“gross hotel” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Knights Inn - Ruther Glen

You added Knights Inn - Ruther Glen to your Saves list
Knights Inn - Ruther Glen
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   23786 Rogers Clark Boulevard, Ruther Glen, VA 22546 (Formerly Howard Johnson Express Ruther Glen)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Ruther Glen
MegantheGem
“gross hotel”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

After a long day of driving in traffic, we decided to stay over in the nearest town and checked into this hotel. We were prepared to deal with the torn curtains, the threadbare linens, the hair in the tub and even the dead roach. When we returned from dinner, however, we found a live roach in the bathroom and while searching for the ice machine, I saw dead and live roaches lining the path to the office. For the first time in 60 years, we checked out, kept driving and ended up with a beautiful room at a hotel near Richmond.

This hotel was not habitable and I strongly urge travelers to keep driving.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Winchester, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

I booked two rooms in advanced before coming to stay here. My friends decided they were going to drive back home after a day at Kings Dominion. I called to cancel one of the rooms but I could tell the guy on the phone didn't want to get off his lazy behind to look up the reservation number. After asking me several questions, I got this big sigh and heard him get off the noisy swivel chair and go to the computer. So instead of canceling one room I canceled both rooms and decided it wasn't worth staying there after all. I booked a room elsewhere.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I reserved this because it seemed close to a nearby job. It wasn't really. I was there 4 days. It is an outdoor motel. The area is filled with truck stops and transients. The hotel staff was great, but it is still cheaper than I'm used to. Sure the decor is dated, but you have to expect this for the price. I've seen much worse. The fridge and microwave worked great. You cannot easily walk across the highway to any restaurants or stores. You'll need to drive up and down the highway for a u-turn, or take a back road around the area to just get across the street. You can only enter or exit the hotel parking lot from one direction. It was quiet enough for me. For the type of motel, I still consider it above average.

Room Tip: I was on the top floor, near the office. Closer to the ice machine.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

We read the reviews and decided to give this place a try. We reserved the room through Trip Advisor and arrived late. Check in was fast. Owner was very friendly. Easy and free access to wiFi. For the cost, it was clean and we got a good night's sleep. We would stay here again!

• Stayed July 2013
HOWARDJOHNSON05382, General Manager at Knights Inn - Ruther Glen, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Thank You for staying with us and also for taking time to share your experience at this location we are glad that you had enjoyable stay and thank you again for your business and looking forward to see you next time.

Been to Knights Inn - Ruther Glen? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Knights Inn - Ruther Glen

Address: 23786 Rogers Clark Boulevard, Ruther Glen, VA 22546 (Formerly Howard Johnson Express Ruther Glen)
Location: United States > Virginia > Ruther Glen
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Ruther Glen
Hotel Class:1.5 star — Knights Inn - Ruther Glen 1.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Knights Inn - Ruther Glen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Howard Johnson Ruther Glen

If you own or manage Knights Inn - Ruther Glen, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.