“Great Place to Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 39 Hotels in Roanoke
Tazewell, Virginia
“Great Place to Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

We are in the process of relocating to Roanoke and have stayed here at least four times in the last month and half. Overall it is a great place to stay. There is a great staff and the assistant manager is so helpful and sweet. We have only had two glitchs in all our stays. Once when I forgot to cancel our reservation due to having to rush back to our home due to a sick child. Despite staying there several times before I was charged for a full night anyways. I did refuse to go back for several weeks, but we did end up going back as we needed to stay one night due to car issues and I am glad we went back. Skylar was so helpful in getting us checked in it almost made up for the past issue. The hotel is super clean and comfortable. The second glitch was being next to a family for two nights who were so noisy it was impossible to sleep and multiple calls to the front desk did not help. Even to the point they came in from a trip somewhere on the second night at 11:45 p.m. and kept us awake until almost 2:00 am and they were back up at 5. WHen I spoke to the front desk they were aware of the family and the issues with the noise, however we were not offered any type of discount even for our room despite being unable to sleep. I love they now have handicap accessible doors since I am in a wheelchair. SO even despite having some issues with one stay it is truly worth going back.

• 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
Lori W, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Valley View, responded to this review, May 26, 2014
Jamie,

Oh, yes! I know who you are. I remember you....and believe me....I remember the noisy family beside you. But after many complaints and numerous calls to them...one day I decided to walk down to the room and have a "firm but fair" talk with the parents.

You know what I found out? I found out that the family was there because the husband got sent to Roanoke on business. The mommy of three small children (all under school age) and a dog in one room was on her only "vacation" of the year. Her eyes brimmed with tears as she profusely apologized for all of the noise. She said that she panicked every time her baby cried at night and was clearly under a lot of pressure. She basically had no one to take the kids...not even for an hour to relieve her.

I felt so sorry for the mommy. I suggested some parks to get the kids out of the room during the day and she thanked me. They checked out the next day. And along with the key, this harried mommy had left me a letter. She told me how much it meant to her that we were not "mad" at her and that we had empathy for her. Lesson learned. Sometimes what I think is happening isn't happening at all.

I'm glad you brought it up about the noisy family...and I'm really very sorry about the billing confusion on a prior visit. But I'm very glad you decided to come back.......home.

Please call me at 540-362-2400 or email me at teamlori@yahoo.com the next time you are coming to town and I'll make the arrangements.

Regards,

Yorktown, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

My husband has stayed at this hotel numerous times for work and over Spring Break I brought my daughter's ages 10 and 4, along with our traveling pet circus to stay for the week and take in the amazing scenery and parks. Our room was welcoming, modern, extremely well kept and the staff treated us like family. Every morning we would enjoy our included continental breakfast hosted by Mrs. Sabrina and with the spread she cooks up there was something and plenty of it for every one. Mrs. Angie who heads up the hospitality department was quick and efficient and her staff clearly takes her every word into careful consideration. The staff here truly makes this location worth staying at we had a great trip because of them.

• Stayed April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars
Hi there Yorktown friends!

I absolutely love, love, love seeing the name of our team here on Tripadvisor (and you KNOW they do too).

Sabrina has only recently taken the Breakfast Manager position, but isn't she doing an awesome job? She knows her stuff! And Angie? New too, but you're right....her staff KNOWS she means business and they respect her.

We're just one big happy family...although some of us need time-outs once in a while. ;-)

Please come back and see us again soon. Don't wait until next Spring...that's way too long!

Garner, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

Not one complaint. The hotel is very friendly and accommodating. The room was more than I had expected. Very,very,very clean. I had one small glitch but the staff got right on it and made me a very happy customer. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Lori W, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Valley View, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Okay Michael from Garner, North Carolina....You are my new favorite person! Forget my family, friends and staff...You're it! (wink)

I must say...that is one of the kindest reviews I've ever had the privilege of reading.

Thank you for recommending us. I'm going to recommend you too! ;-)

Grand Isle, Vermont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

this hotel is very convenient to I81 via the I581 connector. It is near the airport and large shopping mall, with plenty of meal choices close by. It is also a very short and easy drive to downtown Roanoke, which is why we picked it in the first place.
The room was larger than some others we have stayed at, bathroom was very roomy and clean, and the morning breakfast was more expansive than most Best Westerns. The staff was friendly and helpful when approached.
We will definitely stay here again when we are in this area.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank 506scw
Oh, you said the magic words......You'll definitely stay here again!! That makes me sooooo happy!

We love it when our guests take the time to leave a review. We appreciate it!

Please come back and see us again soon.

Richmond, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

The Hotel and grounds were clean and well kept. The staff was friendly and made sure my stay was comfortable. The breakfast provided was fresh and nicely served. The bed was perfect for a great night's sleep. Thank you.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Lori W, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Valley View, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Robert!!! Five out of Five!!! Thank you so much! I feel like Mary Poppins (Practically Perfect in Every Way)! Rrrrrrrrrright.

You know, usually when I respond to reviews I add my personal email and my phone number. I do that so that I can give our guests the attention they need. Whether it is so that you can give me even more feedback or so that I might help you make a reservation either with us, another Best Western hotel or even our competitors...I really want to help!

So when I say you can call me at 540-362-2400 or email me at teamlori@yahoo.com I mean it. I actually answer you.

Please come and stay with us again soon when you're up this way from Richmond.

Have a great weekend,
Lynnwood, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

I enjoyed the stay and would recommend the hotel. Everything was very accommodating, staff, room location, parking, etc. Bathroom was clean and supplied sufficient toiletries. Room was quiet. Had a little difficulty finding the hotel.

• 3 of 5 stars

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

WellWisher: (That's one of the best names I've read on here)

Thank you so much for the kind words. Please come back and see us again when you're in this area. Call me at 540-362-2400 or email me at teamlori@yahoo.com and I'll take care of your reservation for you.

I hope you have an awesome Spring weekend......and I wish you well......

Eindhoven, Nederland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

When we arrived at this hotel we received a very warm welcome in the evening. After checking in we asked dinner advise. We went to th Chinese restaurant just across the hotel. The buffet was very good. We felt very welcome in this hotel after driving on the Skyline Drive the whole day!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Hello friends from the Netherlands! I remember you checking in. You were very kind. Hey! Where can we leave a review for you? We should start a Guestadvisor.com and brag about the folks that we have the pleasure of hosting during their visit to Roanoke. ;-)

Please make it back to the US again soon. We'd love to see you again.