“Worst motel I ever stayed in.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Baymont Inn & Suites Salem Roanoke Area

Save Saved
You added Baymont Inn & Suites Salem Roanoke Area to your Saves list
Baymont Inn & Suites Salem Roanoke Area
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   179 Sheraton Dr., Salem, VA 24153 (Formerly Knights Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Salem

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Maryville, Tennessee, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We stayed for two nights for the Nascar races nearby at Martinsville Speedway. This was a good location, just right off the interstate, but nestled into the brightly peaked fall colors of the trees. Easily accessible and close to downtown Salem, Roanoke, and plenty of stores and restaurants. Check in was easy and staff was friendly. The free breakfast and dining area was very nice and actually had fresh, warm food such as eggs and biscuits instead of the usual cold cereal and muffins at most hotels of this price range. The room was beautiful, laid out well, and easily accessible. We had an interior entrance and an outside balcony with a sliding glass door. We were second floor, room #211, and there was no elevator. Not a problem for us, but could be for some. There was quite a bit of noise late at night from some younger, rowdy late nighters staying close by. I would not have felt secure on the bottom floor, as there is no porch or railing around the deck and sliding doors on the lower level and the cars are parked directly in front of them. The heat/air worked great, good shower, larger mini fridge, microwave and beautifully updated furnishings. Counter tops and end tables had granite tops and bedding was super soft and comfy! Internet was quite slow and even nonfunctional at times. Rooms were very clean and furnished well. Would stay again and recommend to others in this price range.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The newly renovated Baymont inn is the best hotel I have stayed at in Salem,VA in a long time. I had stayed at the hotel a year ago and was very unhappy. Since under new ownership the hotel has been beautifully remodeled. I was amazed at the high quality of the new rooms at a great price. The staff was extremely accommodating. I travel with my dog and was surprised there were no pet fees, plus the property provided a quiet, tranquil environment with plenty of space to accommodate my furry companion. The free hot breakfast was also very impressive. It was very clear the new owner as well as other staff at the hotel have gone above and beyond to make me feel at home while traveling. I will definitely be staying here again on future trips to the area.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Heather S, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Salem Roanoke Area, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for the wonderful review. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and we are looking forward to having you stay again.
Rome
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The staff was friendly. plenty of parking. I was put in a smoking room without even asked if I wanted one or not may have been because of a big party going on that the owner was throwing idk but pretty sure. Also they have cameras on everyone one of the parking areas except for the back lot and that's where I had my work truck parked and of course I had it broken into and around $500 worth of stuff stolen. When I ask one of the staff members if they had cameras there she said no and I told her what happen she just said that has to suck WoW

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Scranton, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The lobby of the hotel was pristeen. The sign said all rooms were recently
remodeled. We were sent around to the back door to enter. When we came in the hallway, the odor was terrible. The ceiling blocks are a mess. The room was filthy. The sliding doors and glass on the table and picture frames were filthy. There was a penny, dust, and bits of torn candy wrappers on the floor behind the night table from the previous guests. The bathroom counter had cigarette burns all over and hadn't been cleaned in who knows when. There were two hairs on the bed near the pillow that did not belong to us. We slept in our clothes, and at 5:30 am, got up and left. We could not take the odor in the room. We did not stay for their continental breakfast, as we would not have had food or even coffee in that building. When we left, we had to run the hallway to the exit because the odor was so bad that we nearly vomited. There was a little container of Glade air freshener on top of the fire extinguisher in the hallway, so it's not like they weren't aware of it. It was clearly deception to have the lobby appear so clean and well done and the sign suggest that it had all been renovated, then send your guests to such a bad room. For the first time ever, I did not leave a tip for housekeeping, since there was no housekeeping done in the room. At first, we were going to go and get our money back and not take the room. We had traveled all day from Miami, and it was lashing rain. We were exhausted, so we thought we would try to manage it rather then try to find a room in the pouring rain. This is the first really bad review I have ever given to anyone, but it is accurate.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

I'm sorry you had problems in your room. Please call management to discuss further as we are unaware of this complaint and can't find any complaint like this logged. I will need more information but ready to help

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Salem Roanoke Area? Share your experiences!