“Convenient!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Salem

You added Days Inn Salem to your Saves list
Days Inn Salem
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1535 East Main Street, Salem, VA 24153 (Formerly Holiday Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 25% Summer Sale
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Salem
Saint Augustine, Florida
“Convenient!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

This was my second time staying at this motel.....I am an art vendor, and I sell at Olde Salem Days. This motel is convenient to the festival location, is clean, and the staff is VERY nice. If you're expecting a modern facility, this one is not for you, although it has all the creature comforts. The bed was VERY comfortable, and the bathroom, while "dated," was clean....all I needed while at the festival....the price was reasonable. Didn't get a chance to partake of the breakfast, so I really don't know how that is, but I will definitely go back to this location during next years' festival.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
South Riding, Virginia, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

I tried posting this a couple weeks ago, but TripAdvisor and/or Days Inn wouldn't publish it. I brought home some bugs from this place. Room 216. Beware of these creatures at this motel! I'm afraid if I use the actual word, TripAdvisor or Days Inn will not allow my review. But we got them there, and brought them home, and now have a nightmare to live with (46 bites on my legs, 18 on my daughters).

Room Tip: don't choose room 216!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

We stayed here because of TA reviews, and they were right-on! The rooms were clean, odor free, & spacious for a short stay. The bed was comfortable, the air conditioner worked well, and did not click on and off all night. The breakfast room was clean, the attendant kept the tables clean as well as the counters. There was hard boiled eggs, sausage, waffles, and the usual fair.
It is about 2 miles off the highway, but worth it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Greer, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

This was our last stay after a trip to the Delaware River in NY/PA and the Luray Caverns. It was convenient to downtown and was comfortable. The rooms were spacious and they had plenty of pillows. The room had a refrigerator with separate freezer (a real plus for my medicinal freeze packs). The staff was very friendly. We had a great stay and a comfortable night's sleep.
The breakfast was very good with fresh waffles. I love those machines!
We left for the last leg home refreshed and relaxed.
The sad part was that Henry's Barbecue is now closed. That was a big reason to visit Salem. :(

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

We had to take an emergency trip due to a death in the family and we needed to bring our dog along. There weren't many hotels willing to take pets so we stayed here. It was supposed to be a non-smoking room but it clearly was not. We had to open doors and windows to get the smoke out. The room otherwise was reasonably clean especially the bathroom. I would not stay there again if we do not have the dog with us because there are other properties along the way that are nicer in about the same price range.

One great thing was the breakfast, not so much the food, but the elderly woman serving it was so nice and hospitable. She was our morning inspiration.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

This hotel looks like a family operation....and they all scurry around like ants and make sure the place is well maintained every day. I always worry about what sort of unmentionable germs lurk on hotel carpets, but they were in there doing Stanley Steemer on all the carpets one day while I stayed. They had a very nice breakfast, and an elderly woman (I think she must have been about 90) who smiled and chatted and kept everything stocked, and would prepare waffles. She was the high point of my visit. They gave her a couple of days off, and I have to say that the breakfast was not run nearly as well in her absence. My one criticism of this hotel, is a badly stocked breakfast on those days. However they are really nice people who work hard to run a nice hotel. It's not the newest or prettiest, but it's a great value, and I would go back there without hesitation.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salem
Baymont Inn & Suites Salem Roanoke Area
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#7 of 14 in Salem
4.0 of 5 stars 118 reviews

Been to Days Inn Salem? Share your experiences!