“Clean and Comfortable” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 38 Hotels in Roanoke
Danville, VA
“Clean and Comfortable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Stayed one night while vacationing in Roanoke. Fairly easy access to/from downtown. Staff was friendly and exceptionally polite: maid, breakfast attendant, front desk both checkin and checkout, managers, everyone. Breakfast was better than most with an exceptional selection. Room was large, clean, comfortable, and attractive. Good selection of restaurants nearby, several with 10% to 15% discount for hotel guests. Great place to stay at a reasonable price. Highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Lori W, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Valley View, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
What a great review! Very nice.

Did you enjoy our beautiful city? Danville's not too shabby either. Lots of history. But...you know...I'm partial to Roanoke. We love our city...and our little hotel. Glad you do too!

Please visit with us again the next time you're up this way!

Have a good remainder of July!

Lori Womack

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Philly
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

Stayed with my wife and dog on the way to Myrtle Beach South Carolina. Nice value. Good room. Staff was friendly and helpful. Everything we needed. Will be staying again on our return to Pennsylvania.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
We liked having you here! Hope you had a great time at the beach. Did you have good weather? I was wondering where you stayed and how Fido liked it.

Looking forward to your return...and until then.....enjoy!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

We stopped here for a place to rest after driving in a downpour for three hours! No one was at check-in, so I waited about five minutes. Then two people showed up and apparently tried to find a room that was cleaned. I guess they weren't all cleaned yet(6:30 at night). Finally got key and headed to room. It was spacious, but beds were the smallest double beds we have seen. There were four of us, and I think a king size bed would have been bigger than the two doubles. The recliner was very comfortable; I almost slept in it! The room was clean and had a microwave/fridge/safe. The pool was small, and it looked like the top,right above water line, hadn't been cleaned in a long time, but rest of pool seemed clean and boys had fun in it. There were no pool towels left, so glad we brought our own. Pool is open until 11, so at 7 I would think there would be towels, especially because it is right across from front desk! The air in room worked well. Breakfast was good...small seating area. There were a lot more staff at front desk for check out. I would stay again only if it was one night, and I would definitely get a King size bed or two queen(not sure they have them). It is also located near a mall and many restaurants!

Stayed July 2014
Kidcraze (want some more?)

This is probably one of the best reviews I've ever read. Thorough and well said. Just a couple of notes: We only have either a room with ONE king bed or a room with TWO "Full or double" beds. No queens...yet. (it's in the gettin' stage)

Also, I remember that day. That was one of those days where we all went "whew" and fell into bed as soon as we got home. But I think we got everything covered and I'm glad you were pleased in the end. That was our goal.

Please come back again soon!

General Manger
Valencia, CA, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Our arrival was late...but Skyler at the desk was excellent and helped us locate a restaurant. The room was a very good (larger the most BW) good size with a "easy chair." I had to go several times for some ice and use the computer. Skyler was very helpful. The hotel was having printing issues with their printer. Skyler took my information and went to the office and came back with the necessary papers. Beware of the food area poorly kept and not FULL items missing you to ask for. I had to ask for fruit and breakfast patties. Tables dirty, breakfast caretaker busy gossiping with front desk about other employee...it was not until I complained that she got more food and cleaned tables.

Xavier,

So, Skyelar comes in to work her shift and is beaming with pride. "Did you see our new review?" I hadn't seen it yet so I logged on to Tripadvisor and read your review. She was so proud of herself. She's one of the best (if not THE best) desk clerks I've had the pleasure to work with. (She's also been promoted to Evening Desk Manager)! YAY!

BUT!! I was very, very upset as I continued reading your review. Sabrina is our Breakfast Manager and she is just really excellent. I've never heard anyone complain about her...so needless to say we had a talk. She doesn't recall the situation, but we usually don't when we've slipped up. (wink) It may not even been her. We have some part-time people that work in there too. But (again with the but), I think we've taken care of that and it should never happen again.

Thank you for taking the time to mention Skye and breakfast. Not everyone tells us where we are good and where we are bad. You helped us make things better.

Johnstown, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

I just wanted to say we chose to stay at your Best Western because of the clean, comfortable rooms, great service and location that we received last year. This year was no different, everything was great. The breakfast was also great. Thank you for making us feel at home.

Melissa,

I'm so honored that you chose us again. It makes us so happy to hear that we're moving in the right direction to please our guests.

I'm looking forward to you visiting with us again next year. I trust we won't disappoint.

Westminster, MD, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

We had a very nice room. Very comfy. The staff was lovely & helpful. The breakfast was good. There was a variety if hot & cold items to choose from. They were also close to many restaurants & gave us a list at check-in. The rubber ducky in the bathroom was a nice touch. My daughter loved that!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Elizabeth,

I'm very pleased that you were very pleased! :-)

I hope you took the rubber ducky with you! Our ducks have traveled around the world...and we're happy that they take a small token to remember their trip by (and we're happy to oblige).

Have an awesome summer and come back and see us!

Roanoke,Va, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

Wife and I enjoyed our stay. The room was clean, beds were comfortable, nice décor. Very friendly and helpful staff and the breakfast was great. Hotel location is near a large mall and many restaurants. It is only a short drive to the Blue Ridge Parkway.

Thomas,

Thank you for a kind review. Yes, We are very close to the Parkway and get many visitors stopping off to relax and enjoy our beautiful city before heading back on the road.

Please come back and see us soon,

Lori Womack

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Valley View? Share your experiences!