“Staff needs to be more informed and helpful” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rocky Mount/Smith Mtn Lake

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rocky Mount/Smith Mtn Lake to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rocky Mount/Smith Mtn Lake
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   395 Old Franklin Tpke, Rocky Mount, VA 24151   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #1 of 3 hotels in Rocky Mount
Macon, North Carolina
“Staff needs to be more informed and helpful”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2009

My wife and i stayed here 2 nights on a short vacation trip. The main objective was to visit the D-Day Memorial in Bedford, and to visit the area around Smith Mountain Lake. WE also asked the staff for other ideas to see or visit in the area, but got no help. WE found several restaurants on our own that were good including Hubs for great sandwiches,Hemas had good Italian & pizza,and Fisherman's Galley had good and plentiful seafood. Also, in Bedford, The Ivy Bridge Cafe in downtown had wonderful sandwiches,but the cookies for desert looked better than they were--skip them.The D-day Memorial is worth a trip to see and is about a 45 minute drive through beautiful rolling farm country with a splash of Smith Mtn Lake thrown in. The hotel is clean as is the the indoor pool and jacuzzi. We stayed in a King suite which had plenty of room, and the bed was especially comfortable. Could not get the wireless internet to work, but it was fine when hooked-up with a cable. Strangely, there was 1 small pad on the desk, but no pens in the room. Breakfast was hot eggs, bacon/sausage, biscuits, cereal, etc., and of course the wonderful cinnamon rolls. Breakfast room was clean,and the bar fully stiocked as items ran low. No USA Today, but the Roanoke,Va paper was available at the desk(most other HIE deliver them overnight to the guests rooms.) Also, I usually get a preview bill slipped under my door the last night, but none this time. Also, no cookies in the evening---has HIE stopped offering them?? Also, if possible try to get a room on the back of the facility, as there can be some traffic noise from the highway in front. We always carry a "white noise" machine, which helped muffle large trucks pulling up the grade in front of the hotel. Overall, not bad, but needs work to join the best HIE properties we have enjoyed.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple

49 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2009

Stayed one night over Mothers Day weekend in King, Non-smoking room (221) on backend of hotel away from main road. Hotel is in new condition and appears to be kept that way with excellent manager and crew. Check-in was quick with all documents and electronic keys prepared in advance of my arrival. Plenty of free parking. Lobby and breakfast area exceptionally clean. Room was large, with a large marble tiled bathroom, exceptionally clean and well maintained. Bed was medium firm (just right for me), with soft very plush sheets and bedding. Nice lazy-boy type chair as well as good sized work desk and office chair with wired and wireless (included in price) internet. I was very impressed with the soundproofing and quietness inside the room as their were several families with small children staying in rooms next to mine. Even though kids could be heard in rooms if I stood in the hallways, once I went into my room I could not hear them (thank you, thank you!), even with the wall air conditioner off. The high quality wall A/C unit was digitally controlled, cycled quietly, and didn't interfere with sleep. Additionally, the hot breakfast included bacon, eggs, biscuits with gravy, and the normal continental fare...a cut above. I was looking for a reasonably priced, quiet, clean, comfortable hotel for a night and that is exactly what I got. I will go back.

Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
Seaford, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2008

I go to Rocky Mount, VA almost every year to visit an old friend and her family. We stayed at this new Holiday Inn Express for the first time this year and we will definitely be returning for future visits. Great service, super clean, and good breakfast. Only problem was we couldn't get into the side door with our key to unload and load our luggage, hopefully that will be corrected by our next trip.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Greensboro, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2007

On a recent drive up the Blue Ridge Parkway, we got off in Rocky Mount,VA, looking for gas, food, and lodging. We found all three, but the lodging was the best, desk personnel was very friendly, advising us of all that was available at the hotel, and the accommodations were great, with indoor pool and spa as well as work out room. My only complaint was I would like to see more hot food at the breakfast bar,i.e. grits and or gravy, etc. But that was not enough to keep us from deciding to stay there again next time we go for a mountain drive. Another point, the chain has already contacted me via e-mail for a short interactive survey on our stay there. Makes you feel that maybe they really do care about what their customers think.

• Stayed November 2007, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Montgomeryville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2007

I Had the priveledge of staying at the holiday inn express executive suites in Rocky Mount Va. We had a really good time.
Let me begin with the Location which is wonderful! Walmart,shopping,Gas stations and restaurants right across the street. We stayed on the 3rd floor with a mountain view which was really nice. The rooms are clean and spacious..the king size beds were sooooo comfortable!!! They have a nice clean indoor pool with a hot tub and also a fitness room. The staff was great..very friendly and professional. Complimentary continental breakfast with fresh juices,fruit and pastries. I Loved the bathrooms..the shower heads were very refreshing and relaxing.
I will be staying here for now on when I go to Rocky Mount to visit with family..but I will book my room straight from the hotel not from priceline.. I did not like their service at all.

• Liked — the beds
  • Disliked — Priceline
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rocky Mount/Smith Mtn Lake? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rocky Mount/Smith Mtn Lake

Address: 395 Old Franklin Tpke, Rocky Mount, VA 24151
Location: United States > Virginia > Rocky Mount
Ranked #1 of 3 hotels in Rocky Mount
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rocky Mount/Smith Mtn Lake 2.5*
Come enjoy the beautiful new Rocky Mount Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites located right off US 220 and Route 40. A 20 minute scenic drive will take you to the beautiful Smith Mountain Lake. We are located minutes from MW Windows, Carilion Franklin Memorial Hospital, and other area businesses. A short 30 minute drive down 220S will lead you to Martinsville and for the race fans the Martinsville Speedway. A 20 minute drive on 220N will lead you to Roanoke Virginia. Ferrum College is about 10 minutes away making us a perfect place to stay for a parents weekend or a visit to the college. Offering both standard rooms with a king or 2 queen beds and suites we are sure to have a room to please every traveler All rooms have hairdryers, iron/board, coffee makers, speakerphones w/voice mail and free high speed Internet access. Relax and unwind in our indoor pool, whirlpool or exercise room featuring Nautilus equipment. We take pride in our guest service and quality. When staying in Rocky Mount Virginia, stay at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites. We look forward to seeing you. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rocky Mount/Smith Mtn Lake reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Rocky Mount/Smith Mtn Lake
Holiday Inn Rocky Mount
Rocky Mount Holiday Inn
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rocky Mount/Smith Mtn Lake Virginia

If you own or manage Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rocky Mount/Smith Mtn Lake, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.