“Very Pleased” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 38 Hotels in Roanoke
Westminster, MD, United States
“Very Pleased”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

We had a very nice room. Very comfy. The staff was lovely & helpful. The breakfast was good. There was a variety if hot & cold items to choose from. They were also close to many restaurants & gave us a list at check-in. The rubber ducky in the bathroom was a nice touch. My daughter loved that!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Lori W, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Valley View, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Elizabeth,

I'm very pleased that you were very pleased! :-)

I hope you took the rubber ducky with you! Our ducks have traveled around the world...and we're happy that they take a small token to remember their trip by (and we're happy to oblige).

Have an awesome summer and come back and see us!

Lori Womack

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Roanoke,Va, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

Wife and I enjoyed our stay. The room was clean, beds were comfortable, nice décor. Very friendly and helpful staff and the breakfast was great. Hotel location is near a large mall and many restaurants. It is only a short drive to the Blue Ridge Parkway.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Thomas,

Thank you for a kind review. Yes, We are very close to the Parkway and get many visitors stopping off to relax and enjoy our beautiful city before heading back on the road.

Please come back and see us soon,

West Chester, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

We have stayed at this motel many times. The location is very close to good restaurants and shopping. Motel staff is attentive and quite pleasant. Rooms are modern and well kept. However, do not expect a good selection of breakfast items, as the offerings are quite ordinary.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Awww...Darn it! Last time you reviewed us, you said we had a great breakfast! That does it! I'm making you breakfast myself next time! LOL! Seriously, you usually have great things to say about breakfast. Would you mind very much to email me at teamlori@yahoo.com and give me more details? We enlarged our breakfast and added more variety, so I was hoping you'd like it. ;-(

Looking forward to hearing from you...and seeing you again soon.

Have a great summer,

Wilmington, NC, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Average hotel...not well marked except for sign at street entrance and sign on highway side of the building. Didn't like the swimming pool location just off the lobby and the early check out policy is not good. However, the hotel was clean, neat, and attractive. Newly carpeted with nice rooms. Restaurants and shopping center close by. It was very quiet.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

George,

Thanks much for the review. I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "early check-out" because I don't know who you are....and I like to address all concerns.....but I think you may be referring to the ISF Tournament that was in town. A couple of people were a tad irritated that they had to pay for their rooms even though they wanted to check out and not pay as agreed. Let me explain:

You see, when we block rooms for our guests, we really do BLOCK. We don't overbook, we don't sell your room from underneath you and we always assume that our guests will keep their word as well. With large groups, we ask if they are sure they want us to reserve a certain amount of rooms for a certain amount of nights. When the answer is yes....we ask our guests to sign an agreement. Then......(let me breath here)....then, we start turning everyone else away. If a regular guest comes in and wants a room, we have to apologize and say "I'm so sorry, but we promised this group that we'd hold their rooms". If George Clooney or Oprah would try to check in....we'd have to say "Oh, I'm so sorry. You see, we promised to hold these rooms for some guests...and we have to keep our word". (Breathing again).....

So when someone in a group decides that they're going to go ahead and leave....(leaving the room empty), we can't usually rerent the room because the window of opportunity is gone. Just like an airline, if you've "purchased" the room, we will charge you for it. Unfortunately (because we are a business) I have to insist that our guests keep their word and pay for the room. You can leave (of course, we're not Hotel California), but I keep my integrity and insist that the guest do so as well. Does that make sense? I hope that explains.

I do hope I didn't ramble on and that wasn't what you were referring to. But I think it was, so I hope that helps.

Thanks for reading this,
Victoria, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

Found this place to be well run, very clean and offered a good nights stay. Was worried about the proximity to the freeway but it wasn't a problem.

Kudos to Best Western for solving the electrical plug in problem. Lots of extra plugins on the desk and on the bedside table (including USBs) for the devices a traveler carries in 2014. Lots of other hotels have yet to figure this out.

Enjoyed our stay in this quiet comfortable hotel.

You ARE grand.....Charles!

Thank you for your kind review! It's so nice to get your feedback.

Kudos to YOU for taking the time to tell us what you think.

Please come back and see us again when you're back in the states.

Kindly,

Princeton, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

We stayed here one night, room was spacious and looked very nice! Room was spotless and smelled delicious.
Best Western Plus could take care of better breakfast though, it was ok, typical American. I'm from Europe so used to more choices for breakfast!

Definitely a good hotel for two or three nights! Would book it again!

Stayed June 2014
Lori W, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Valley View, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Greetings Jersey friend!

Thank you so much for leaving such a kind review about us!

We ARE a good hotel for two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight.....oh, I'll stop.....nights! ;-)

Hope you book again soon!

Los Lunas, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

The hotel was a little too far off the Blue Ridge Parkway. Breakfast was good. Room was nice. The front desk staff always seem to put us at the opposite end of any hallway--far away from the front. We have t ask to be put up closer to the front.

Delberta,

Hi there!

I promise you...we don't put you on the end on purpose! But you may be requesting a certain room type that is in a place that isn't near our front office. If you'd like, email me with your info and I can look to see what room you were in. I'm at teamlori@yahoo.com! Or you can email me before your next reservation and I'll make sure you're close to the front.

Thank you for leaving us a review! We appreciate it!

Lori Womack

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Valley View? Share your experiences!