“low end of Holiday Inn experiences” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rocky Mount/Smith Mtn Lake

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rocky Mount/Smith Mtn Lake to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rocky Mount/Smith Mtn Lake
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   395 Old Franklin Tpke, Rocky Mount, VA 24151   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #1 of 3 hotels in Rocky Mount
Apopka, Florida
“low end of Holiday Inn experiences”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I read some of the recent reviews of this property which are largely positive, and decided to ignore the overall lower rating for this Holiday Inn Express. My mistake! We found a dirty washcloth in the shower, a crayon and other debris under the coffee table, a shower curtain rod ready to fall off....and...when the A/C rattle became too annoying, I found mold/mildew growing on the vents and a filter that was clogged with dust. There was food debris in the elevator door tracks that has probably been there for months. I could describe the poor breakfast, but that would be piling on (the fat, salt, and calories, that is). But HIE breakfasts are a low point across the chain, in my opinion, and this was consistent, at least, with those standards. We did, however, think the bed was comfortable. I have a Priority Club credit card, and I usually look forward to staying with Holiday Inn, but management is not inspecting the cleanliness of this property.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Kathleen H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rocky Mount/Smith Mtn Lake, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry about the cleanliness and maintenance of your guest room. I understand the discomfort this caused you. Again, I do apologize and regret that this impacted your experience at our hotel. We will address these points. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to ensure complete guest satisfaction. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

49 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

We stayed here last weekend. The facility was clean, service good, breakfast was good, staff was pleasant and helpful, and the area was nice. Our check of Trip Advisor reviews prior to this visit had shown some concerns but we found none. We would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Nice size room with queen beds. Large bath with great shower.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
I don’t know what to say but thank you for the wonderful words about our hotel. We take great pride in our hotel and staff and are strive to make everyone’s stay a pleasant one and I can see we met all those goals with you.

Thank you for keeping an open opinion from what other guest commented about our hotel on Trip Advisor both negative and positive. I am glad you made the decision to try us and I can see you were happy with your stay. Hope to you see you soon.
Horseheads, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

My wife and I stopped here over night on a motorcycle trip. This is a very nice Holiday Inn Express, which like many of the brand has been recently updated.
We got caught in several down pours and were still quite wet when we pulled in. The receptionist invited us to keep the bike under the front entry out of the rain where they could keep an eye on it. This is always much appreciated.
My wife spent part of the evening drying out out wet riding gear using the guest laundry, which is conveniently located near the breakfast area.
Its inconvenient to walk anywhere from this property. We did cross the busy street (no cross walks) to get to Applebees for dinner though.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Kathleen H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rocky Mount/Smith Mtn Lake, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Thank you for the great comments you posted regarding our Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Rocky Mount, Virginia. As an experienced traveler, you understand how important a clean, comfortable room and friendly staff are. We take great pride in our hotel and are happy to hear that your stay was pleasant and that we met your expectations.

I am glad we had a place to store your bike during the heavy rains. Regarding our location, we are on the opposite side of the road but there is a stop light that was just put in for the safety of our guests. It is a short walk over to the mall area that features shopping, fast food and an Applebee’s.

Thanks again for the positive comments and if you are traveling through our area again in the future I hope you will choose our hotel for your stay.
Winder
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

The front desk folks were courteous and helpful. There was zero musty odor when I walked into my room. The room was spotless, the bed was comfortable, and A/C worked perfectly, the bathroom was spacious and the shower was lovely. The breakfast--while it didn't have endless selections--was more than adequate, certainly everything I could have wanted. Their coffee was especially good. I liked the fact that the room doors open to an interior hallway instead outside. There was plenty of parking even though the hotel was full. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Kathleen H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rocky Mount/Smith Mtn Lake, responded to this review, June 20, 2013

Thank you for recommending our hotel to others that are visiting the Rocky Mount area. I hope to see you again if you are in the area.
Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Comfortable and very clean. The furnishings are plain, but spotless. A great value for the money. The staff was friendly and helpful when asking for directions. The only negative was the morning supervisor seemed disorganized and flustered.

• Stayed May 2013
Kathleen H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rocky Mount/Smith Mtn Lake, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Thank you for the taking the time to let us know about your most current experience at our Holiday Inn Express & Suites located in Rocky Mount, Virginia. Our goal is to meet your needs from a clean comfortable room to friendly staff. I can see we came up a little short of a friendly staff during your check out. We will address this issue at our next meeting.

I would like to thank you for your most recent stay and I do hope you will consider using our Holiday Inn Express in Rocky Mount, Virginia if your lodging needs takes you this direction in the future.
Chesapeake, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express May 3rd, 2013. This was our first stay at a Holiday Inn. We were down to see my brother graduate from Ferrum College, about 15 minutes away from this hotel. We had no peoblems with parking and it was free. The hotel staff was happy, pleasant, and helpful our whole trip. Our room was clean and our bed was super comfy. The hotel in general was quiet and peaceful. There are plenty of shops and a few food places to eat within walking distance, or a short drive. All in all we had a great stay, If I was ever going through that way again I would most def. be stopping here again. Thank You for the awesome stay!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Kathleen H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rocky Mount/Smith Mtn Lake, responded to this review, May 9, 2013

Harrisonburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Stayed here a couple of times while at Smith Mountain Lake. Very easy to get to and close to 220 and great prices (king bed non smoking $100). Rooms have always been clean and beds comfortable. Close to a few places to eat, has an indoor pool that was nice. Breakfast in the morning has many choices. Will be staying again this summer!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the great comments you posted regarding our Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Rocky Mount/Smith Mountain Lake, Virginia. As an experienced traveler, you understand how important a clean, comfortable room and friendly staff are. We take great pride in our hotel and are happy to hear that your stay was pleasant and that we met your expectations.

I hope you enjoyed you enjoyed your time at Smith Mountain Lake and we will see you this summer

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rocky Mount/Smith Mtn Lake? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rocky Mount/Smith Mtn Lake

Address: 395 Old Franklin Tpke, Rocky Mount, VA 24151
Location: United States > Virginia > Rocky Mount
Ranked #1 of 3 hotels in Rocky Mount
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rocky Mount/Smith Mtn Lake 2.5*
Come enjoy the beautiful new Rocky Mount Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites located right off US 220 and Route 40. A 20 minute scenic drive will take you to the beautiful Smith Mountain Lake. We are located minutes from MW Windows, Carilion Franklin Memorial Hospital, and other area businesses. A short 30 minute drive down 220S will lead you to Martinsville and for the race fans the Martinsville Speedway. A 20 minute drive on 220N will lead you to Roanoke Virginia. Ferrum College is about 10 minutes away making us a perfect place to stay for a parents weekend or a visit to the college. Offering both standard rooms with a king or 2 queen beds and suites we are sure to have a room to please every traveler All rooms have hairdryers, iron/board, coffee makers, speakerphones w/voice mail and free high speed Internet access. Relax and unwind in our indoor pool, whirlpool or exercise room featuring Nautilus equipment. We take pride in our guest service and quality. When staying in Rocky Mount Virginia, stay at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites. We look forward to seeing you. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Tingo, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rocky Mount/Smith Mtn Lake reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Rocky Mount/Smith Mtn Lake
Holiday Inn Rocky Mount
Rocky Mount Holiday Inn
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rocky Mount/Smith Mtn Lake Virginia

If you own or manage Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rocky Mount/Smith Mtn Lake, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.