“Nothing fancy, just American-style food” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #15 of 377 Restaurants in Roanoke
Certificate of Excellence 2014
The Hague, The Netherlands
“Nothing fancy, just American-style food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2015

Surrounded by numerous chain-restaurants, we checked out the off-brand name. Service was good, and the food ok.

• Visited April 2015
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Roanoke, VA
“You can depend on Shakers for a good meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2015

As an HR Director for a local company, I often have business associates or applicants that I need to entertain for lunch. My first choice is always Shakers because I have found that I can always depend on them for a good meal and good service. Because of the variety of their menu, I'm also comfortable that my guest will ALWAYS be able to find something that they like on the menu.

• Visited March 2015
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Great food in a convenient location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2015

We have eaten at Shakers several times.This restaurant has an extensive menu and everything we have tried has been delicious. The servings are very generous. Service is excellent. It is on the Valley View Mall property and is convenient to a number of hotels also on the property.

Visited April 2015
Christiansburg, Virginia
“Dependable good meals”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2015

We dropped in for supper on a snowy March evening prior to attending a show. Was not crowded at all and somehow they managed to be fully staffed, in spite of the poor weather forecasts.

We've eaten here on many occasions. It's another nice family restaurant with a standard Shaker's menu, alcohol and wifi.

Service was friendly and efficient. I had their ribs special, my wife had their Hawaiian Tenderloin. Our tab came to $31 including a pint of beer.

The ribs literally fell off the bones - they may have been a tad overcooked, but otherwise nice. Could have used more barbq flavoring/sauce.

Great location. We use it when going to the airport, to concerts in town and when shopping at Valley View Mall. Always great service.

• Visited March 2015
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Northern VA
“soup and a somewhat brown salad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2015

I chose Shakers for a quick late salad and soup combo. The server was attentive, even chatty about the people preparing the food. The potato soup was a bit thick but just average. The salad had about a half of its content as brown tinged lettuce. Had I known they did not have fresh greens, I would have skipped the salad. At least the soup was served hot, and relatively quick.

Visited April 2015