“Never stay anywhere else while in Salem VA” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Salem
Brackney, Pennsylvania
“Never stay anywhere else while in Salem VA”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

We are very pleased with this Quality Inn. We had stayed the first time on our way to TN from PA. We called to book the same room on the way back. We were not disappointed. From the person who checked us in to our room to breakfast in the morning and our checking out everyone and everything was exceptional. You can be sure we will book our next trip at this Quality Inn.

Room Tip: If you are handicapped and need a great room, this hotel has it for you.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Travis H, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
I would like to take the time to thank you for your kind words regarding my staff and our property! We are very proud and honored to have you as our guests. We have a very large regular customer base and we welcome you to the family, if at any time your stay is not up to our standards please let me know!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Moss Point, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Any time someone is traveling around the country side of this U.S.A. be sure to stop and stay at any Quality Inn/Suite or Comfort Inn/Suite. You will enjoy your stay and they have all the facilities you maybe looking for at any time of the year. Some of them enjoy your pet as well.

Room Tip: Advise if you are a senior and need a lower room or a business traveler and need a quiet area. Don...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Travis H, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share kind words about Quality Inn and other great choice hotel properties! My staff and I really appreciate you giving the advice to not be afraid to ask for anything. Our biggest asset is our friendly staff and their ability to go above and beyond the call of duty to make the guest happy! Please share our location with friends and family and I hope to see you the next time your near the Roanoke valley.
Morristown, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Large inviting lobby. Rooms above average in size; better appointed than many hotels in this class. Pleasant staff; very helpful to guests. Very large breakfast area and well stocked considering the size of the crowd. Has received a deserved "Quality Inn" award. Supermarket across street.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Thank you so much for your feedback! We our very proud of our award winning hotel and I believe it shows in our staff and product. If your near the Roanoke Valley in the future please stop in again for a great stay!
denver, pa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

We recently stayed here as a stopover on a long car ride. Let me begin by saying that the staff was not friendly at all. Not to mention when we pulled out they were all standing in front of the hotel entrance smoking. I can't think of a bigger turnoff then that. I get people smoke, but designate a staff smoking area where guests can see you! The rooms were okay, but were pretty dirty. They also had a faint musty smell. We did not get to use the pool as it was raining/cool. The view of was very pretty off of our balcony. The morning breakfast was definitely lacking. They were out of most things and they lady running breakfast made no effort to refill it. When she finally did several staff members came in and took the food, sat down and started eating. I am pretty sure the paying guests should of had first go at the breakfast selection. When trying to ask staff questions they were rude, short and acted like you were bothering them. The price of this Quality was more expensive then other we stayed at and we aren't quite sure why. Next time we will pick a different hotel to stay at!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Travis H, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
I would like to extend an apology to you for such a bad stay! This is very unusual for my staff to have complaints like this. Unfortunately, I am unable to find out details of your paticular stay without further information. Please contact me at my office (540) 387-1600 to discuss this with me, my name is Travis Hill and I am the General Manager and will take any necessary steps to remedy theses problems. Once again I do apologize and hope to hear from you in order to make this right.
Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

I began staying at this Quality Inn 5 years ago. It was great, spent two weeks while on business.
My business now only requires me to spend one or two nights. The staff used to be very friendly
and the rates were very reasonable. Didn't get to stay here last year because of the weather so
was looking forward to a good experience again this year. Not so much...staff was not welcoming, didn't give the rate that is published on-line, no AARP or AAA discount. The room
was clean and comfortable; no complaint with that. Breakfast suggested that waffle batter and
syrup were there but no waffle iron to create the suggested item. Check out was also
impersonal. Guess I'll have to find another venue where the rate is equal to the service.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Travis H, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
I would like to first apologize for any incidents with my staff that made you feel unwelcome! Next, I would like to leave my name and number, Travis Hill (540) 387-1600, for you to contact me directly to discuss this particular stay. Repeat customers are very important to me and I would love the oppurtunity to keep your business. The rates are a little higher than in years past due to a rising economy and also vast improvements to the property. We also during summer hours have alot of special events in town which at that time we usually do not offer discounts. I do apologize on behalf of my staff for not meeting expectations and we do hope you call me and give us another try!
Princeton, Wv
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Super clean!! Beds are very comfortable. Rooms are always stocked with toiletries in case you have forgotten any. Staff is always great to work with, always willing to assist you. Breakfast is always stocked and fresh. Nice area of Salem, very convenient to restaurants. They always offer a great rate, and with a beautiful sparkling outdoor pool, that is a plus!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Travis H, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let other people know about our beautiful property! We strive to go above and beyond to meet our guest's needs and enjoy making your stay memorable! Thank you for your conytinued support of Quality inn Wildwood Road.
Chesapeake, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

Great location right off I-81. Very clean room, very nice staff, very comfortable stay. Would have enjoyed breakfast just a little more if it were all still available until 1000 as advertised. Very friendly staff did offer to get us anything we wanted. We highly recommend this motel to travelers passing through Salem.

• Stayed June 2013
Travis H, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Thank You for the kind words regarding my staff at Quality Inn! I would like to apologize for the breakfast coming down earlier than 10:00 a.m. and will investigate this matter.

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!