“Truly the best stay ever!!” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #4 of 14 hotels in Salem
“Truly the best stay ever!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

After having driven for 10 hours WITH a dog and pulling a trailer all I wanted was a shower and a bed. What I received not only in the room but also in customer service was far more than what I expected. Upon arrival (without a reservation) I was greeted by "Shawn". What a breath of fresh air. Check in was quick, efficient and courteous. Then, she handed me a treat bag for my lil 4 legged friend! How awesome was that?!?! The room was clean, fresh and so relaxing. Being so tired we were dragging a bit in the AM. Morning team did not rush us to eat our breakfast..which was really good. If you are ever in this area you MUST stay at this hotel. You will NOT be disappointed!

• Stayed October 2013
Travis H, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words! We are very lucky to have Shawn on staff and she is a wonderful employee! We do try and stress providing a welcoming "family-feel" environment at the hotel and hearing your words make me feel we are achieving just that. I hope you continue to make your temporary home in the valley Quality Inn!

84 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Arkansas City, Kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Traveled over 1000 miles that day & was exhausted, need a room everything else was booked. Hairs in tub & on toilet seat Brownish red stains on sheets, that looked fresh, pet hair on covers along with dirty carpets and room smelled. Front desk clerk smoking by front door and breakfast bar attendant had to check us out. Worst stay of my life wasted TOO MUCH MONEY on this dump! Its listed as a gold award winner of choice hotels......not!

Room Tip: Applebees down the road is excellent. That's the only tip this hotel will get! or don't stay...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
On behalf of my staff here at Quality Inn I do truely appologize for not meeting your standards while staying with us. I do feel like giving you a refund was the best way to remedy the situation. I feel like my staff (including our regional manager) went above and beyond to resolve your complaints as they arose , however, as I had said on the phone I do not want any guest to feel as if they were not given their money's worth which is why I refunded your money. I do hope you will change your mind and give us another chance.
Brackney, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

We are very pleased with this Quality Inn. We had stayed the first time on our way to TN from PA. We called to book the same room on the way back. We were not disappointed. From the person who checked us in to our room to breakfast in the morning and our checking out everyone and everything was exceptional. You can be sure we will book our next trip at this Quality Inn.

Room Tip: If you are handicapped and need a great room, this hotel has it for you.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Travis H, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
I would like to take the time to thank you for your kind words regarding my staff and our property! We are very proud and honored to have you as our guests. We have a very large regular customer base and we welcome you to the family, if at any time your stay is not up to our standards please let me know!
Moss Point, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Any time someone is traveling around the country side of this U.S.A. be sure to stop and stay at any Quality Inn/Suite or Comfort Inn/Suite. You will enjoy your stay and they have all the facilities you maybe looking for at any time of the year. Some of them enjoy your pet as well.

Room Tip: Advise if you are a senior and need a lower room or a business traveler and need a quiet area. Don...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Travis H, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share kind words about Quality Inn and other great choice hotel properties! My staff and I really appreciate you giving the advice to not be afraid to ask for anything. Our biggest asset is our friendly staff and their ability to go above and beyond the call of duty to make the guest happy! Please share our location with friends and family and I hope to see you the next time your near the Roanoke valley.
Morristown, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Large inviting lobby. Rooms above average in size; better appointed than many hotels in this class. Pleasant staff; very helpful to guests. Very large breakfast area and well stocked considering the size of the crowd. Has received a deserved "Quality Inn" award. Supermarket across street.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Thank you so much for your feedback! We our very proud of our award winning hotel and I believe it shows in our staff and product. If your near the Roanoke Valley in the future please stop in again for a great stay!
denver, pa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

We recently stayed here as a stopover on a long car ride. Let me begin by saying that the staff was not friendly at all. Not to mention when we pulled out they were all standing in front of the hotel entrance smoking. I can't think of a bigger turnoff then that. I get people smoke, but designate a staff smoking area where guests can see you! The rooms were okay, but were pretty dirty. They also had a faint musty smell. We did not get to use the pool as it was raining/cool. The view of was very pretty off of our balcony. The morning breakfast was definitely lacking. They were out of most things and they lady running breakfast made no effort to refill it. When she finally did several staff members came in and took the food, sat down and started eating. I am pretty sure the paying guests should of had first go at the breakfast selection. When trying to ask staff questions they were rude, short and acted like you were bothering them. The price of this Quality was more expensive then other we stayed at and we aren't quite sure why. Next time we will pick a different hotel to stay at!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Travis H, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
I would like to extend an apology to you for such a bad stay! This is very unusual for my staff to have complaints like this. Unfortunately, I am unable to find out details of your paticular stay without further information. Please contact me at my office (540) 387-1600 to discuss this with me, my name is Travis Hill and I am the General Manager and will take any necessary steps to remedy theses problems. Once again I do apologize and hope to hear from you in order to make this right.
Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

I began staying at this Quality Inn 5 years ago. It was great, spent two weeks while on business.
My business now only requires me to spend one or two nights. The staff used to be very friendly
and the rates were very reasonable. Didn't get to stay here last year because of the weather so
was looking forward to a good experience again this year. Not so much...staff was not welcoming, didn't give the rate that is published on-line, no AARP or AAA discount. The room
was clean and comfortable; no complaint with that. Breakfast suggested that waffle batter and
syrup were there but no waffle iron to create the suggested item. Check out was also
impersonal. Guess I'll have to find another venue where the rate is equal to the service.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Travis H, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
I would like to first apologize for any incidents with my staff that made you feel unwelcome! Next, I would like to leave my name and number, Travis Hill (540) 387-1600, for you to contact me directly to discuss this particular stay. Repeat customers are very important to me and I would love the oppurtunity to keep your business. The rates are a little higher than in years past due to a rising economy and also vast improvements to the property. We also during summer hours have alot of special events in town which at that time we usually do not offer discounts. I do apologize on behalf of my staff for not meeting expectations and we do hope you call me and give us another try!

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!