave us a room on the first floor. We were in room 132. Very clean and warm. Breakfast was good and hot, and included in our room price! We stayed here Friday, November 8, 2013.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us the great feedback. Mike and Shelby are one of a kind and I am proud to have them serve our guests. They are part of a wonderful staff that we have assembled here in order to give the best possible service in the valley. Please stop by the next time in town!
Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

Reservation was easy and person was friendly and listened to what we needed.
Our room # 103 was very clean, desk clerks were very friendly and the breakfast area was clean and the freshly cooked eggs and bacon was very good and hot.
Every staff member we met was friendly and helpful; they help make this Quality Inn to be TOP QUALITY.
We have stayed in some 4 and 5 star hotel in the USA and in Europe that we did not like as well as this Quality Inn. Also, considering Quality Inns, and we have stayed in many, this won our BEST INN AWARD comments.
Each staff member should receive a min. of a 10% increase on their next merit appraisal evaluation (as this staff makes this Inn look good).
I was a former district auditor and accountant supervisor for a company which owned 12 Holiday Inns and other major hotels. I would be proud to own this Quality Inn.
This inn is well located off of the interstate and near good family restaurants and a gas station which had fuel for $2.89 per gal. while other stations had fuel at $3.20 per gal.

We traveled several hundred miles to see the colors of the leaves on Oct. 26, which was not colorful at that time. It was some comfort to us that we had a great nights sleep and a great breakfast with friendly faces.

We did not try the fitness center, so I did not rate it.

Thanks for taking good care of us.

Rev. J. and Mrs. Newman

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Travis H, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Thank you so much for your review and phone call James!! I have printed this review off and shared it with every member of my staff and the owner as well. This brought smiles to everyone's face and helps reassure that the changes we have made in the past 8 months have been for the better. We will continue to improve on our property as well as our customer service to give guests the best possible experience. Thank you again and please stop by next year when you come to see the foliage!
Spring City, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

We only stayed one night since we were just traveling through but we were very satisfied. Our room was clean and quiet and the front desk worker was very helpful. We weren't there long enough to take advantage of any amenities or breakfast but we didn't notice any problems. We travel through here once a year and would definitly stay here again. An easier on and off than the Roanoke exit.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Travis H, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, October 26, 2013
Thank you so much for choosing our Quality Inn for your stay in the valley! We appreciate your kind review and hope to see you next year.
Elliston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

I stayed at this Quality Inn on October 18th and my room was great. My room was nice and clean. The Inn is right off the Interstate and I didn't hear the noise from it at all. I would stay again any time. The staff was so friendly and helpful I wouldn't hesitate to ask them for help with anything I needed or just stop and chat with them for a moment. I would highly recommend this Quality Inn.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you so much for taking the time to give my staff a possitive review! We appreciate every guest that we get and hope that it shows. I hope to see you stay with us the next time your in the valley.
Indianapolis, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Bathroom had hairs on the floor and soap in shower left from last guest, windows were dirty throughout the motel, in hallways, front windows, etc, and the worst was the continental breakfast! We arrived at 7:45am for breakfast and almost all of the food was gone. Another guest had been looking for an employee to help but couldn't find anyone, so I went looking, and found her outside, talking on her cell phone and smoking a cigarette! She quickly came in, saying she had to run the front desk and stock the breakfast because she didn't have any help. She was kind enough and then began cleaning the counters because they were all sticky, as was the floor. After a few minutes I went to ask about food items again and she said the housekeeping supervisor was bringing it up. The food finally arrived and by that time, many people were lined up waiting to get something. Again, the lady apologized, but later as we were leaving the facility, the same lady was outside smoking a cigarette again. Obviously her breaks were more important than customer service!

Room Tip: Just don't stay there!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
I would like to extend an apology on behalf of my staff and I. I will have to take full blame for this paticular weekend, I was personally ill as well as 2 other staff members during a very HECTIC Virginia Tech weekend!!!! I can personally assure you that the staff member in question cares very much for her guests and is a very vital part of our team. The incident in housekeeping is also due to having to have my head housekeeper assist in the front of the house. I have remedied this situation by adding extra help. I do not want my shortcomings on scheduling to lose a guest so I would like for you to give me a call at (540) 387-1600.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salem
La Quinta Inn Roanoke Salem
Baymont Inn & Suites Salem Roanoke Area
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Salem
Hampton Inn Roanoke/Salem
Comfort Suites Inn at Ridgewood Farm

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!