“good time” 5 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Salem
“good time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

this was a good choice of hotels, only had one drawback, not enough washers for the guests. I know that sounds petty but with contractors staying there the one washer and dryer were bust most of the night. the staff were very helpful and did a great job. rooms were clean bed was comfortable and we had a great time in the area. we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
csridgewood, General Manager at Comfort Suites Inn at Ridgewood Farm, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Thank you so much for your positive feedback. We will definitely look into the thought of adding more washers. We enjoy hearing great ideas from our guests! Hope to see you again soon!

Gabrielle Liegey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
West Tisbury, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

We chose this hotel because it was located conveniently close to the Salem Civic Center. It was a great choice. When we checked in Johanna was efficient, friendly, and helpful. Our room was very clean, the king-size bed was comfy with an assortment of soft and firm pillows. The next day I wanted an extra coffee filter. The housekeepers were on the floor and were very accommodating and friendly. The hot and cold breakfast had a good selection - and very good coffee. The dining room was bright, pretty, and clean, and maintained constantly. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: You can walk a short distance for several dining choices.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
csridgewood, General Manager at Comfort Suites Inn at Ridgewood Farm, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
We are very happy we were able to make your accommodations enjoyable during your stay. Thank you very much for the positive feedback! We hope to see you again soon!
Portsmouth,NH.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

Very reasonably priced and comfortable. It was very nice sleeping on new bedding- best overnight stay of our 3 day road trip to and from New England to Florida. The staff went out of their way to make our visit a memorial one.

Stayed March 2014
csridgewood, General Manager at Comfort Suites Inn at Ridgewood Farm, responded to this review, March 22, 2014
Thank you for stay with us during your travels, we are happy we were able to make your stay enjoyable. We hope to see you again in the future!
Richmond, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

There is nothing wrong with this hotel. For an over night stay and a price of $79, it provided all the necessary things. It's quiet, the waters hot, the check in lady is nice and they have a decent breakfast (doughnuts, cereal, bagels, yogurt and some hot sausage). They allow pets, but on a separate floor from non pet rooms so that is good. Apparently they have an outdoor
Pool and a small gym, though I used neither so can't make comments on that other than they exist.

However, if you are a I need a pristine hotel type person, this won't work for you. The chair had a bit of paint peeling, the carpets were clean but could stand to be replaced, the shower curtain had that kind of funny cheap hotel scent and other little things like that. Not enough to keep me from staying again, but enough for other people for sure.

Overall, it's a clean, decent hotel for a solid price near the hospital, Kroger and Brandon Oaks Retirement home. If you just need a place to sleep and watch some tv, I would recommend it.

Stayed December 2013
Bear, Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

We stayed over Thanksgiving through the weekend and were quite happy with this hotel. It has been renovated and the rooms that were previously getting a bit worn and now fresh and clean. There is an ample free breakfast and free Wi-Fi and the hotel is convenient to shopping, restaurants and movie theaters. The check-in and check-out were quick and in between we were always greeted by any staff we encountered with a friendly hello.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Salem, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

Stayed at Comfort Suites for 2 and a half months and I have no complaints whatsoever. The entire staff was always very pleasant and very accommodating. From the front desk people to the breakfast ladies, to the ones driving the shuttles, up to the people making the rooms. They made my stay very homey and warm. I did not get a chance to interact with the manager but just getting to know the staff and seeing how they are is in itself a reflection of their manager. So... Fantastic Job!!!

Relatives came to visit and found the place really pleasant with a nice view to boot.

Rooms were nice and cozy and had everything you needed, a tv, hot iron, air-conditioning that worked like a charm, refrigerator, hair dryer... And if you ever forgot your razor or toothpaste, you could request it at the front desk.

They have a gym, laundry room, a pool, an outdoor Jacuzzi and they also allow pets.

Towels and toiletries were replaced daily. Beds were made neatly everytime.

So if you are ever in Salem, this would be a nice place to stay.

Thanks for the wonderful experience, and if I ever get sent to Salem again I'll ask my employer to send me back to Comfort Suites!

Room Tip: If you like a room/a suite, and if you've got some spare cash get room 322. It has its own livin...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Charlotte, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

I took a contract job in Salem VA.Before my apartment was ready I spent two wonderful weeks living at the Comfort Inn in Salem VA. The hotel was physically close to my work and to a local shopping center. That didm't matter, though, the hotel provided a shuttle that took me to work, out to eat and even out for shopping. As a non-driver this was fantastic!

It is the staff to which I owe particular thanks. The staff was constantly kind, attentive and courteous. I formed friendships with at least three of the staff with whom I still exchange greetings.

The room was eel kep considering I was there for a prolonged period. Halls were clean and neat. Gust laundry was clean.I'm sorry I missed the hot tub, but it had closed down for the season,

Room Tip: I preferred the ground (2nd) floor.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Been to Comfort Suites Inn at Ridgewood Farm? Share your experiences!