“A pleasent stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 38 Hotels in Roanoke
Del Rio, Tennessee
“A pleasent stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

Everything about this Best Western Plus was great. There needs to better instructions with more details to the facility, a map with more details,. ( the personal were courteous and cheerful.) Mrs. Len Dugan

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Lori W, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Valley View, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Hi there Mrs. Dugan!

As, of course, with anything....it really is easy to get here once you know your way around.
(I guess that could be said of the galaxy too though) When I came to interview here...I got lost too...so I can relate.

The next time you come to see us, if you can't remember how to get here, just call us...we'll guide you step by step. We really are in a great location. No waterfalls, no beach, no stepping right out to Broadway, BUT for Roanoke, VA we're close to everything...and nice and quiet.

Call me and I'll make your next reservation.

Thank you for reviewing us!

Lori Womack

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Brewer, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

We were very happy with our stay here. It's always hard to know what you are getting when you make a reservation on-line, and we were very happy with this choice. The people behind the front desk were friendly and helpful, the room was very nice and clean...and the breakfast was pretty good as well. We also loved the little duck that the staff leaves on the tub, great touch! We would stay here again....all in all our visit to Roanoke VA was great...what a beautiful city!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Lori W, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Valley View, responded to this review, March 16, 2014
Garysmom,

Thank you for reviewing us! We love hearing about how well we are doing. It inspires us to do even better in the future. Any suggestions for us? We need them from our guests!

Please come back and see us again soon. And you gotta bring Gary!

Regards,
Melissa, Heather and Lauren's mom,
Lori
Finksburg, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

Great place , a lot of decent places and choices from steaks to Chinese and within walking distance. A shopping mall close and just minutes off the highway. A very nice indoor pool. I stayed here for business through my company and if I was in the area for business or vacation I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Lori W, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Valley View, responded to this review, March 8, 2014
Mr. S,

Oh, thank you so much for writing a review of us! I think of all the things we're busy with in our lives but you stopped for just a few minutes to let us know what you thought!

Please come back and see us soon, won't you?

Lori
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Nice and clean room. Comfortable bed. Kind of pricy though for the area($125.). Good service from staff. Decent choice for breakfast. Overall good experience. Good choice of restaurants in the area and close to a real mall.

Room Tip: If you don't need 2 beds, ask for a King bed, otherwise you get 2 ''double'' bed...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Lori W, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Valley View, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Michel,

Your so nice to take the time to leave us a review. I concur with your comments.

The next time your this way, look for some discounts that may be available. In fact if you call me at 540-362-2400 or email me at teamlori@yahoo.com, I'll be able to give you the lowest rate available. And, while the price we're asking for our rooms can be a bit pricey for some people, we don't recommend you stay in anything cheap. You get what you pay for. Be careful what you choose. And even if you can't pay our rates, you can still call me or email and I'll work to find you a good room for a rate you can afford.

Jonesboro, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

Check in was great, the room was nice, then got up and showered and the heatlamp didn't work, went to dry my hair and the hairdryer didn't work. Told the front desk, it was not fixed. On check out I handed a list of my thoughts and disappointments and the clerk said she was sorry and that was the end of it - there was no offer of a discount or anything. Will I stay there again - probably not, there are too many other choices.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Lori W, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Valley View, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Stephanie!!!!! No!!

Well.....I'm going to have to take the blame for the switch in the bathroom not working. I was in there using a steamer to sanitize the floor and bathtub the day you checked in and the steamer stopped working. I simply pushed the reset button on the receptacle and the power "clicked" back on. I suppose I just thought there was a power surge so I didn't report it to maintenance. Then you checked in...and....well....you finished the story. (Unfortunately)

I know you get it that things are going to go wrong. I think your disappointment with us is that when you checked out, you didn't get the response that you should have received from us. Well, when our Front Desk Manager arrived and read the notes you passed along she called me about it. She told me she wanted to refund some of your money and of course, I was in total agreement.

Libby refunded your VISA credit card 20% off of each night (plus tax) for a total of $41.92. I hope this helps a little. And what a great training opportunity for the Front Desk Clerk to see that while there's always going to be issues here and there, it's HOW we handle those issues that really matter to our guests.

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We rely on the voices of our guests to tell us what you like and don't like. And you're right....you do have a choice. I hope you choose to stay with me and my team again the next time you're in town. You'll see that what you experienced this time is NOT the norm.

Will you call me the next time your coming to town? 540-362-2400 or better yet....email me at teamlori@yahoo.com. I check my email day and night.

I'll be waiting to hear from you!

Cape Cod, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

The staff at this hotel was terrific. We only stayed one night but the accommodations were very comfortable and were just what we needed after a long drive from "snow" country. We plan on returning to this lovely hotel on future trips.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Lori W, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Valley View, responded to this review, March 2, 2014
George! Thank you, thank you for the PERFECT score! Although we're far from perfect, what we do is strive for perfecttion...and that's Practically Perfect! (wink)

Come and see us again on your way back! If you want to contact me to make your reservation call me at 540-362-2400 or email me at teamlori@yahoo.com.

And then you'll get to be our guests again........Perfect!

Grundy, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

Nice clean room but $100 plus a night is a little steep for a room. What ever happened to the $50.00 a night room? Hard for someone with limited income to swing but these days if you get a decent room that is the cost of staying. complimentary Breakfast is reasonably good for a hotel breakfast and that helps somewhat with the cost. I guess that saves you $20.00 on the total trip costs.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Lori W, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Valley View, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Harold, Hi there!

Thanks so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I checked to see if you were a Best Western Rewards Member. You are! So I'm going to add 500 points to your account. That should help you move faster to a free room.

Our hotel usually runs anywhere from $99 to $129, but it sometimes goes much lower and slightly higher. I remember in the 60's our entire family (seven of us) stayed in a hotel for an outrageous price of $19. Boy, my dad could have definitely written your letter here if there was a Tripadvisor back then. ;-)

If you want to let me know when you're coming back into this area, just email me at teamlori@yahoo.com or call me at 540-362-2400 and I'll take care of your reservation for you.

Take care,