“Nice hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
petersburg,va
“Nice hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2009

I stayed there on business last week, it was a very nice hotel. The hotel was clean, staff was attentive to my needs and it was close alot of resturants. I would stay there again when I come back to Roanoke.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
DC Metro area
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2009

Typical Best Western hotel, room was clean, had flat screen tv. Our room did come with an exercise bike in the corner which is the first time I've ever had a hotel room have a piece of gym equipment in it. There is a small workout room in the hotel. The hotel location was easy to get to off of I-581, right next to the Hyatt and close to the Valley View mall. Lots of restaurants in the area and movie theater near by. The continental breakfast was nothing special and there is very limited seating area to eat what they do have.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Roanoke, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2009

To put it briefly, bed bugs travelled home with me from this hotel and I have been suffering nothing short of a nightmare. I am 100% sure of this because the next day after I woke up from my sleep at the hotel, I noticed a blood mark and black dots on the white bed sheet where I slept. I thought that was strange to see, as I didn't recall seeing it the night before. I also remember clearly feeling like I was being pinched on my head, swatting away something and repeatedly waking up (must've been a big one!) I had like three or four bites and waved it off as mosquito bites. Fast forward a week and a day later, I wake up in my house on a Saturday morning and I am covered in over 100 bites. Not knowing what this is I run through my mind possibilities: chicken pox? allergic reaction? No. Later in the day I realize I've been attacked by bed bugs, and my research online connects the blood mark and black dots on my hotel sheet as a fat indication of an infestation at the hotel room. I spoke with the GM and she comped my room but if I had known the extermination bill would rise to $1,000 I would consider legal action. There is a resurgence in bed bugs, so heed this warning and check your mattresses before sleeping in a hotel. I am certainly paying the price. Absolutely terrible and a very stressful experience.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
RoanokeBestWestern, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Valley View, responded to this review, October 9, 2009
The Best Western Inn at Valley View is a lovely newly-renovated hotel that caters to corporate clients as well as family vacationers and group tourists. We are 100% Smoke-free and Pest-free. Please read all reviews and notice our ratings before you make a decision on where to make your reservation. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to show you that we have earned our rating!
NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2009

We had an issue at check-in and were very unsatisfied with how we were treated. Will avoid in the future.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
Tunkhannock, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2009

Courteous staff, and well kept hotel. We stayed for one night and found the staff to be both courteous and friendly. My little boy grabbed the phone and must have dialed the front desk, and they called our room to check on things. Breakfast included fruit, coffees, juices, cereals, omlets,donuts, breakfast bars, sausage, bacon, bisquits and gravy, and much more. It was well worth the price we paid, and the indoor pool on a rainy day certainly helped to wear out our little one so he'd have a peaceful sleep. Very comfortable pillows and beds, and a very nice place to stay.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
WV
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2009

We traveled to Roanoke for a high school graduation, stayed at Best Western Valley View. Very nice hotel....very clean...the staff was always friendly and helpful....the rooms were GREAT...quiet at night. Close to lots of places to eat....the mall is just a block away.....would for sure stay there again.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
San Francisco
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2009

The hotel had nice rooms, but very unfriendly staff. Would not stay here again.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Valley View? Share your experiences!