“Such a wonderful meal!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
New Port Richey
“Such a wonderful meal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

This is so casual yet both my husband and I found the meal as good as in a fine dining restaurant. My husband had the catfish entree and loved it. (He is from New Orleans and often difficult to please when dining out). I was very happy with the beef medallions. Bakery items looked great but just had no room left! We were just traveling through and will make a note to repeat our restaurant choice when in the area again!

Hockessin, Delaware
“like to try local restaurants”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I chose this restaurant because it was the #1 choice in Roanoke on Trip Advisor. My husband and I enjoyed our dinner - he had BBQ shrimp and grits (only little thing is that he asked if there were onions in it and the waitress said no - and it came out with green onions all on the top of it) He spent the first 3 minutes picking them all off. I ordered the Rockin Reuben with corned beef with sweet potato fries. We also shared a chocolate mousse cake that was pretty good - BUT the extra peanut butter chip brownie we ordered and ate the next day on our way home was OUTSTANDING. Don't miss getting one of their brownies! They also gave us a pin to "pinpoint" where we were from on their USA map in the back - kind of fun to see who all has visited them. Don't forget to ask for that. Waitstaff was great and I think the owner checked on us several times as well. Nice local restaurant.

Dallas
“Great spot for lunch, and probably dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Very friendly, homey place with excellent food! I was able to have a great lunch salad, made "my way.' He had an excellent, big, crabcake. Good service.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“It sure deserves its number one rating!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Today we drove from Jonesborough, Tennessee up interstate 81 to Carlisle,l Pennsylvania. Four of our friends from Tennessee advised us that we should not miss the chance to stop at Hollywood's Restaurant near Roanoke Virginia. The food, service and prices were excellent. After we finished our meal we were offered a stick pin to indicate our location on the wall map. When I approached the map I was amazed to see that almost the entire East Coast of United States was covered with pins. All of this happened since April 2012 when the map was put up.

North Georgia
“thank god for Trip Advisor, this place should be #1”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

My wife and young son (2) checked into a Marriott in town and asked the concierge where we should get dinner. She recommended Carabba's, which we like, and frankly we almost went there. Then my wife reminded me that we looked homeless as we had been on the road for 12 hours and my son had been spending most of that time trying to saturate his car seat with bodily fluids. So...... we checked trip advisor out. We saw this was the #2 restaurant in Roanoke, it was nearby, it was casual (we called to verify), and we headed off. Let me just say....

It should be #1 in Roanoke!

We had an absolutely fantastic meal. 2 beers, a glass of wine, an appetizer, two entrees, a kids meal, two extra salads, desert and a 20% tip hit us for $80.

The appetizer, coconut shrimp, were unremarkable except for the fantastic plum dipping sauce they came with. The salads were dressed with an in-house sesame ginger dressing that was good to the point I wanted to buy it and take it home. They will sell it in a soup container, but since we were travelling we decided not to get it.

My wife had a Tobacco Road something or other pulled pork sandwich that was AWESOME. My dish, a barbecue chicken dish that was served over grilled onions and homemade red mashed potatoes (unbelievable) nearly got me kicked out of the restaurant for recreating the famous dinner scene from When Harry Met Sally. I mean it was that good.

They have beer on tap and in bottle, and wine. They have a really cool map that they ask travelers to mark with push pins indicating their home town. The map had hundreds of pins in it and was only a year old. This place is no joke. If you are in town, and you do not eat here, you are robbing yourself. Do not be fooled by it's old appearance and plastic banner signs outside. Absolutely wonderful.

My ONLY critique would be that the grilled cheese they made for my son was pretty bland, but you know, he's two. But dang it, two year old's are people too!

• Visited June 2013