“Nice accomodations” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 37 hotels in Roanoke
Montreal, Canada
“Nice accomodations”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Nice and clean room. Comfortable bed. Kind of pricy though for the area($125.). Good service from staff. Decent choice for breakfast. Overall good experience. Good choice of restaurants in the area and close to a real mall.

Room Tip: If you don't need 2 beds, ask for a King bed, otherwise you get 2 ''double'' bed...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Lori W, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Valley View, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Michel,

Your so nice to take the time to leave us a review. I concur with your comments.

The next time your this way, look for some discounts that may be available. In fact if you call me at 540-362-2400 or email me at teamlori@yahoo.com, I'll be able to give you the lowest rate available. And, while the price we're asking for our rooms can be a bit pricey for some people, we don't recommend you stay in anything cheap. You get what you pay for. Be careful what you choose. And even if you can't pay our rates, you can still call me or email and I'll work to find you a good room for a rate you can afford.

472 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Jonesboro, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

Check in was great, the room was nice, then got up and showered and the heatlamp didn't work, went to dry my hair and the hairdryer didn't work. Told the front desk, it was not fixed. On check out I handed a list of my thoughts and disappointments and the clerk said she was sorry and that was the end of it - there was no offer of a discount or anything. Will I stay there again - probably not, there are too many other choices.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Lori W, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Valley View, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Stephanie!!!!! No!!

Well.....I'm going to have to take the blame for the switch in the bathroom not working. I was in there using a steamer to sanitize the floor and bathtub the day you checked in and the steamer stopped working. I simply pushed the reset button on the receptacle and the power "clicked" back on. I suppose I just thought there was a power surge so I didn't report it to maintenance. Then you checked in...and....well....you finished the story. (Unfortunately)

I know you get it that things are going to go wrong. I think your disappointment with us is that when you checked out, you didn't get the response that you should have received from us. Well, when our Front Desk Manager arrived and read the notes you passed along she called me about it. She told me she wanted to refund some of your money and of course, I was in total agreement.

Libby refunded your VISA credit card 20% off of each night (plus tax) for a total of $41.92. I hope this helps a little. And what a great training opportunity for the Front Desk Clerk to see that while there's always going to be issues here and there, it's HOW we handle those issues that really matter to our guests.

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We rely on the voices of our guests to tell us what you like and don't like. And you're right....you do have a choice. I hope you choose to stay with me and my team again the next time you're in town. You'll see that what you experienced this time is NOT the norm.

Will you call me the next time your coming to town? 540-362-2400 or better yet....email me at teamlori@yahoo.com. I check my email day and night.

I'll be waiting to hear from you!

Cape Cod, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

The staff at this hotel was terrific. We only stayed one night but the accommodations were very comfortable and were just what we needed after a long drive from "snow" country. We plan on returning to this lovely hotel on future trips.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Lori W, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Valley View, responded to this review, March 2, 2014
George! Thank you, thank you for the PERFECT score! Although we're far from perfect, what we do is strive for perfecttion...and that's Practically Perfect! (wink)

Come and see us again on your way back! If you want to contact me to make your reservation call me at 540-362-2400 or email me at teamlori@yahoo.com.

And then you'll get to be our guests again........Perfect!

Grundy, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

Nice clean room but $100 plus a night is a little steep for a room. What ever happened to the $50.00 a night room? Hard for someone with limited income to swing but these days if you get a decent room that is the cost of staying. complimentary Breakfast is reasonably good for a hotel breakfast and that helps somewhat with the cost. I guess that saves you $20.00 on the total trip costs.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Lori W, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Valley View, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Harold, Hi there!

Thanks so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I checked to see if you were a Best Western Rewards Member. You are! So I'm going to add 500 points to your account. That should help you move faster to a free room.

Our hotel usually runs anywhere from $99 to $129, but it sometimes goes much lower and slightly higher. I remember in the 60's our entire family (seven of us) stayed in a hotel for an outrageous price of $19. Boy, my dad could have definitely written your letter here if there was a Tripadvisor back then. ;-)

If you want to let me know when you're coming back into this area, just email me at teamlori@yahoo.com or call me at 540-362-2400 and I'll take care of your reservation for you.

Take care,
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

If you need a hotel for a night before flying out of Roanoke, then the Best Western Plus Inn at Valley View is perfect. Checking-in was fast, the staff efficient and friendly, the room big and the bed comfortable.
Compared to other Best Westerns, I would say this one is average (the one in Birmingham, for example is great). The outside structure is fine, the room certainly adequate but nearing the renovation stage. For a quick stay, it has it all: wireless, coffee at reception, big TV, etc. I just wouldn't want to stay there more than a night or two: too far away from things, a bit isolated ("off the highway" type of hotel). If you going to spend any time in Roanoke, better stay in the downtown area which might just surprise you.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Lori W, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Valley View, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Chris, Hi there! Thanks for the review.

