My wife and i stayed here 2 nights on a short vacation trip. The main objective was to visit the D-Day Memorial in Bedford, and to visit the area around Smith Mountain Lake. WE also asked the staff for other ideas to see or visit in the area, but got no help. WE found several restaurants on our own that were good including Hubs for great sandwiches,Hemas had good Italian & pizza,and Fisherman's Galley had good and plentiful seafood. Also, in Bedford, The Ivy Bridge Cafe in downtown had wonderful sandwiches,but the cookies for desert looked better than they were--skip them.The D-day Memorial is worth a trip to see and is about a 45 minute drive through beautiful rolling farm country with a splash of Smith Mtn Lake thrown in. The hotel is clean as is the the indoor pool and jacuzzi. We stayed in a King suite which had plenty of room, and the bed was especially comfortable. Could not get the wireless internet to work, but it was fine when hooked-up with a cable. Strangely, there was 1 small pad on the desk, but no pens in the room. Breakfast was hot eggs, bacon/sausage, biscuits, cereal, etc., and of course the wonderful cinnamon rolls. Breakfast room was clean,and the bar fully stiocked as items ran low. No USA Today, but the Roanoke,Va paper was available at the desk(most other HIE deliver them overnight to the guests rooms.) Also, I usually get a preview bill slipped under my door the last night, but none this time. Also, no cookies in the evening---has HIE stopped offering them?? Also, if possible try to get a room on the back of the facility, as there can be some traffic noise from the highway in front. We always carry a "white noise" machine, which helped muffle large trucks pulling up the grade in front of the hotel. Overall, not bad, but needs work to join the best HIE properties we have enjoyed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come enjoy the beautiful new Rocky Mount Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites located right off US 220 and Route 40. A 20 minute scenic drive will take you to the beautiful Smith Mountain Lake. We are located minutes from MW Windows, Carilion Franklin Memorial Hospital, and other area businesses. A short 30 minute drive down 220S will lead you to Martinsville and for the race fans the Martinsville Speedway. A 20 minute drive on 220N will lead you to Roanoke Virginia. Ferrum College is about 10 minutes away making us a perfect place to stay for a parents weekend or a visit to the college. Offering both standard rooms with a king or 2 queen beds and suites we are sure to have a room to please every traveler All rooms have hairdryers, iron/board, coffee makers, speakerphones w/voice mail and free high speed Internet access. Relax and unwind in our indoor pool, whirlpool or exercise room featuring Nautilus equipment. We take pride in our guest service and quality. When staying in Rocky Mount Virginia, stay at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites. We look forward to seeing you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rocky Mount/Smith Mtn Lake reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Rocky Mount/Smith Mtn Lake
- Holiday Inn Rocky Mount
- Rocky Mount Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rocky Mount/Smith Mtn Lake Virginia