“Salem-Roanoke” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Salem
Pembroke Pines, United States
“Salem-Roanoke”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

Clean and efficient hotel, however, I did not find the bed to be the most comfortable. Unfortunately, I was there for a business trip and did not have the option to change locations which was very convenient and the entire staff was very helpful. In all fairness, I never complained about the bed to the staff. They were all so kind, even helping me by shoveling the snow on my rental car.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Rural Retreat, Va., United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

This hotel is very nice, clean and the staff is very helpful. They even had people there to help us clean off our vehicle after a large snow. The location next to Lewis-Gale Hospital is excellent and it is close to restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Lynchburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

Great hotel! Going through renovations, but the hotel is in great shape and the staff are phenomenal!! Breakfast was great and the room was beautiful. The suites are fantastic as well. Not a bad drive to downtown either and connects immediately to the hospital - incredibly convenient.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

Auburn Center, Pennsylvania, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

This Hampton isn't located in a great location, except if you're going to the hospital that's right behind it. The hotel definitely needs some updating and they are doing some of it now. The wallpaper in my room was peeling off the wall. The fixtures, vanity, desk, décor was outdated. I had a room on the second floor, so when I arrived I parked in this tiny lot right outside the entrance to the second floor. I went to dinner and when I returned there were no more spots left. Well there was one, but some person driving a silver Ford fusion parked in two spots. Really?!?!? You drive a little car and you can't get into one spot! I had to maneuver my Chevy 2500 4-door long bed out of this little parking lot...it was like a 100 point turn. Anyways, so I had to go to there upper lot, which according to the sign is one block down and make a right. So, I went one block down and made a right...right into the hospital main driveway. It was dark, so I didn't notice any signs telling me where to go from there. I circled the entire property before noticing a sign saying Hotel Parking. At this point I was pretty upset. I get parked and walk across the catwalk to the hotel. I complained enough. The good points - a nice breakfast and an AWESOME business center! I've never been to a hotel that equips their business center with pretty much everything you could need, as far as office tools go. The computers were fast and the printers were full of paper and ink. I find that in many hotels there are only a few sheets of paper and the toner is low every time I need to use a business center. They also had a 3 hole punch, calculators, staplers, post its, etc. It was great! Even with that great business center, I don't know if I'll be back. As I said, the hotel location isn't great...for me.

Room Tip: I'd have to say a room on the top floor is probably best and if you can park in the upper lot yo...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Millersville, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

The service was very good. The room was clean. The hotel was quiet. I travel to many Hamptons along the east coast. This one was average. The staff was very friendly and helpful, but the quality of the room was average. The hotel will be upgrading soon, perhaps the room will improve with the upgrade. This Hampton is customer oriented.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

I have stayed in a LOT of Hampton Inns in my years as a road warrior. This one was the absolute BEST one EVER! Upgraded, clean as a whistle, quiet...And the staff was exceptional. STAY HERE! The location was good for our purposes, and near interesting restaurants for Southern Virginia.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Dunn Loring, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

Great hotel, love the clean quilt cover for every visit! Plugs next to bed, not behind bed should be in every hotel. Breakfast really good and assistance very courteous. Will stay here next year on annual Christmas family visit. Only thing I would change is a higher toilet in the room. Husbands knees do not bend anymore. lol

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Been to Hampton Inn Roanoke/Salem? Share your experiences!