“avoid at all costs” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Ruther Glen/King's Dominion

You added Super 8 Ruther Glen/King's Dominion to your Saves list
Super 8 Ruther Glen/King's Dominion
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   24011 Ruther Glen Rd, Ruther Glen, VA 22546 (Formerly Holiday Inn Express Richmond - Kings Dominion)   |
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Ruther Glen
Frederick, Maryland
“avoid at all costs”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

After this experience we will never stay in any Wyndham properties ever again.
Don't they ever send reps. to police these properties?
The first thing that greeted us upon arrival to our room was a large trash can with partially eaten food topped with an old pillow.
This remained outside our door our whole stay.
The second thing we notice upon entering the room was the stains and burn holes in the bed spread.(this was a "no smoking" room).
Under the bed spread was a blanket with matching stains and burn holes.
Under the blanket was a small sheet, not a fitted sheet, that didn't quite fit the bed.
Although we arrived an hour after check-in time there were no towels in the room.
The first thing we wanted after a long drive was a shower before dinner.
We waited an hour after contacting the desk and finally I visited the office to advise them we were leaving if we couldn't get towels.
The person behind the desk spoke very little English and just stood there smiling.
The maid happened to be in the room and told me I was impatient.
After an unpleasant discussion, I was able to procure some towels.
After a shower, the television was turned on and the snow was so bad that none of the channels were watchable.
WiFi is advertized but we were unable to connect to it.
The bathroom door squeaked as if the hinges hadn't been oiled since the place was built.
Morning couldn't come soon enough.
Upon exiting our room we noticed what appeared to be feces smeared on the mattress that had been exposed by the ill fitted sheet.
This was the direst, most disgusting hotel we've ever stayed in.
Before staying in this dump, consider camping out in the woods nearby .

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

I stayed at this hotel two nights for the Labor day weekend. Boy did I make a mistake. I should have read the reviews first. When I finally arrived after seven hours of night driving the clerk gave me attitude while checking in. The room stunk, the bed was very small and uncomfortable, the carpet was filthy and the decor was from the 80s. The wall are very thin. I hear the guest in the next room having relations. There was a wasp flying near the bathroom and the sink Sunday morning so I wanted a different room because I didn't want me or my family to get stung. The manager didn't want to give me a different room until 11am I made it very clear I wasn't going to wait. The second room was in the same shape. Washclothes and towels were dingy and had hair on them. The ice machine was moldy! Do not stay at this hotel!

Room Tip: Stay at a different hotel. I wish I had paid a few more bucks at elsewhere. The only good thing abou...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Binghamton, New York, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

Worst hotel I have ever stayed at. First of all the clerk wrote all of my boyfriends credit information on a sticky note. Then when we got to the room we found that there was a gap over an inch high from the bottom of door to the actually floor. we has to stick a towel along the gap to keep the cool air in the room and any bugs out of the room. Also the bathroom light didn't work, you had to flick the switch over and over again to have the light maybe turn on. We ended up sleeping on top of the blankets due to fear of the sheets underneath. I will never stay at any Super 8 every again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
nc
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2011

the room was nasty .the walls were dirty one of the beds sanked really bad in the middle we found coach roaches in the room and it stunk. the only good thing was the front desk lady was very polite

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2011

This was the absolute worse experience I ever had while traveling. While driving from Florida to New Jersey, I had to take the very next hotel I saw and I wish I had not stopped here.
After receiving my room key, they actually crossed out previous room numbers on the card holder...that should have been a sign of things to come. TAs I enter my room #217, the room was damp, very strong odor, the toilet did not flush. I told the manager (Perry) and he gave me instructions on how to fix it. I went back to the room only to discover that the toilet seat, ceiling, baseboards and walls had enough mold on it to cause an evacuation. The CDC should tear this place down. THE WORST EVER.

Room Tip: Do not stay here
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Baltimore, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

I booked this hotel for it's location. It was a good choice and King's Dominion amusement park was just a short-drive away. I believe about 7 miles. The room was clean and bed comfortable. The hotel staff is friendly and helpful. There was a pool but we didn't use it for this trip. This fit our weekend getaway perfect. Good prices as well.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Perry B, Manager at Super 8 Ruther Glen/King's Dominion, responded to this review, March 22, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to complete the review! We are working to improve the guest experience.
Hope to see you again on your next trip
Virginia Beach, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2011

When my wife, a friend, and I got to the Super 8 room, it was wet. The mirror was fogged up. The floor of the bathroom was slimy....

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Super 8 Ruther Glen/King's Dominion? Share your experiences!