“Great value for the money” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #14 of 14 hotels in Salem
bucks county, pa
“Great value for the money”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2007

The facilities have seen better days but the rooms were clean. The staff was friendly. The free breakfast was quite nice the first two days we stayed. The second two days there appeared to be a large group that pretty basically wiped out the breakfast. The hotel did seem prepared for that many people. The air handler fan in both rooms was extraordinary loud on fan only which actually drowned out the noise of the large group that was there on our second stay. Overall the experience was positive and Salem was a very nice small town.

• Liked — The breakfast.
  • Disliked — shabby feel of the facilities.
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

59 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
New York, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2007

We stayed here on a roadtrip, after seeing it from the highway. Accomodations are fine, but there was a water main break in the morning so there was no running water (i.e. no toilet or shower.) I thought the management could have done more to either make alternate arrangements or offer to comp the room.

• Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
DC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2007

I should have know better than to think a $65 night hotel would be acceptable. Our first room was right next to the back door (which was broken so we did not feel very secure), and spurted disgusting brown water from both the facet and tub. Our second room also came with brown water, but had the added advantage of a bathtub full of dirty water. Needless to say, we did not stay here.

Stayed May 2007
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2007

I stayed at the Quality Inn, Salem in April 2007. I was visiting a friend at nearby Roanoke College. This hotel is in an excellent location, right off of I-81. The hotel looked a bit rundown when looking at the porches and balconies. My room was really nice and had a very comfortable king size bed. The only complaint I have is in the bathroom. It is very tight. The door hits against the toilet everytime it is opened. There is not much room to dry hair or to really walk around and get ready in the bathroom. I also had a problem with not getting hot water when I showered in the morning. But, when I showered later in the day, I had ample amounts of hot water. Overall, this was a nice hotel. I didn't spend much time in it, but it was a nice place to sleep. They also have wireless internet, which was a great added bonus to my room. I would stay here again,

• Liked — Wireless internet, location, only having two floors
  • Disliked — the small bathroom, some trouble at check in and check out
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Herndon, VA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2007

I was in the Roanoke/Salem area for a major volleyball tournament with my daughter. This hotel was very convenient to our different playing sites and just off I81. The room was large and clean. The bathroom door had to be closed in order to use the toilet. There was virtually no hot water when I took a shower. (I was on the 2nd floor.) I had to let the water run and run, to barely get warm. As I was rinsing my hair, the water turned ice cold again. I had to let it run again before it warmed up enough for me to finish. Didn't make it to the continental breakfast. The room heater generated nice warm air and wasn't as noisy as a lot of hotels I've stayed in, for which I was very grateful. TV offered lots of cable channels as choices including HBO. Great price at less than $60 before taxes! Despite the cold water, I'd stay here again.......maybe in warmer weather though! :-)

• Liked — Price and proximity to I81
  • Disliked — Lack of hot water
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Williamsburg, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2006

If you have allergies, STAY AWAY. The rooms are moldy and need a lot more cleaning. If you stay, I would advise picking up some DAMP RID. We used it in the room plus Lysol in order to endure the room. Our rate was $89 a night, I would not recommend paying that rate, maybe $59, then I wouldn't complain as much.

We had to stay a week due to a Softball Tournament where we had team reservations. We tried to get a room elsewhere, but all Hotels within a 20 mile radious were booked.
There was hair on the bathroom floors and the tub was moldy. We requested to have the bathroom cleaned again upon arrival. A housekeeper came in, swiped some bleach on the floor and left.
The AC was not working correctly so the room was ver humid. We requested to have it checked, but the maintance guy had called in sick....they never came to fix it. It's a good thing we spent most of our time elsewhere.
Smoking and Non-smoking rooms side by side.

Compliments: The staff always asked it there was anything they could do, but it seldom got done. The Wireless Internet access was working. There is an outside pool, but watch out for the gates. Didn't use the fitness room (2 treadmills). Washer was broken. The continental Breakfast area was pleasant. For a free breakfast, you get your money's worth. Sunday special sausage gravy and biscuits. Most other days donuts, french toast, cereal, juices, coffee and milk. There is a nice waffle maker where you can make your own waffle. The attendant made sure to refill all items and wipe down the counters.

Stayed July 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2006

The hotel has seen better days. Would-be travelers to the Quality Inn at Salem should know that if there is a problem, don't expect results... quick or otherwise. The manager lives in another state and only visits the hotel on Mondays. We have had a billing problem that has not been rectified for three months. We have made numerous phone calls all with the promise that he willl call just as soon as he gets the message, but to date, no phone calls. This is time consuming and very frustrating. It is not worth the hassle... avoid visiting and avoid the headache... there are nicer places to stay with greater customer service.

• Stayed March 2006

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!