“Very nice hotel worth recommending” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
1,000 bonus reward points
Ranked #8 of 39 Hotels in Roanoke
Garner, North Carolina
“Very nice hotel worth recommending”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

Not one complaint. The hotel is very friendly and accommodating. The room was more than I had expected. Very,very,very clean. I had one small glitch but the staff got right on it and made me a very happy customer. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Lori W, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Valley View, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Okay Michael from Garner, North Carolina....You are my new favorite person! Forget my family, friends and staff...You're it! (wink)

I must say...that is one of the kindest reviews I've ever had the privilege of reading.

Thank you for recommending us. I'm going to recommend you too! ;-)

Lori Womack

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Grand Isle, Vermont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

this hotel is very convenient to I81 via the I581 connector. It is near the airport and large shopping mall, with plenty of meal choices close by. It is also a very short and easy drive to downtown Roanoke, which is why we picked it in the first place.
The room was larger than some others we have stayed at, bathroom was very roomy and clean, and the morning breakfast was more expansive than most Best Westerns. The staff was friendly and helpful when approached.
We will definitely stay here again when we are in this area.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Oh, you said the magic words......You'll definitely stay here again!! That makes me sooooo happy!

We love it when our guests take the time to leave a review. We appreciate it!

Please come back and see us again soon.

Richmond, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

The Hotel and grounds were clean and well kept. The staff was friendly and made sure my stay was comfortable. The breakfast provided was fresh and nicely served. The bed was perfect for a great night's sleep. Thank you.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Lori W, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Valley View, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Robert!!! Five out of Five!!! Thank you so much! I feel like Mary Poppins (Practically Perfect in Every Way)! Rrrrrrrrrright.

You know, usually when I respond to reviews I add my personal email and my phone number. I do that so that I can give our guests the attention they need. Whether it is so that you can give me even more feedback or so that I might help you make a reservation either with us, another Best Western hotel or even our competitors...I really want to help!

So when I say you can call me at 540-362-2400 or email me at teamlori@yahoo.com I mean it. I actually answer you.

Please come and stay with us again soon when you're up this way from Richmond.

Have a great weekend,
Lynnwood, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

I enjoyed the stay and would recommend the hotel. Everything was very accommodating, staff, room location, parking, etc. Bathroom was clean and supplied sufficient toiletries. Room was quiet. Had a little difficulty finding the hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

WellWisher: (That's one of the best names I've read on here)

Thank you so much for the kind words. Please come back and see us again when you're in this area. Call me at 540-362-2400 or email me at teamlori@yahoo.com and I'll take care of your reservation for you.

I hope you have an awesome Spring weekend......and I wish you well......

Eindhoven, Nederland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

When we arrived at this hotel we received a very warm welcome in the evening. After checking in we asked dinner advise. We went to th Chinese restaurant just across the hotel. The buffet was very good. We felt very welcome in this hotel after driving on the Skyline Drive the whole day!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Hello friends from the Netherlands! I remember you checking in. You were very kind. Hey! Where can we leave a review for you? We should start a Guestadvisor.com and brag about the folks that we have the pleasure of hosting during their visit to Roanoke. ;-)

Please make it back to the US again soon. We'd love to see you again.

Fairfax, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

I went with my children and they enjoyed the small heated pool. It was a nice touch to see a rubber ducky in the bathroom. The room was average to good. All of the employees were very nice. The breakfast was the usual continental breakfast but there were also wraps, eggs, biscuits, make your own waffles and a couple of other things. I am not a picky eater but I actually threw away 2 of the things I tried because they did not taste good to me at all. If you are looking for a quick breakfast, you could grab a bagel (there were no Plain bagels for my son) or other things (ex. cereal, fresh fruit, yogurt) but I would not choose this hotel for the free breakfast.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Lori W, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Valley View, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Hi there Fairfax friend!

I concur with your heading! Do NOT stay here for the breakfast! After all, it is a hotel breakfast. We have hot scrambled eggs, sausage, potatoes, oatmeal, Belgian waffles, even breakfast pizza. Lots of food, but let's be honest....it's NOT Mom's country breakfast (although Sabrina DOES prepare it with love and wears an apron).

Here's why you should stay with us: We care! Our rooms are clean! We are kind! We're Friendly and love to have fun with our guests! We don't operate by rules, we operate based on what our guests want, and all of our changes are based on what our guests ask us to provide.

I'm so glad you had fun in the pool! It makes us happy to see our guests splashing and having fun (especially the kids).

Email me at teamlori@yahoo.com or call me at 540-362-2400 the next time your coming our way and I'll make sure whatever you've requested for breakfast is there for you. I want you to leave knowing we made your visit personable.

And lastly, thank you for taking time out of your busy day with small children to leave us a review. I like people who leave me honest, down-to-earth feedback. ;-)

Midlothian, Va
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

I felt very much welcome and enjoy my stay. I would recommend this hotel and the location to others. I would like to see more mirrors in my room but other than that very nice hotel. The hotel also had a heated pool that was just great.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Lori W, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Valley View, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Mrs. Overby,

I got your kind email today and it was such a nice letter.

Thank you for choosing us. What would we be without you and others like you and your family?

Call me or email me again if you're ever coming our way again. Remember 540-362-2400 or teamlori@yahoo.com.