I like it that you wrote: " Next to the airport, extremely efficient and nice staff, good for a night/quick stay". That's a nice title, but there's so much more to us than that! We were recently renovated, in fact, we really haven't stopped yet because we're always updating something. Right now we're adding the fitness room, guest laundry and breakfast area. The bathroom and closets also just got upgraded as well. We're always trying to keep things fresh and new for our guests. You're important to us.

I am a bit confused about this sentence though: "too far away from things, a bit isolated ("off the highway" type of hotel). If you going to spend any time in Roanoke, better stay in the downtown area which might just surprise you."

Downtown Roanoke is an awesome place to spend the day walking around shopping and eating. But be prepared to get surprised spending big bucks at the only hotel downtown. For a much, much better location, try us! We're absolutely close to everything! The folks that live downtown? They come over to Valley View to shop, eat, etc.

There are over 20 restaurants within walking distance, a movie theatre, a mall, the airport, car rental, bus service, pharmacies, medical offices, churches, and more that are all in a one mile radius. We couldn't get any closer to the action. And if you don't want to walk, our brand new shuttle van will take you where you want to go....even downtown.

I know you only got to stay one night with us, so you really didn't get the full scope of the area, but next time you come to Roanoke....PLEASE stay with us again. Call me at 540-362-2400 or email me at teamlori@yahoo.com and I'll personally arrange a shuttle downtown to a few expensive restaurants. ;-)

Thanks much,
Royersford, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

We were traveling from PA to SC and decided to spend the night in Roanoke since it was the halfway point in the trip. A friend of mine recommended Best Western Inn and it was a great recommendation. The room (2 double beds, 1st floor) were clean & had plenty of storage space so suitcases were not laying all over the room. The bathroom was spacious and had a heat lamp. Breakfast was good, and the hotel was near many restaurants so finding somewhere to eat upon arrival in the evening was not difficult at all. The pool was closed but that is not make or break for me, was only staying one night in winter. Would definitely stay again and would recommend to friends & family traveling along I-81.

Room Tip: Our double bed room contained a chest that suitcases could be stored in out of the way until morning...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Megan M,

I don't know what to say (which is unusual for me)! Ok...I'll give it a try (wink)...

To say we are the best hotel on I-81 is one of the nicest things anyone has ever written about us. I've been wondering if this is an exaggeration and I decided that I agree with you.....

Here's why:

We are nearly 19 years old but we are an updated, newly renovated, ever-evolving hotel. We're located next to the Interstate, the airport, etc., but a very quiet hotel. Our staff is friendly, friendly, friendly. We know why we're here...to serve you. Our prices don't gouge, but we're not a "cheap" motel either. We say we are what we are.

You know, we used to be Number 1 on Tripadvisor until a new hotel was built (they didn't crawl up the ladder, they debuted at #1...tough to beat) and then an historic, full-service hotel that money gets dumped into it (I wonder where they get all that money...oh, yeah...their guests) jumps up and bumps us down again. These two hotels ahead of us are beautiful and deserve a spot at the top. But again, we are nearly 19 years old and still manage to stay at the top. Why? Cause we really are a great place. And according to YOUR review...the best on I-81. We can't rest on those laurels, but I'm going to milk that for everything I can. LOL!

Thanks again for saying such nice things about us. Please email me at teamlori@yahoo.com or call me at 540-362-2400 if you have any questions or ideas for me.

Colonial Heights, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

It is very difficult traveling with a pet and rooms are not always clean. Our room was very clean and pleasant.

Our check-in was completed by Skyelar. She is a true professional and definitely sets the standard for customer service. Skyelar called shortly after we went to our room to ensure everything was okay or if we needed something. This is rare. We have traveled considerably and stayed in various quality of hotels and have not received such a call.

Room Tip: If you are staying only one night, ensure the room key works on the outside doors in the morning. W...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Lori W, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Valley View, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Hello Brenda C.

We LOVE our doggie friends. We've actually bonded with some and they give us lots of lovin' when they come back to see us!

Isn't Skyelar awesome? We are so fortunate to have her on our team. Next time your here, ask her to let you hear her Long Island Medium accent. ;-) (She's from Idaho...soooo it's funny).

Hope to see you again on this side of the Commonwealth.

Lori Womack

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Valley View? Share your experiences!