“Third time here” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 37 hotels in Roanoke
Finksburg, Maryland
“Third time here”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

Lovely hotel. Very clean. Very difficult to find , however. Have had to have the ever delightful desk clerks talk us in every time. Bed was a bit squeeky but the lenins were clean and tight, just as I like them. Brought my own pillow so I cannot give you feedback on those. Large variety of cold AND hot breakfast food but no half and half for my coffee(minor complaint).This hotel was a bit off our route but definitely with the extra few minutes drive.

• Stayed February 2014
Lori W, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Valley View, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Colleen,

Hello our Maryland friend! I've decided that the next time you come to Roanoke, we're going to have to put out our "Bat Signal"...or should I say "Duck Signal" for you to find us! ;-)

Thank you for such a nice review of our hotel. Seriously, it's in a great location but it can be difficult to find if you're not familiar with our area. Call us any time. We LOVE to have travelers call us!

See you next time!

472 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
West Chester, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

This is a very good place to stay with easy access to restaurants, shopping, auto service, banks, and the college. Motel staff is terrific and their breakfast offerings are fresh and plentiful. Parking is a breeze.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Valley View, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Thanks so much for your kind words. We do have a great location with easy access to and from I-581 and I-81. We are located at Southwest Virginia's largest shopping complex, Valley View Mall.
Thanks for staying with us and I hope you will visit us again soon.
McDonough, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

I was looking for a good value close to the Roanoke airport for a quick overnight trip. What I got was nicely appointed clean room, comfortable bed, some friendly staff at a great price. Although we did not eat close by; there were many places to choose and an indoor mall right next door. There was a Walmart on the other side of the Mall that allowed me to top off the tank before returning the rental the next morning. Would stay there again.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Valley View, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Thanks so much for your review.
I am pleased your quick stopover was enjoyable and we fit the need for a comfortable night's rest before heading to the airport. Hopefully next time you visit the Roanoke Valley, you will find time to explore some of the outdoors and culture events of the region.
Thanks for staying with us!
Roanoke, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

The staff was very helpful and friendly. Whenever we had a need, they provided fast service and were always courteous and polite. This Best Western staff provided top notch service.

The rooms are very comfortable and we were able to get plenty of rest.

We also loved the location as it is centrally located and very close to the mall and several restaurants.

Overall, it is a great value!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Valley View, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Thanks so much for your review.
I am pleased your stay was comfortable and the staff was helpful and friendly. We pride ourselves in making our guests feel at home.
I hope you will visit us again soon.
Cleveland, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

There are some pros and cons to this hotel as there are to any.

I'll start with the pros:
It was spacious enough for our family of 5. It looks to have been recently updated. Decor and paint look very nice. It had a reclining chair and ottoman along with a desk. It also had a storage chest and entertainment center which also housed a mini fridge and microwave. Hotel was close to many restaurants and shops (walmart, target, mall). Provides free breakfast.

Cons:
This hotel is not right off I81. But is only about 5 miles away. The beds were a little uncomfortable for my liking. They were not pillowtop and was too firm. So I didn't sleep well for that reason and people slamming their doors. The bed size was full instead of queen. There were ants all over the stuff we had put on the table between the beds.

Staff was very friendly and talkative. There was a pool right across from the lobby. We didn't utilize this amenity but it was weird to be there enclosed with glass to inside and outside. Breakfast was decent. You have to go to 3rd floor and it's from 6-10am. Which is nice to sleep a bit. They had a waffle maker, sausage links, home fries with peppers and sausage, breakfast burritos, cereal, oatmeal, yogurt, muffins, bagels.. Orange juice tasted awful. Not sure what brand container it was. Overall, it was a good stay for the money we spent. Booked through online for a cheaper price.

• Stayed December 2013
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Valley View, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Thanks for your candid remarks about your stay and our hotel. We are in the process of remodeling and enlarging our breakfast area just off the front lobby to better serve our guests. Our breakfast is temporarily being served in the meeting room on the 3rd floor. We are also adding an exercise facility and guest laundry.
I hope you will visit us again to enjoy our new upgrades.
Kalamazoo, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

Arriving late on our way to Washington DC we decided to get some rest before continuing on. Valerie up front was not real friendly to start the stay. The rooms are not that bad as compared to other Best Westerns we have stayed at. My wife went to use the bathroom and let out a scream, I rushed in to see a roach(I know it was a roach because I worked in pest control some time ago). I choose this hotel for all the positive feedback it received and was surprised I found this. I was extremely tied and begged her to just ignore it and get some rest. She tossed all night getting no sleep and to top it off the fiddled with my door first thing in the morning and woke my daughter. Something about a faulty lock. They couldn't have waited until I checked out? So I couldn't talk my family into eating breakfast do to the roaches, they hurried me out after the disturbance and vowed never to sleep at a Best Western again no matter how sleepy we are.

Stayed December 2013
I've very sorry your stay was not enjoyable and relaxing. I can understand the effect seeing a roach had on your family. I can assure you we do everything possible to prevent any kind of pest from being in our hotel, but as you may know from being a home owner, it is not always possible. Especially when we have many other guests visiting us on a daily basis.
I would have loved the opportunity to move you to another room so you could have rested peacefully. I hope you will give us another opportunity to show our true hospitality.
United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

When in Roanoke, this is where you must stay! Beautiful room, very comfortable beds, great choice of nearby restaurants. Excellent value! Traveling from NY to Texas, this was definitely the best hotel, and the cheapest hotel, on our route.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thanks for your comments! I am pleased your stay was enjoyable. Please visit us again as you travel through the beautiful Roanoke Valley.
Dominion Lodging, Inc.

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Valley View? Share your experiences!