“Great drinks great music pathetic food” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #39 of 415 Restaurants in Roanoke
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Cary, North Carolina
“Great drinks great music pathetic food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

I have traveled to Roanoke on many occasions this was my third and last time going to Blue five. I travel all over the country for my work and have the oportunity to eat in a lot of great places. The food is horrid. I am not some disgruntled hack. I actually complained to the owner last time and recieved an intresting response...."Hey man we are busy and if you saw what we were cooking with you would be amazed" meaning the kitchen size. I dropped 300 dollars on a 4 top and the service and music was great. The food was O'Charlies or worse.

• Visited October 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Wilmington, North Carolina
“Good Beer and Good Times”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

If you like beer and you like music this is the place to go when visiting Roanoke. Guitars line the walls and there are all types of people hanging out. People in ties, flip flops etc. I wasn't expecting much out of the food but it was really good. This place has the best damn swiss mac n' cheese pie in the world. Trust me.. you will not be dissappointed. Be prepared that this place can get loud when the music is going so sit down stairs if you bring the parents/grand parents.

• Visited July 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Richmond, Virginia
“hidden gem in the star city!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2011

i live in Richmond, Va and travel to Roanoke 3 times a month for work. i wasn't familiar w Roanoke at all. i was referred to blue5 by a coworker of mine and now i don't go anywhere else. i have eaten all around the Roanoke area and have been disappointed by a lot of the restaurants around here. Not Blue5! When I'm in Roanoke now, this is where I'm at! great food, service, and bands! its a overall great experience! i wish Richmond had one!

• Visited December 2010
Salem, Virginia
“Love, love, love it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2011

My husband and I have a new favorite place in the whole wide world! Highly recommend it!

• Visited January 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great atmosphere, food and service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2010

Great atmosphere the best shrimp and grits I've ever tasted! Wow. Wife had the scallops, also incredible. 16 microbrews at the 'guitar bar'. VERY COOL. Will return very soon!