“Steak & Cheese Sub” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #216 of 415 Restaurants in Roanoke
Cuisines: Pizza
“Steak & Cheese Sub”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

The Franks on Williamson Road in Roanoke have the best Steak & Cheese Subs that I have tasted in quite some time.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Franks”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

The only thing I do not like at Franks Pizza is the choice of Diet drinks. I only eat the Steak subs and I do love them.

Visited October 2012
Salem, Virginia
“Our Family Loves Frank's”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

We love their Pizza, esp. the cheese and pineapple, but every pizza we have had has been just fantastic. You can tell that everything is made fresh and they are always hot and cheesy. In May we gave our daughter a birthday party there and they went out of their way to make things go as planned. The people are so nice and the food is great. We have Never been dissapointed, and tend to make this a Friday routine.

Visited October 2012
Roanoke, Virginia
“Overpriced for mediocre food. Good service.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

My wife and I dropped by for an early dinner. We had good service and they were very polite and helpful.

I had the "Italian" sub and agree with another reviewer that the fare, at least this sandwich, was "Americanized". Not really "Italian". My wife's house salad was basically iceberg lettuce and bland. The meatballs and peppers were just OK. The minestrone soup was OK. We did not try their pizza, and perhaps that is a different, better story. A little pricey.

The restaurant was clean, however, the day we went in the place reeked of bleach. They had just done the floors and it was overpowering.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Salem, VA
“Great bargain”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

Not fancy but good food fast. My favorite is the Frank's Pizza and Subs on Main Street in Salem. Their lunch specials consisting of either pizza by the slice, pasta or a sandwich are worth the price.

Visited July 2012