“Great guide” 4 of 5 stars

Type: Caverns/ Caves
Activities: Group tours/walking tour
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Guided tours through these caverns that highlight a large number of still-growing stalagmites and stalactites.
Buffalo Junction
“Great guide”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

My husband and I celebrated our 50th anniversary in the Salem area. While there we went to Dixie Caverns. We found it an easy walk through, even for us older generation. Our guide was Preston. He made the tour really special. It was obvious from the very beginning that he loves the caverns and really enjoys showing the special spots to people. I would recommend this tour!

Visited October 2013

Colonia, New Jersey
4 attraction reviews
“Dixie Caverns”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Fun and interesting place to see. We did have to walk up 342 steps, but we all made it! The temperature is a constant 57 degrees, but you are never really cold!

Visited September 2013
Maryland
17 attraction reviews
“O.K.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

The caverns were interesting and well worth the 12.00 admission charge. Our guide did pay very close attention to safety but wasn't very knowlegable regarding the caverns otherwise and was not able to answer most questions. Still if you enjoy going into mountain caverns this is a nice way to kill about 45 minutes.

Visited August 2013
Suffolk, Virginia
3 attraction reviews
“surprisingly interesting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Weren't sure what to expect--but definitely enjoyed our trip through the caverns--our tour guide
Preston was informative and personable. We would recommend
this tour to families with children for sure!

Visited July 2013
Richmond, Virginia, United States
8 attraction reviews
“Interesting stop”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

I've been to my fair share of caverns and while this is not the biggest or even the most impressive, it made for a nice stop to break up my long trek down I-81. I took my 2 and 3 year old boys and had to carry the 2 yo over the 300+ stairs. They enjoyed the sights even though they couldn't really understand the rehearsed, but moderately funny tour guide. And they expelled some much needed energy. There are better caverns in the area, but I chose this one because I was just looking for a break from the road trip not an afternoon of activity, so it totally fit the bill.

Visited July 2013