“Sounds like a night club” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Baymont Inn & Suites Salem Roanoke Area

You added Baymont Inn & Suites Salem Roanoke Area to your Saves list
Baymont Inn & Suites Salem Roanoke Area
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   179 Sheraton Dr., Salem, VA 24153 (Formerly Knights Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Salem
Ohio
“Sounds like a night club”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed today NEW via mobile

We were in town for 1 night, checked into our room early and found clean comfortable rooms. When we came back to our room at almost 1:00am we could hear music coming from inside the hotel out in the parking lot. Informed by the front desk the was a party/reception going on and they SHOULD be done by 1:30am. I don't care how affordable the room was, this hotel is only 2 stories tall and the party is going on right outside my room. Never informed that this would be going on, I don't think I am unreasonable in wanting to go to sleep.
The party goers then take their party out back of the party room in the court yard. Complete disregard for everyone else in this hotel. The management was completely unwilling to make these people lower the music.

• Stayed December 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Columbus, OH
1 of 5 stars Reviewed today NEW via mobile

Make sure before you make a reservation for this hotel you find out in there will be a party going on in the Banquet room. It is 1:00 am in the morning right now and the walls are shaking from the bass coming from the music they are playing in the Banquet room due to a wedding party going on and the hotel staff is completely un oppologitic about the extreme noise. This is Insane, I have never stayed at a hotel before in my life that allowed this kind of noise at 1:00am in the morning, as I am writting this there is a large group standing outside out in the courtyard smoking and being very loud. Never again will I stay at such a place. I have a young child with me, if there was somewhere else to go I would but, there is a Championship football game going on in town and all the hotels are booked.

• Stayed December 2014
Brookfield, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

our room/stay was amazing, October 2014.. and extremely quiet
I am a very persnickety bed/pillow/ blanket person
it takes me hours to fall and stay asleep... NOT here!! I laid down.. the blanket was soft, kept me warm but not hot, light BUT heavy enough to feel like a down comforter!
I was cradled in a feather bed type experience( not mushy just very comforting)
my husband slept like a lamb... no leg cramps, neck ache, or back pain we were seriously thinking of staying 2 nights ... BUT he had to get get back to work.. the breakfast had a lot of gluten free options for me and hot waffles for him
Front desk people were sweet, and very caring

We have paid much more for rooms , this was actually very very reasonable .. will stay here next time thru the area

Room Tip: just let the desk know they will do everything they can to get your the room you want.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Enola, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My husband & I stopped at this Baymont enroute from FL. We had driven a long way and were tired. On our way to our room, we observed a group of muslim men on their knees in the hallway facing a wall in some sort of prayer. My first thought was that they should have been given a room for that purpose. Then I got to our room and it was so cold. We turned the heat on high and mentioned how cold it was to the desk person on the way out to dinner and was told they don't turn any heat into the rooms because they don't know which ones will rent. When we returned, the room still was not very warm so we did not change the heat but went to sleep. Awoke about midnight feeling roasted, turned the heat off since turning it down did not appear to help lower the heat. By 4:30 AM, we both decided to leave because by then the room was getting cold again. Did not stay for breakfast and did not use the internet.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Heather S, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Salem Roanoke Area, responded to this review, 4 days ago
I am very sorry your stay was anything less than perfect. I'm not sure what group of muslim men you may be referring to but we do not discriminate based on race or religion. We welcome all guests and hope you will be returning soon
Glen Allen, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We've stayed @ other Baymont Inns and this one isn't even close to being good. We had read that it was recently remodeled, yes the lobby has been remodeled, but then we walked into the hallway and an unusual smell hit us. The room appeared to be ok and looked like a 10 year old has freshly painted it and the bathroom. The bathroom was far from clean with hair in the corners and a look like it had been glanced over. I turned on the hot water in the shower and waited and waited..........15 minutes to be exact and still no hot water. Since we had plans, I had to shower, so a cold shower it was. I went to the desk after that and complained. Their response "oh, I'm sorry, we've got a new hot water system and sometimes during the day it takes forever to get hot water on that side of the hotel".......WHAT? do you think you could've told me that when I checked in? I just checked my credit card on line and found out that the charge for this room states: Knights Inn not Baymont Inn, well there you go, they've changed names but not quality. Thank goodness we were only there for 1 night and only in the room for a total of 7 hours, including sleeping time because we were so stuffed up when we left from the smell, inscents or something......... stay at the Holiday Inn Express or the LaQuinta Inn instead (both are right beside it)!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Salem Roanoke Area? Share your experiences!