“Nasty!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Knights Inn Salem Roanoke Area

Save Saved
You added Knights Inn Salem Roanoke Area to your Saves list
Knights Inn Salem Roanoke Area
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   179 Sheraton Dr., Salem, VA 24153 (Formerly Quality Inn)   |
Ranked #14 of 14 hotels in Salem
Salem, Virginia
“Nasty!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

Avon arrival, there were 30 dead stink bugs at the very LEAST! Absolutely disgusting place to stay. I wouldn't suggest it whatsoever. "Workers" didn't know what they were doing. Floors hadn't been vacuumed in months it looks like. Our bed didn't have sheets, etc. The place is a dump. Time to tear it down!

• Stayed February 2014

60 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Tyler Hill, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

If we weren't exhausted, just walked a ridiculous distance to get to our room from the parking lot and just needed a place to sleep we would have demanded our money back and fled this place in complete disgust. Due to renovations, we were put into a smoking room. A fact we didn't know until we got to the room. There was sticky urine all over the seat of the toilet. Spilled coffee had splashed all over the wall by the sink and had just been left to dry. The carpet was filthy. The small sofa was full of stains. The sheets were clean and unused, but that was the only clean part of the room. I held our two year old over the drain in the tub to pee, because the toilet was so disgusting I didn't even want him standing on the bathroom floor near it. Our son also freaked out when we got there and kept pointing to the joined room door and saying "bad man hurt himself!" He has never reacted in this way before and made us wonder if our room had been the location of a suicide. We felt pretty unsafe the whole night. my husband pushed the sofa against the sliding door and placed the clothes iron on the nightstand in the event someone broke into our room during the night. This is definitely a rent-by-the-hour kind of place. Ugh. Terrible, terrible place to stay.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Danville, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

If attention to detail is part of the definition of quality, this motel should change its name. Ice machine out of order, no stopper in bathtub, kleenex dispenser removed, housekeeping so poor as to replace soap and shampoo but forget coffee an tea refills, continental breakfast not fit for human consumption, staff acting like not ignoring you is a favor. Fortunately, the salem area has other places to stay This motel is in decline!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Savannah, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

This was probably one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed at. I was first given a non-smoking room, which was not what I reserved, so had to go back to the desk which was a long walk due to really strange configuration in my opinion. Then when I got to the second room, there was no remote for the TV. Called the front desk, and was told I would, I needed to come back to lobby, and get a remote, another long walk. The remote I was given was a universal one, so I had to spend 10 or 15 minutes, getting it to work the TV in my room. A hotel guest should not have to do this, and I'm sure a lot of people wouldn't know how to do. On the night stand was a clock radio from the 70's, that wasn't even plugged in, because there was no outlet to plug it into. The bathroom toilet wasn't clean at all, and to me that's a big issue. The breakfast bar had limited items to choose from, waffle maker didn't work, and overall wasn't the least bit appealing.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel. If your traveling north on I 81, stop at the Sleep Inn & Suites in Dubl...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Fort Mill, South Carolina, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Oh, what I could do to improve this motel! Lots of money and time might be a good start. Tearing it down and starting over by someone who cares about accommodations is my suggestion. It is absolutely filthy and uncared for. Breakfast is a joke. Natasha , clerk on duty, rescued it by searching for forks and spoons. Wallpaper was peeling off room walls. A "worker" was attempting to piece wooden walls together and looked unfamiliar with tools. Location was lacking. Is in the middle of nowhere which made availability to food difficult. A delapidated mess is my only description.

Room Tip: Check it out before committing.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Vero Beach, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

We had to change rooms because the first room was dirty and dingy and in the very back of the motel among the smoking rooms. The second room was only slightly better, but at least we felt a little safer. The tv reception was terrible, the breakfast was very limited. We travel north to south and back every year, and this was the worst experience we have had in a hotel. We will not stay there again.

Room Tip: There are other hotels in the area, go to them.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
LEWES
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

This hotel was half-way between our departure and destination on a road trip. Booked online after reading several reviews. Hotel is easily accessed off of I81, the staff is very helpful, and rooms are clean and comfortable. There were not many residents and there were no noise issues.
Hotel is dated and needs some upgrading (wallpaper needs work, show curtain installation is sub-par, and there are not enough electrical outlets). A detraction for me was the lack of shower water pressure and the fact that the hot/cold balance was never consistent. The clerk told us, on arrival, that the breakfast would offer eggs, waffles, either sausage or bacon. When we arrived for breakfast, there were waffles, bread, and some cereals offered, as well as some gravy thing. There were no eggs, sausage, nor bacon. Also, there was no fresh fruit. The coffee was very good. So, we had to breakfast somewhere else.
Would I stay there again, probably not since there are other hotels within a half-mile from this one.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Knights Inn Salem Roanoke Area? Share your experiences!