“Great experience at Quality Inn 151 Wildwood Rd. Salem, VA” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #4 of 14 hotels in Salem
Columbia, South Carolina
“Great experience at Quality Inn 151 Wildwood Rd. Salem, VA”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

Reservation was easy and person was friendly and listened to what we needed.
Our room # 103 was very clean, desk clerks were very friendly and the breakfast area was clean and the freshly cooked eggs and bacon was very good and hot.
Every staff member we met was friendly and helpful; they help make this Quality Inn to be TOP QUALITY.
We have stayed in some 4 and 5 star hotel in the USA and in Europe that we did not like as well as this Quality Inn. Also, considering Quality Inns, and we have stayed in many, this won our BEST INN AWARD comments.
Each staff member should receive a min. of a 10% increase on their next merit appraisal evaluation (as this staff makes this Inn look good).
I was a former district auditor and accountant supervisor for a company which owned 12 Holiday Inns and other major hotels. I would be proud to own this Quality Inn.
This inn is well located off of the interstate and near good family restaurants and a gas station which had fuel for $2.89 per gal. while other stations had fuel at $3.20 per gal.

We traveled several hundred miles to see the colors of the leaves on Oct. 26, which was not colorful at that time. It was some comfort to us that we had a great nights sleep and a great breakfast with friendly faces.

We did not try the fitness center, so I did not rate it.

Thanks for taking good care of us.

Rev. J. and Mrs. Newman

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Travis H, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Thank you so much for your review and phone call James!! I have printed this review off and shared it with every member of my staff and the owner as well. This brought smiles to everyone's face and helps reassure that the changes we have made in the past 8 months have been for the better. We will continue to improve on our property as well as our customer service to give guests the best possible experience. Thank you again and please stop by next year when you come to see the foliage!

87 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Spring City, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

We only stayed one night since we were just traveling through but we were very satisfied. Our room was clean and quiet and the front desk worker was very helpful. We weren't there long enough to take advantage of any amenities or breakfast but we didn't notice any problems. We travel through here once a year and would definitly stay here again. An easier on and off than the Roanoke exit.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Travis H, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, October 26, 2013
Thank you so much for choosing our Quality Inn for your stay in the valley! We appreciate your kind review and hope to see you next year.
Elliston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

I stayed at this Quality Inn on October 18th and my room was great. My room was nice and clean. The Inn is right off the Interstate and I didn't hear the noise from it at all. I would stay again any time. The staff was so friendly and helpful I wouldn't hesitate to ask them for help with anything I needed or just stop and chat with them for a moment. I would highly recommend this Quality Inn.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you so much for taking the time to give my staff a possitive review! We appreciate every guest that we get and hope that it shows. I hope to see you stay with us the next time your in the valley.
Indianapolis, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Bathroom had hairs on the floor and soap in shower left from last guest, windows were dirty throughout the motel, in hallways, front windows, etc, and the worst was the continental breakfast! We arrived at 7:45am for breakfast and almost all of the food was gone. Another guest had been looking for an employee to help but couldn't find anyone, so I went looking, and found her outside, talking on her cell phone and smoking a cigarette! She quickly came in, saying she had to run the front desk and stock the breakfast because she didn't have any help. She was kind enough and then began cleaning the counters because they were all sticky, as was the floor. After a few minutes I went to ask about food items again and she said the housekeeping supervisor was bringing it up. The food finally arrived and by that time, many people were lined up waiting to get something. Again, the lady apologized, but later as we were leaving the facility, the same lady was outside smoking a cigarette again. Obviously her breaks were more important than customer service!

Room Tip: Just don't stay there!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
I would like to extend an apology on behalf of my staff and I. I will have to take full blame for this paticular weekend, I was personally ill as well as 2 other staff members during a very HECTIC Virginia Tech weekend!!!! I can personally assure you that the staff member in question cares very much for her guests and is a very vital part of our team. The incident in housekeeping is also due to having to have my head housekeeper assist in the front of the house. I have remedied this situation by adding extra help. I do not want my shortcomings on scheduling to lose a guest so I would like for you to give me a call at (540) 387-1600.
Nazareth, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

on oct 5th i stayed with friends at this quality inn the room had bugs in it -they were stink bugs -but still they were bugs and when we informed the desk all he said was that he would make a note of it we were not told that there was going to be an all nite party right outside my room which kept me awake until after 2:00am when they finally stopped i almost called the desk several times but i figured it wouldn't do any good anyway also i had to take a cold shower no hot water and no hot water at breakfast sorry but i would not recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Travis H, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out to express your concerns about the property. I would like to appologize for our stink bugs first. We do have a leaflet that is on the front desk showing a picture of stink bugs and the local article stating the influx of them in the area this year. We did this because we do not hide any problems, we choose to inform guests and do all we can to remedy any problems as they arise. Second issue was the all-night party.... We can not address any issues unless they are brought to our attention, so please any time you stay at a hotel please contact front desk with any issues. The third issue was the hot water which was an easy solution on that day once it was brought to our attention. What happened was that a hot water heater's pilot light had gone out, after simply lighting it again hot water was restored. We do want every guest that comes to be satisfied and I want that to be the case with you as well. Please contact me at (540) 387-1600 and I will discuss the matter further.
Sandston, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

My wife and another couple have been staying at this inn for quite a few years during football and basketball season at Virginia Tech.
The staff is friendly and courteous,rooms are clean and neat and the breakfast is well stocked and has a very good variety of hot and cold items.
We would recommend this inn.
John and Betty Jo L.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you John and Betty Jo so much for taking the time to praise our staff for their hard work. Our regular Virginia Tech fans are the best group of people anyone could ask for and anytime you guys or any other VT guests need anything please do not hesitate to ask.
Tom Bean, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

after a long road trip to stop and find a great deal and a spotless room it was wonderful. the view of the mountains in the late afternoon only added to the peacefulness of the inn. breakfast was a great assortment of hot and cold and everyone that I spoke with that worked there were very helpful and pleasant. will stay there again anytime I am in the area.....spectacular visit

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Travis H, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
On behalf of my staff at Quality Inn I would like to say Thank you for your kind words. I have really grown to appreciate the mountains that surround our lovely valley over the years. I am thankful that we were able to provide you guys with what you were looking for and will be more than happy to always be the place to stay while you are in the valley!

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!