“Have stayed there before, quality used to be better.” 2 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Salem
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Konigsfeld, Germany
“Have stayed there before, quality used to be better.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

I had stayed there in fall of 2011 before spending a night there now. The overall cleanliness was worse than i remembered it to be. All the edges of the carpet in our room were dusty. The shower curtain was stained with dirt, so was the ceiling of our room. The A/C was rather loud.The beds were clean though.
The free breakfast is still nice and they have free wifi. Room had fridge and microwave. So it´s still o.k. for a single night, but they should apply more care cleaning up and start renovating the rooms.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Akron, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

My husband and I made advance reservations, to stay at this Quality Inn for June 8th - June10th.
We talk to a very pleasant, helpful young lady name Shelby H ( impress with her communication skils). When we arrive, we had pleasure of meeting her and some of the other wonderful staff members.Our first floor room was clean, smell fresh. Maid service excellent. My husband usally skips breakfast, when I coax him to come and look at the breakfast setup, he was very happy. Everything was fresh and good. The hostess was pleasant and made sure the food was stock up, and clean up any spills ect. I have to come to Salem Va to see family and I will always stay at this Inn. Thank you for your overall wonderful service.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
SC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

There were three of us passing through VA. I had made reservations in advance, something I hardly ever do. We arrived at about 2 AM. I was assured they would hold our room for such a late arrival. They did. The staff was friendly; the room was nice and clean. The complimentary breakfast was excellent! How can you go wring with hot waffles? There were even biscuits and eggs on the buffet.

Room Tip: We asked for and got a no smoking room with two queen beds.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

My wife and I stayed here last night. We had our two dogs and they are pet friendly. They charge $25 for pets but the lady bumped it down to $15 for us. The value of this place is very good. The staff was awesome and the room was clean. The room felt newley renovated. I will stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012
Buckey State
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

Nice older hotel, outside entrances, no elevator, a lot of construction workers staying when we were there, over all nice place

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Syracuse, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

Was there last night...The hotel is well placed of the highway....Rooms were very clean...The staff was EX.( both day and night). An additional feature is the delivery of food from the near by Applebees Rest. with no del charge. The staff at the hotel made sure the food was delivered in a timely manor.

Room Tip: 1st floor has king beds
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Denver, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

Perfect location if traveling to the Roanoke area, so easy to access from interstate. This hotel was clean and quiet. Breakfast was very good with great selection, coffee was very good and fresh! When I arrived my travel plans had changed and I had two dogs traveling with me, staff was great to make the changes for my needs. Pet room was extremely clean, carpet was clean and room smelled fresh.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!