“Was the stay worth the money?” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #4 of 14 hotels in Salem
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Was the stay worth the money?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

I began staying at this Quality Inn 5 years ago. It was great, spent two weeks while on business.
My business now only requires me to spend one or two nights. The staff used to be very friendly
and the rates were very reasonable. Didn't get to stay here last year because of the weather so
was looking forward to a good experience again this year. Not so much...staff was not welcoming, didn't give the rate that is published on-line, no AARP or AAA discount. The room
was clean and comfortable; no complaint
with that. Breakfast suggested that waffle batter and
syrup were there but no waffle iron to create the suggested item. Check out was also
impersonal. Guess I'll have to find another venue where the rate is equal to the service.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Travis H, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
I would like to first apologize for any incidents with my staff that made you feel unwelcome! Next, I would like to leave my name and number, Travis Hill (540) 387-1600, for you to contact me directly to discuss this particular stay. Repeat customers are very important to me and I would love the oppurtunity to keep your business. The rates are a little higher than in years past due to a rising economy and also vast improvements to the property. We also during summer hours have alot of special events in town which at that time we usually do not offer discounts. I do apologize on behalf of my staff for not meeting expectations and we do hope you call me and give us another try!

80 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Princeton, Wv
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Super clean!! Beds are very comfortable. Rooms are always stocked with toiletries in case you have forgotten any. Staff is always great to work with, always willing to assist you. Breakfast is always stocked and fresh. Nice area of Salem, very convenient to restaurants. They always offer a great rate, and with a beautiful sparkling outdoor pool, that is a plus!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Travis H, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let other people know about our beautiful property! We strive to go above and beyond to meet our guest's needs and enjoy making your stay memorable! Thank you for your conytinued support of Quality inn Wildwood Road.
Chesapeake, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

Great location right off I-81. Very clean room, very nice staff, very comfortable stay. Would have enjoyed breakfast just a little more if it were all still available until 1000 as advertised. Very friendly staff did offer to get us anything we wanted. We highly recommend this motel to travelers passing through Salem.

• Stayed June 2013
Travis H, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Thank You for the kind words regarding my staff at Quality Inn! I would like to apologize for the breakfast coming down earlier than 10:00 a.m. and will investigate this matter.
Venice, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

An older property that is well maintained and being updated. Very friendly and helpful staff. Big surprise was the breakfast. It is standard hotel hot breakfast fare but they use top of the line ingredients that make it really tasty.

Don't miss the El Rodeo restaurant across the street.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you ffor staying with us at Quality Inn! We are currently doing a few improvements on the property and have even bigger and better things coming. Thebreakfast was one of our first improvements since i have taken over as manager, we have always provided a great Quality Inn breakfast but felt we could improve by offering the highest quality products available. El Rodeo is a wonderful restaraunt as well and one that I would reccomend to any travelers looking for Mexican food.
Swedesboro, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

I stayed at this hotel may 23rd thru the 27th with my mother, mother in law and niece and my 15 year old dog. The staff was great!!! The housekeeper was so friendly and did a great job cleaning the room and always made sure we had everything we needed. The people at the front desk were wonderful also. They were very friendly and made us feel very welcomed. I will definitely stay there again when I am in the area. Highly recommended this place

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Travis H, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
The staff here at Quality Inn Wildwood Rd. greatly appreciate your comments! Our housekeeping and front desk staffs go above and beyond to accomodate guests and we appreciate you noticing. I hope that next time your in Salem, VA you come back by and see us.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

The only reason I am not giving this 5 stars is it is a bit outdated and lots of cigarette butts on the sidewalks. Overall, excellent. Rooms clean. Great breakfast (includes eggs and sausage). Bed very comfortable and the room was very quiet. Bathrooms seem a bit larger than like hotels. There is mid sized refrigerator, microwave and good tv.

Definitely a great place to spend the night on the road!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank You for taking the time to share your feelings on our property with Tripadvisor! We are currently in the midst of renovations, Iam happy to see some of our improvements such as bathroom renovations, new flat screens, new bedding,and a new and improved breakfast bar have are being utilized! I do personally appologize for the cigarette butts and will take these comments seriously and adjust our maintenance schedule appropriately.
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

Gold Award property of the Choice Hotel brands. Rooms are clean and recently updated (summer 2013). New furniture, fresh paint, new comfort beds and linens, updated plumbing fixtures, flat screen HD TV, and mew ac/heater units. Staff goes out of the way to be courteous and helpful.

Pet fee is a $25 PER STAY, rather than per night charge. Nice!

Available overflow parking next door if parking gets tight.

This hotel puts the Quality Inn on the south side of Roanoke to shame. I drive 15 miles extra to stay here rather than either of the Choice Hotels (Quality Inn & Sleep Inn) on the south side of Roanoke in the Tanglewood area.

• Stayed June 2013
Travis H, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
We really appreciate the kind words and wonderful photos you have taken. I am sorry for the "bad" Choice Hotel experiences you have had in the valley and am grateful that we have been able to gain your business. We are a pet friendly hotel and enjoy getting to meet each and every one of our furry friends!

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!