“a spa like adventure” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Baymont Inn & Suites Salem Roanoke Area

You added Baymont Inn & Suites Salem Roanoke Area to your Saves list
Baymont Inn & Suites Salem Roanoke Area
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   179 Sheraton Dr., Salem, VA 24153 (Formerly Knights Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Salem
Brookfield, Illinois
“a spa like adventure”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

our room/stay was amazing, October 2014.. and extremely quiet
I am a very persnickety bed/pillow/ blanket person
it takes me hours to fall and stay asleep... NOT here!! I laid down.. the blanket was soft, kept me warm but not hot, light BUT heavy enough to feel like a down comforter!
I was cradled in a feather bed type experience( not mushy just very comforting)
my husband slept like a lamb... no leg cramps, neck ache, or back pain we were seriously thinking of staying 2 nights ... BUT he had to get get back to work.. the breakfast had a lot of gluten free options for me and hot waffles for him
Front desk people were sweet, and very caring

We have paid much more for rooms , this was actually very very reasonable .. will stay here next time thru the area

Room Tip: just let the desk know they will do everything they can to get your the room you want.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Enola, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My husband & I stopped at this Baymont enroute from FL. We had driven a long way and were tired. On our way to our room, we observed a group of muslim men on their knees in the hallway facing a wall in some sort of prayer. My first thought was that they should have been given a room for that purpose. Then I got to our room and it was so cold. We turned the heat on high and mentioned how cold it was to the desk person on the way out to dinner and was told they don't turn any heat into the rooms because they don't know which ones will rent. When we returned, the room still was not very warm so we did not change the heat but went to sleep. Awoke about midnight feeling roasted, turned the heat off since turning it down did not appear to help lower the heat. By 4:30 AM, we both decided to leave because by then the room was getting cold again. Did not stay for breakfast and did not use the internet.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Heather S, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Salem Roanoke Area, responded to this review, 4 days ago
I am very sorry your stay was anything less than perfect. I'm not sure what group of muslim men you may be referring to but we do not discriminate based on race or religion. We welcome all guests and hope you will be returning soon
Glen Allen, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We've stayed @ other Baymont Inns and this one isn't even close to being good. We had read that it was recently remodeled, yes the lobby has been remodeled, but then we walked into the hallway and an unusual smell hit us. The room appeared to be ok and looked like a 10 year old has freshly painted it and the bathroom. The bathroom was far from clean with hair in the corners and a look like it had been glanced over. I turned on the hot water in the shower and waited and waited..........15 minutes to be exact and still no hot water. Since we had plans, I had to shower, so a cold shower it was. I went to the desk after that and complained. Their response "oh, I'm sorry, we've got a new hot water system and sometimes during the day it takes forever to get hot water on that side of the hotel".......WHAT? do you think you could've told me that when I checked in? I just checked my credit card on line and found out that the charge for this room states: Knights Inn not Baymont Inn, well there you go, they've changed names but not quality. Thank goodness we were only there for 1 night and only in the room for a total of 7 hours, including sleeping time because we were so stuffed up when we left from the smell, inscents or something......... stay at the Holiday Inn Express or the LaQuinta Inn instead (both are right beside it)!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Charles Town, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I work with dogs and was travelling with one dog and my coworker. We are so glad we found this hotel. It's very rare that we find such a well-appointed immaculate, friendly hotel that accepts pets for such a good rate. The front desk staff were extremely friendly and fast and while the dog was made to feel very welcome - you would never know dogs were at the at the hotel. I will so keep my eyes peeled for Baymonts when I travel in the future.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Heather S, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Salem Roanoke Area, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
We know how important and dear our guest's pets can be to them so we encourage them to travel and that's why we don't charge fees for pets. We do have another floor that is completely pet free for those travelers with allergies but otherwise we keep our carpets free from pet hair and dander by shampooing regularly. Thanks for the great review. We hope to see you & your pet soon!

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Salem Roanoke Area? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Baymont Inn & Suites Salem Roanoke Area

Address: 179 Sheraton Dr., Salem, VA 24153 (Formerly Knights Inn)
Location: United States > Virginia > Salem
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Room Service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Salem
Hotel Class:2 star — Baymont Inn & Suites Salem Roanoke Area 2*
COMPLETELY RENOVATED inside & out 120 room Hotel. Located directly off I-81. Nearby Salem Civic Center and Moyer's Sports Complex. Many restaurants and shopping within 1 mile. Beautiful mountain views and hiking on the Appalachian Trail. Features amenities such as seasonal adult & kiddie pool, free deluxe continental breakfast with hot items, WIFI, business center, fitness center, laundry room, banquet & meeting facilities. All rooms accessible from interior corridors. Expansive outdoor areas with Gazebos. All newly decorated rooms have coffeemakers, hairdryers, digital safes, irons, ironing boards and new flat screen televisions. Fridges & microwaves available upon request ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Wyndham, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Baymont Inn & Suites Salem Roanoke Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Salem Quality Inn
Quality Inn Salem

If you own or manage Baymont Inn & Suites Salem Roanoke Area, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.