“Great place for Travelers and Business Meetings!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
BEST VALUE RATE BOOK NOW
Ranked #6 of 39 Hotels in Roanoke
Georgia
“Great place for Travelers and Business Meetings!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2009

If you want a nice place to stay, with a clean room, friendly staff, a place for business meetings, all this and will not "break the bank". It's right here. While in Roanoke for business, I always stay here because it's convenient to airport, food, stores, and very nice meeting room on property. Even downtown is just a few minutes away. I highly recommend it for your next visit.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business

Antwerpen, Belgium
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2009

We did not feel very welcome here.
Not motivatid or very polite staf.
Room was very nice,halway looked and smelled a bit old.
Swimmingpool was also a bit dated.
Would try another place next time in Roanoke.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Belfast, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2009

Stayed here as part of a 7-State road trip. Unlike Fairfield or Hampton Inn, with Best Western it is always a Forrest Gump moment in that; you never know what you're gonna get. In this instance it was a pleasant surprise with well appointed, spacious rooms and plush bathrooms with granite surfaces. The hotel was a few miles from Roanoke but it was another of those non-descript mid-sized American cities and after touring round we decided to return to the Hotel area and ate in Olive Garden. I would choose this hotel if travelling via Roanoke again.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2009

The Best Western has a wonderful meeting room full of amenities like wireless internet connection, LCD projector and screen, plenty of tables and chairs, light refreshments and a private restroom. The staff is exceptional and very accommodating and the price is very reasonable. My business group meets here weekly and we continue to be pleased by the Best Western at Valley View in Roanoke.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
petersburg,va
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2009

I stayed there on business last week, it was a very nice hotel. The hotel was clean, staff was attentive to my needs and it was close alot of resturants. I would stay there again when I come back to Roanoke.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
DC Metro area
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2009

Typical Best Western hotel, room was clean, had flat screen tv. Our room did come with an exercise bike in the corner which is the first time I've ever had a hotel room have a piece of gym equipment in it. There is a small workout room in the hotel. The hotel location was easy to get to off of I-581, right next to the Hyatt and close to the Valley View mall. Lots of restaurants in the area and movie theater near by. The continental breakfast was nothing special and there is very limited seating area to eat what they do have.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Roanoke, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2009

To put it briefly, bed bugs travelled home with me from this hotel and I have been suffering nothing short of a nightmare. I am 100% sure of this because the next day after I woke up from my sleep at the hotel, I noticed a blood mark and black dots on the white bed sheet where I slept. I thought that was strange to see, as I didn't recall seeing it the night before. I also remember clearly feeling like I was being pinched on my head, swatting away something and repeatedly waking up (must've been a big one!) I had like three or four bites and waved it off as mosquito bites. Fast forward a week and a day later, I wake up in my house on a Saturday morning and I am covered in over 100 bites. Not knowing what this is I run through my mind possibilities: chicken pox? allergic reaction? No. Later in the day I realize I've been attacked by bed bugs, and my research online connects the blood mark and black dots on my hotel sheet as a fat indication of an infestation at the hotel room. I spoke with the GM and she comped my room but if I had known the extermination bill would rise to $1,000 I would consider legal action. There is a resurgence in bed bugs, so heed this warning and check your mattresses before sleeping in a hotel. I am certainly paying the price. Absolutely terrible and a very stressful experience.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
RoanokeBestWestern, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Valley View, responded to this review, October 9, 2009
The Best Western Inn at Valley View is a lovely newly-renovated hotel that caters to corporate clients as well as family vacationers and group tourists. We are 100% Smoke-free and Pest-free. Please read all reviews and notice our ratings before you make a decision on where to make your reservation. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to show you that we have earned our rating!