“decent hotel for a low price” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Knights Inn - Ruther Glen

You added Knights Inn - Ruther Glen to your Saves list
Knights Inn - Ruther Glen
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   23786 Rogers Clark Boulevard, Ruther Glen, VA 22546 (Formerly Howard Johnson Express Ruther Glen)   |
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Ruther Glen
Ruther Glen, Virginia
“decent hotel for a low price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

The staff is very nice and helpful and they do a good job with cleaning.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2011

Room was disgusting. Shower, mirrors, bathroom were all dirty. Carpet stained, hair on tells... too many problems to list. The worst of all was that the jacuzzi tub had rusty water coming out of the faucet. Will never stay here or at another Howard Johnson Hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Carbondale, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011 via mobile

Absolutely disgusting! Rooms are filthy and we didn't even use the showers because there was stains everywhere and pubic hair on the floor. The stairways were foul smelling, like an animal died. The food in the morning, the packaged food that is, had expired dates on it. My husband was bit all night by god only knows what. Horrible experience! Do not enter, do not pass go, do not collect $200. 00

• Stayed August 2011
Woodbridge, VA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2011

I needed a room for one night in the Ruther Glen, VA area. I selected the Howard Johnson Express Hotel based on my research over the internet. The hotel looked decent and the reviews were not that bad. When I got into the room, it was dark and filthy!!! When I pulled back the bedspread on the bed, it was a HUGE blood stain on it. On the wall in the bathroom by the trash can was filth -- something that should have been taken care of during the daily cleaning of the room. I was so disgusted with the room that I checked out after only a few hours. At the front desk, I was offered another room or a discount of $10 for my next stay!!! Sorry but no thank you!!! Rather I stay at a 2 star or a 4 star hotel, I expect a certain level of cleanliness. The Howard Johnson Express Hotel's standard of cleanliness is clearly lacking in my opinion. I will never stay here again nor will I recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
West Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2011

I chose this hotel as a cheap lodging option for Kings Dominion neglecting some of the bad reviews anyway. I will say that it is not as bad as some of the reviews I've read, but all that great either. After my friends and I checked in, we went up the room and the toilet broke. It wasn't something that I could fix, so I went to the desk and we were moved to another room. This room had definitely been smoked in (even though it was marked non-smoking). We found an ashtray on the table and I even stepped on a cigarette butt on the floor! The television remote and alarm clock in the room didn't even work, but at least the toilet did. The continental breakfast wasn't all that exciting either. I will say that this hotel was definitely quiet! Overall, it really wasn't that bad of a hotel, but I probably wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2009

We dubbed the hotel the "Roach Motel." The hotel is disgusting. It does not appear that any updates have been done to the hotel in over 10 years. The parking lot looked like a junkyard with old, rundown cars in various stages of repair. The rooms were not clean. We did not take our shoes off and slept on top of the comforter. I refused to use the coffee maker and refrigerator. I had to communicate with staff through a window (no lobby)...and this was after ringing a doorbell and waiting...not knowing if someone would arrive to provide assistance. Will NEVER give up quality just to save a few dollars again. Had we not arrived at 2 a.m., I would have gone someplace else.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Philadelphia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2009

My experience at Howard Johnson was not good. First of all, I booked the reservation online and from the picture thought it seem pretty nice. Wow, when I enter the room first off to check it out; the room, the room was nasty, smelling of stale smoke and there were men just a few feet away washing socks on the balcony. I also experience the person at the front desk to be very rude when explaining to us why they took out the money to our account without us even staying there. Please beware; if you book online they will charge you. The gentlemen was nice but the lady at the desk was a total [--]. BEWARE!!!!!!!! BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family

Been to Knights Inn - Ruther Glen? Share your experiences!