“Very satisfied!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 14 hotels in Salem
Spring City, Tennessee
“Very satisfied!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

We only stayed one night since we were just traveling through but we were very satisfied. Our room was clean and quiet and the front desk worker was very helpful. We weren't there long enough to take advantage of any amenities or breakfast but we didn't notice any problems. We travel through here once a year and would definitly stay here again. An easier on and off than the Roanoke exit.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Travis H, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, October 26, 2013
Thank you so much for choosing our Quality Inn for your stay in the valley! We appreciate your kind review and hope to see you next year.

87 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Elliston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

I stayed at this Quality Inn on October 18th and my room was great. My room was nice and clean. The Inn is right off the Interstate and I didn't hear the noise from it at all. I would stay again any time. The staff was so friendly and helpful I wouldn't hesitate to ask them for help with anything I needed or just stop and chat with them for a moment. I would highly recommend this Quality Inn.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you so much for taking the time to give my staff a possitive review! We appreciate every guest that we get and hope that it shows. I hope to see you stay with us the next time your in the valley.
Indianapolis, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Bathroom had hairs on the floor and soap in shower left from last guest, windows were dirty throughout the motel, in hallways, front windows, etc, and the worst was the continental breakfast! We arrived at 7:45am for breakfast and almost all of the food was gone. Another guest had been looking for an employee to help but couldn't find anyone, so I went looking, and found her outside, talking on her cell phone and smoking a cigarette! She quickly came in, saying she had to run the front desk and stock the breakfast because she didn't have any help. She was kind enough and then began cleaning the counters because they were all sticky, as was the floor. After a few minutes I went to ask about food items again and she said the housekeeping supervisor was bringing it up. The food finally arrived and by that time, many people were lined up waiting to get something. Again, the lady apologized, but later as we were leaving the facility, the same lady was outside smoking a cigarette again. Obviously her breaks were more important than customer service!

Room Tip: Just don't stay there!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
I would like to extend an apology on behalf of my staff and I. I will have to take full blame for this paticular weekend, I was personally ill as well as 2 other staff members during a very HECTIC Virginia Tech weekend!!!! I can personally assure you that the staff member in question cares very much for her guests and is a very vital part of our team. The incident in housekeeping is also due to having to have my head housekeeper assist in the front of the house. I have remedied this situation by adding extra help. I do not want my shortcomings on scheduling to lose a guest so I would like for you to give me a call at (540) 387-1600.
Nazareth, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

on oct 5th i stayed with friends at this quality inn the room had bugs in it -they were stink bugs -but still they were bugs and when we informed the desk all he said was that he would make a note of it we were not told that there was going to be an all nite party right outside my room which kept me awake until after 2:00am when they finally stopped i almost called the desk several times but i figured it wouldn't do any good anyway also i had to take a cold shower no hot water and no hot water at breakfast sorry but i would not recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Travis H, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out to express your concerns about the property. I would like to appologize for our stink bugs first. We do have a leaflet that is on the front desk showing a picture of stink bugs and the local article stating the influx of them in the area this year. We did this because we do not hide any problems, we choose to inform guests and do all we can to remedy any problems as they arise. Second issue was the all-night party.... We can not address any issues unless they are brought to our attention, so please any time you stay at a hotel please contact front desk with any issues. The third issue was the hot water which was an easy solution on that day once it was brought to our attention. What happened was that a hot water heater's pilot light had gone out, after simply lighting it again hot water was restored. We do want every guest that comes to be satisfied and I want that to be the case with you as well. Please contact me at (540) 387-1600 and I will discuss the matter further.
Sandston, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

My wife and another couple have been staying at this inn for quite a few years during football and basketball season at Virginia Tech.
The staff is friendly and courteous,rooms are clean and neat and the breakfast is well stocked and has a very good variety of hot and cold items.
We would recommend this inn.
John and Betty Jo L.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you John and Betty Jo so much for taking the time to praise our staff for their hard work. Our regular Virginia Tech fans are the best group of people anyone could ask for and anytime you guys or any other VT guests need anything please do not hesitate to ask.
Tom Bean, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

after a long road trip to stop and find a great deal and a spotless room it was wonderful. the view of the mountains in the late afternoon only added to the peacefulness of the inn. breakfast was a great assortment of hot and cold and everyone that I spoke with that worked there were very helpful and pleasant. will stay there again anytime I am in the area.....spectacular visit

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Travis H, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
On behalf of my staff at Quality Inn I would like to say Thank you for your kind words. I have really grown to appreciate the mountains that surround our lovely valley over the years. I am thankful that we were able to provide you guys with what you were looking for and will be more than happy to always be the place to stay while you are in the valley!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

After having driven for 10 hours WITH a dog and pulling a trailer all I wanted was a shower and a bed. What I received not only in the room but also in customer service was far more than what I expected. Upon arrival (without a reservation) I was greeted by "Shawn". What a breath of fresh air. Check in was quick, efficient and courteous. Then, she handed me a treat bag for my lil 4 legged friend! How awesome was that?!?! The room was clean, fresh and so relaxing. Being so tired we were dragging a bit in the AM. Morning team did not rush us to eat our breakfast..which was really good. If you are ever in this area you MUST stay at this hotel. You will NOT be disappointed!

• Stayed October 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words! We are very lucky to have Shawn on staff and she is a wonderful employee! We do try and stress providing a welcoming "family-feel" environment at the hotel and hearing your words make me feel we are achieving just that. I hope you continue to make your temporary home in the valley Quality Inn!

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!