“Good for the price” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
LONG ISLAND, NY
“Good for the price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2011

This is a good, clean hotel. The guy behind the counter was very helpful in recommending a place to eat and some local entertainment. Room was comfortable. Continental breakfast was very good with lots of choices.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Allentown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2011

I organized a group of 37 people with 24 bikes to TN. We stayed for 5 nights at Days Inn Apple Valley. The hotel is in a good spot close to everything. The rooms were clean and deluxe with the staff being an A+++. Special thanks to Charlene for all her help. Charlene helped book the rooms and they did not dissapoint. I would recommend the hotel for multiple reasons, I don't think there is enough room to list them all.

Looking forward to another trip to Salem.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Mobile, AL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2011

This, our first stay, was a halfway stop on a long drive from Alabama to New Jersey with my wife and four of my kids (three grade-school age and one toddler).

In general, I favor motels where you can enter your room directly from the parking lot (which I ascertain from hotel photos); this is one such motel.

At first, we had room 103 – handicap-accessible, to insure ground-level and a larger bathroom, but the carpet and (strangely enough) the air coming out of the airconditioning smelled of dog pee. However, we have grown accustomed to encountering this issue in “pet friendly” hotels (we have no pets) and so asked to be moved to a different room. After careful inspection, we were happy to move to room 208, even though we had to move all our stuff up the stairs – an unwelcome chore after 14 hours on the road, but 208 smelled much nicer, and we could not have slept in 103.

The staff that helped us was very nice, though. Earlier in the day I called ahead, something I routinely do when we expect to arrive very late. The lady was very friendly and put my mind at ease. She was also very sensitive about our objections to room 103; she was sincerely apologetic, worked quickly to find us another room, and said she’d take $20 off just for the trouble. Later that night another clerk helped me when I discovered that I left a couple of things in 103, and he responded very quickly.

Wireless internet in the room was good – albeit at 11:30 pm – and the room comes with a microwave and a decent-size mini-fridge – all of which I think should be standard. The beds were comfortable and the linens very clean and presentable. The following morning, we enjoyed the breakfast, which in addition to the usual continental (cold) stuff there was also the increasingly-standard waffle iron, but also a continuously stocked bin of biscuits and gravy, sausage, and scrambled eggs. The waffle batter seemed runny, but the waffle came out nice. The eggs may have been a bit stiff, but overall it was a good and filling hot breakfast. We also filled two mini-coolers with ice, which was plentiful in supply.

Overall, this motel met all the needs of a road-tripping family with small kids (and zero tolerance for pet or cigarette odors). We would definitely use this hotel if we drive through this route again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
South-Central Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2011

After working 7 days a week we decided to go not too far but far enough to relax, our choice was perfect. Not only was Salem filled with many businesses at your disposal you also can experience the down-home friendliness of mountain folk. We did arrive earlier than the 3 pm check in and didn't expect to get the room but they allowed us to have it-and this was on a Saturday-Wow! That was the first sign of how great this place and its people are. I was surprised to see the parking lot filled Sunday morning, you would have never known. We never heard anyone else.

The room was very nice, clean as well as clean smelling, you can tell they care very much about the business and making sure your happy during your short visit.

Breakfast was very good, the largest choice I have seen for any hotel and they included low calorie choices as well. Everyone was cheerful, all the guests were happy and the city of Salem is a sweet little mountain gem here in Virginia, I'm glad I was able to experience this relaxing trip and with very little financial commitment.

Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2011

We stayed here a couple nights the people are so so pleasant and welcoming. They were all eager to please. The rooms were nice newer carpet and sinks ect.. Plenty of parking. Hot items for breakfast. The price was great too.

• Stayed February 2011
ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2011

I stayed here in October of 2010 and then returned in December . There was a mix up with our reservation, and to make things right they gave us a jacuzzi room for no additional charge. We were very pleased with this, however it would have been better if the jacuzzi was working properly. It was dated and the dial to adjust the jets was not working. It also would not hold water. In order to fill the tub with enough water to use it, you had to let the water constantly run.

I recommend a regular room. They are very nice and clean and the people at this hotel are outstanding!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2010

From the moment we arrived we were treated with excellent hospitality. The desk clerk who was very busy with others in line ahead of us, was very courteous with everyone.She was able to change one of our rooms from a 2nd to a first floor to accomodate my Mother whom has trouble with a lot of stairs. The exterior of the property was clean and maintained. The rooms look to have been recently redone with nice carpeting, new bathroom counters and fixtures...very nice. All the employees spoke as you walked past them. The team effort sort of a feeling was present. I had went to the desk at about 10 pm to ask where i could find a coffee shop. The clerk said " you dont need to leave here, we have coffee and she also gave me some donuts (krispie -kremes) Awesome!! i didnt have to leave my room! Also we all really enjoyed the hot breakfast bar. The lady that ran it was nice and it was like having breakfast at grandmas. Hot biscuits-gravy-eggs-fresh waffles-fresh fruit. And even the juice (o.j. and apple )was really good not watered down like some of those machines provide.And they had real half and half for your coffee. For the money this place was really top notch.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!