“Great Staff, horrible and unruly guests/kids” 4 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5050 Valley View Boulevard NW, Roanoke, VA 24012-2038   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #6 of 38 Hotels in Roanoke
Plymouth, United States
“Great Staff, horrible and unruly guests/kids”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

The guests with the BB tourney were horrible. I don't hold the staff responsible for the unruly kids but I would have asked them to behave or leave. Once. But I know that you have to be polite but the other guest deserve that relaxing experience as well. Those chaperones weren't doing their jobs either.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Lori W, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Valley View, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Chris,

Congrats to the newlyweds! And thank you for emailing me at teamlori@yahoo.com. I was on vacation during the Commonwealth games, but of course I was told that a team was absolutely unruly. I understand that the staff and manager on duty had to constantly try to control them.

But you'll be happy to know that I received a letter from the coach profusely apologizing for their actions. It seems that the girls were super excited and the adults underestimated the need for the amount of chaperones.

Your group was extremely kind about the whole thing and we appreciate that. Taking that team again next year is something that will have to be seriously thought about. We don't want our other guests to be inconvenienced. I'm so sorry.

Lori Womack

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

The hotel attendants were super nice and the hotel was very helpful with finding a room for our dog. The room was in good condition and very clean. There was a very nice pool but we didn't get a chance to use it.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
We LOVE doggies!

It was our pleasure to find your a room. For our guests reading this thinking of bringing your pet...just a few pointers:

We only accept dogs...no cats, iguanas, lions, elephants or snakes please.
We only have five rooms designated for pets. Please call ahead because they fill up nearly every night.
We deep clean our pet rooms after each check out so we do charge a cleaning fee of $25 NON-Refundable for one dog. And additional $5 for the second dog.
Our limit for dogs is two

Hope that helps!

Thank you for your review!

Danville, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Stayed one night while vacationing in Roanoke. Fairly easy access to/from downtown. Staff was friendly and exceptionally polite: maid, breakfast attendant, front desk both checkin and checkout, managers, everyone. Breakfast was better than most with an exceptional selection. Room was large, clean, comfortable, and attractive. Good selection of restaurants nearby, several with 10% to 15% discount for hotel guests. Great place to stay at a reasonable price. Highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
What a great review! Very nice.

Did you enjoy our beautiful city? Danville's not too shabby either. Lots of history. But...you know...I'm partial to Roanoke. We love our city...and our little hotel. Glad you do too!

Please visit with us again the next time you're up this way!

Have a good remainder of July!

Philly
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

Stayed with my wife and dog on the way to Myrtle Beach South Carolina. Nice value. Good room. Staff was friendly and helpful. Everything we needed. Will be staying again on our return to Pennsylvania.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
We liked having you here! Hope you had a great time at the beach. Did you have good weather? I was wondering where you stayed and how Fido liked it.

Looking forward to your return...and until then.....enjoy!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

We stopped here for a place to rest after driving in a downpour for three hours! No one was at check-in, so I waited about five minutes. Then two people showed up and apparently tried to find a room that was cleaned. I guess they weren't all cleaned yet(6:30 at night). Finally got key and headed to room. It was spacious, but beds were the smallest double beds we have seen. There were four of us, and I think a king size bed would have been bigger than the two doubles. The recliner was very comfortable; I almost slept in it! The room was clean and had a microwave/fridge/safe. The pool was small, and it looked like the top,right above water line, hadn't been cleaned in a long time, but rest of pool seemed clean and boys had fun in it. There were no pool towels left, so glad we brought our own. Pool is open until 11, so at 7 I would think there would be towels, especially because it is right across from front desk! The air in room worked well. Breakfast was good...small seating area. There were a lot more staff at front desk for check out. I would stay again only if it was one night, and I would definitely get a King size bed or two queen(not sure they have them). It is also located near a mall and many restaurants!

Stayed July 2014
Kidcraze (want some more?)

This is probably one of the best reviews I've ever read. Thorough and well said. Just a couple of notes: We only have either a room with ONE king bed or a room with TWO "Full or double" beds. No queens...yet. (it's in the gettin' stage)

Also, I remember that day. That was one of those days where we all went "whew" and fell into bed as soon as we got home. But I think we got everything covered and I'm glad you were pleased in the end. That was our goal.

Please come back again soon!

General Manger
Valencia, CA, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Our arrival was late...but Skyler at the desk was excellent and helped us locate a restaurant. The room was a very good (larger the most BW) good size with a "easy chair." I had to go several times for some ice and use the computer. Skyler was very helpful. The hotel was having printing issues with their printer. Skyler took my information and went to the office and came back with the necessary papers. Beware of the food area poorly kept and not FULL items missing you to ask for. I had to ask for fruit and breakfast patties. Tables dirty, breakfast caretaker busy gossiping with front desk about other employee...it was not until I complained that she got more food and cleaned tables.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Xavier,

So, Skyelar comes in to work her shift and is beaming with pride. "Did you see our new review?" I hadn't seen it yet so I logged on to Tripadvisor and read your review. She was so proud of herself. She's one of the best (if not THE best) desk clerks I've had the pleasure to work with. (She's also been promoted to Evening Desk Manager)! YAY!

BUT!! I was very, very upset as I continued reading your review. Sabrina is our Breakfast Manager and she is just really excellent. I've never heard anyone complain about her...so needless to say we had a talk. She doesn't recall the situation, but we usually don't when we've slipped up. (wink) It may not even been her. We have some part-time people that work in there too. But (again with the but), I think we've taken care of that and it should never happen again.

Thank you for taking the time to mention Skye and breakfast. Not everyone tells us where we are good and where we are bad. You helped us make things better.

Johnstown, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

I just wanted to say we chose to stay at your Best Western because of the clean, comfortable rooms, great service and location that we received last year. This year was no different, everything was great. The breakfast was also great. Thank you for making us feel at home.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Melissa,

I'm so honored that you chose us again. It makes us so happy to hear that we're moving in the right direction to please our guests.

I'm looking forward to you visiting with us again next year. I trust we won't disappoint.

Lori Womack

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Valley View? Share your experiences!