“Convenient and comfortable” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 38 Hotels in Roanoke
Baltimore, Maryland
“Convenient and comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

We were traveling south along Blue Ridge Parkway and this hotel was close by to spend the night.
Comfortable beds, clean room, adequate breakfast (included). Room has refrigerator, microwave and coffeemaker. Free Wi-Fi. Free USA Today newspaper.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Lori W, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Valley View, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Margaret,

Well, that just about covered it. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you loved the Blue Ridge Parkway trip as much as we do.

Please come back and see us the next time you're down here from Bal'more!

Go Orioles!

Lori Womack

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Gothenburg, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

My wife mistakingly booked tomorrow's date at hotels.com instead of today's and we could not change booking ourselves. Skyler at the front desk was very helpful as we had only a Swedish mobile (would cost a fortune) and phoned hotel.com on our behalf and fixed everything for us. It took her some 15-20 minutes but finally everything was OK. She really saved my wife's mood and our family happiness.
Rooms are quite spacious and has everything one needs. Judging by the information we have here breakfast should be good too. Parking is included.
Quite a bargain for the US$ 130 we paid.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Here's another review about Skyelar. (Geesh, I hope she'll be okay to work with now...she might get an ego! LOL!!) She is awesome...for sure.

Thank you for staying with us. I trust the breakfast turned out to be nice as well.

Be safe in your travels,

Regards,
Plymouth, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

The guests with the BB tourney were horrible. I don't hold the staff responsible for the unruly kids but I would have asked them to behave or leave. Once. But I know that you have to be polite but the other guest deserve that relaxing experience as well. Those chaperones weren't doing their jobs either.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Chris,

Congrats to the newlyweds! And thank you for emailing me at teamlori@yahoo.com. I was on vacation during the Commonwealth games, but of course I was told that a team was absolutely unruly. I understand that the staff and manager on duty had to constantly try to control them.

But you'll be happy to know that I received a letter from the coach profusely apologizing for their actions. It seems that the girls were super excited and the adults underestimated the need for the amount of chaperones.

Your group was extremely kind about the whole thing and we appreciate that. Taking that team again next year is something that will have to be seriously thought about. We don't want our other guests to be inconvenienced. I'm so sorry.

Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

The hotel attendants were super nice and the hotel was very helpful with finding a room for our dog. The room was in good condition and very clean. There was a very nice pool but we didn't get a chance to use it.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
We LOVE doggies!

It was our pleasure to find your a room. For our guests reading this thinking of bringing your pet...just a few pointers:

We only accept dogs...no cats, iguanas, lions, elephants or snakes please.
We only have five rooms designated for pets. Please call ahead because they fill up nearly every night.
We deep clean our pet rooms after each check out so we do charge a cleaning fee of $25 NON-Refundable for one dog. And additional $5 for the second dog.
Our limit for dogs is two

Hope that helps!

Thank you for your review!

Danville, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Stayed one night while vacationing in Roanoke. Fairly easy access to/from downtown. Staff was friendly and exceptionally polite: maid, breakfast attendant, front desk both checkin and checkout, managers, everyone. Breakfast was better than most with an exceptional selection. Room was large, clean, comfortable, and attractive. Good selection of restaurants nearby, several with 10% to 15% discount for hotel guests. Great place to stay at a reasonable price. Highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
What a great review! Very nice.

Did you enjoy our beautiful city? Danville's not too shabby either. Lots of history. But...you know...I'm partial to Roanoke. We love our city...and our little hotel. Glad you do too!

Please visit with us again the next time you're up this way!

Have a good remainder of July!

Philly
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

Stayed with my wife and dog on the way to Myrtle Beach South Carolina. Nice value. Good room. Staff was friendly and helpful. Everything we needed. Will be staying again on our return to Pennsylvania.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
We liked having you here! Hope you had a great time at the beach. Did you have good weather? I was wondering where you stayed and how Fido liked it.

Looking forward to your return...and until then.....enjoy!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

We stopped here for a place to rest after driving in a downpour for three hours! No one was at check-in, so I waited about five minutes. Then two people showed up and apparently tried to find a room that was cleaned. I guess they weren't all cleaned yet(6:30 at night). Finally got key and headed to room. It was spacious, but beds were the smallest double beds we have seen. There were four of us, and I think a king size bed would have been bigger than the two doubles. The recliner was very comfortable; I almost slept in it! The room was clean and had a microwave/fridge/safe. The pool was small, and it looked like the top,right above water line, hadn't been cleaned in a long time, but rest of pool seemed clean and boys had fun in it. There were no pool towels left, so glad we brought our own. Pool is open until 11, so at 7 I would think there would be towels, especially because it is right across from front desk! The air in room worked well. Breakfast was good...small seating area. There were a lot more staff at front desk for check out. I would stay again only if it was one night, and I would definitely get a King size bed or two queen(not sure they have them). It is also located near a mall and many restaurants!

Stayed July 2014
Kidcraze (want some more?)

This is probably one of the best reviews I've ever read. Thorough and well said. Just a couple of notes: We only have either a room with ONE king bed or a room with TWO "Full or double" beds. No queens...yet. (it's in the gettin' stage)

Also, I remember that day. That was one of those days where we all went "whew" and fell into bed as soon as we got home. But I think we got everything covered and I'm glad you were pleased in the end. That was our goal.

Please come back again soon!

General Manger

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Valley View? Share your experiences!