“Great Takeout” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Roanoke, Virginia
“Great Takeout”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

I don't plan on reviewing chain restaurants but I will make exceptions on occasion. I want to write this review on Carrabba's Curbside pickup.

The online ordering tool is easy to use and quick. The only thing it doesn't offer is the ability to pay online.

The service at the restaurant was quick and pleasant. I expected to wait forever but seconds after pulling up the server came out with a drink and an update on my order. A few minutes later the order was ready and the server even offered to put my food in the back of the car for me.

I wouldn't use this to order some of Carrabba's more intense dishes but for basic Italian fare it's awesome. The food is packed well and they even give you the oil for your bread.

So for locals wanting to take home Italian or visitors wanting something to take back to the room, give Carrabba's a try.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Moneta, Virginia
“1 Bad Experience But I Still Love Ya!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

I am sad about writing this review. This Carrabba's has always been a favorite of my family. However, last night was less than what we have been used to receiving as far as service, food, and overall experience. We are used to feeling pampered the minute we walk in the door. We have been spoiled over the years by the excellent service. Last night, NONE of our special requests were met. I don't know if our waitress was new or not, but she did not have her act together. A restaurant like this one, in our opinion, should be a special treat but where you also feel like family. We tried one of the new advertised dishes and are usually able to substitute a different chicken (marsala, rosa, or bryan), but we weren't allowed this time. We asked for ketchup for my son, and we were almost done with out meal before the waitress brought him any. We had asked the waitress to NOT bring out my husband's dish since he wasn't hungry but to bag it instead. She still brought it out, ignoring our request. The quantity to food was much smaller than was pictured, but it was still very tasty. This may all sound petty, but we had been used to a higher quality of service than what we received last night. We were all hoping for the experience we have grown accustomed to, but were rather disappointed. I guess we have gotten spoiled. Oh well, even with one bad experience out of many, many pleasant experiences, we still love this restaurant and will still go back again.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Manassas, Virginia
“Great meal for the price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

The bread in this place is amazing, it came out piping hot. For dinner I ordered Steak Marsala and spinach as a side. The steak was cooked well. Spinach was good after I pulled out all of the garlic pieces.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Roanoke, Virginia
“Perfect Anniversary meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Some reviews state this is a chain and the service is sub par.
Maybe they were having a bad day, but this Carrabba's is fantastic! The menu has been updated, food is fresh and the service was outstanding. We have eaten at this restaurant many times over the years and have never had a sub par meal.
Their new combination platters were great allowing you to have a traditional meal along with a new menu item. Garlic mashed potatoes is a must have. Shrimp and scallops were outstanding.
The grilled chicken in the red bell pepper sauce was tender and tasty without being overwhelmed.
Fresh bread, olive oil with seasonings were good. The shrimp diablo for an appetizer was perfect which has a fantastic lemon butter sauce with fresh toasted bread.
Unless you think that the olive garden is great, don't miss out at this restaurant.

Shenandoah National Park, Virginia
“Love Roanoke's Carrabbas!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

I can't say enough good about this Carrabba's! Conveniently located within the area of Valley View Mall in the valley of Roanoke, Carrabba's offers delicious cuisine, polite and friendly service, clean restrooms and a very pleasing dining experience.

Chicken Bryan is one of Carrabba's most popular menu choices, which is the only thing I order every time we dine here. Their side of sauteed fresh spinach is to die for! Many people who don't care for spinach love Carrabba's sauteed spinach.

We really enjoy sitting at the benches which face the cooks near the back of the restaurant. Much more entertaining than at a booth or table. We loved our server who took extra measures to be sure our dining experience was superb.

Can't wait to go back. I can't imagine anyone complaining about anything at this amazing restaurant! We asked to speak to the manager upon leaving to express our delight, once again, at this facility.

• Visited June 2014