“Decent value and clean” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 39 Hotels in Roanoke
Cleveland, Tennessee
“Decent value and clean”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

There are some pros and cons to this hotel as there are to any.

I'll start with the pros:
It was spacious enough for our family of 5. It looks to have been recently updated. Decor and paint look very nice. It had a reclining chair and ottoman along with a desk. It also had a storage chest and entertainment center which also housed a mini fridge and microwave. Hotel was close to many restaurants and shops (walmart, target, mall). Provides free breakfast.

Cons:
This hotel is not right off I81. But is only about 5 miles away. The beds were a little uncomfortable for my liking. They were not pillowtop and was too firm. So I didn't sleep well for that reason and people slamming their doors. The bed size was full instead of queen. There were ants all over the stuff we had put on the table between the beds.

Staff was very friendly and talkative. There was a pool right across from the lobby. We didn't utilize this amenity but it was weird to be there enclosed with glass to inside and outside. Breakfast was decent. You have to go to 3rd floor and it's from 6-10am. Which is nice to sleep a bit. They had a waffle maker, sausage links, home fries with peppers and sausage, breakfast burritos, cereal, oatmeal, yogurt, muffins, bagels.. Orange juice tasted awful. Not sure what brand container it was. Overall, it was a good stay for the money we spent. Booked through online for a cheaper price.

• Stayed December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank DS146
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Valley View, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Thanks for your candid remarks about your stay and our hotel. We are in the process of remodeling and enlarging our breakfast area just off the front lobby to better serve our guests. Our breakfast is temporarily being served in the meeting room on the 3rd floor. We are also adding an exercise facility and guest laundry.
I hope you will visit us again to enjoy our new upgrades.

Kalamazoo, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

Arriving late on our way to Washington DC we decided to get some rest before continuing on. Valerie up front was not real friendly to start the stay. The rooms are not that bad as compared to other Best Westerns we have stayed at. My wife went to use the bathroom and let out a scream, I rushed in to see a roach(I know it was a roach because I worked in pest control some time ago). I choose this hotel for all the positive feedback it received and was surprised I found this. I was extremely tied and begged her to just ignore it and get some rest. She tossed all night getting no sleep and to top it off the fiddled with my door first thing in the morning and woke my daughter. Something about a faulty lock. They couldn't have waited until I checked out? So I couldn't talk my family into eating breakfast do to the roaches, they hurried me out after the disturbance and vowed never to sleep at a Best Western again no matter how sleepy we are.

Stayed December 2013
I've very sorry your stay was not enjoyable and relaxing. I can understand the effect seeing a roach had on your family. I can assure you we do everything possible to prevent any kind of pest from being in our hotel, but as you may know from being a home owner, it is not always possible. Especially when we have many other guests visiting us on a daily basis.
I would have loved the opportunity to move you to another room so you could have rested peacefully. I hope you will give us another opportunity to show our true hospitality.
United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

When in Roanoke, this is where you must stay! Beautiful room, very comfortable beds, great choice of nearby restaurants. Excellent value! Traveling from NY to Texas, this was definitely the best hotel, and the cheapest hotel, on our route.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thanks for your comments! I am pleased your stay was enjoyable. Please visit us again as you travel through the beautiful Roanoke Valley.
Underhill, Vermont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

This hotel was a bit tricky to find, but well worth it once we arrived. Our room was clean, the pool great and breakfast was good. There was some sort of maintenance going on in the morning and when I called the front desk they took care of the problem right away. The staff at this hotel is what makes it outstanding!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thanks for your review. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us.
I'm sorry you were disturbed by noise. We are in the process of making some upgrades, such as a new and enlarged breakfast area, a new exercise facility and a new guest laundry. We try to make sure no work is done during times that would affect our guests, but if it does, we will take prompt action to have it stopped.
Please visit us again soon to enjoy our new upgrades.
Grundy, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

Nice rooms, fair prices, nice staff, as good as anywhere else you can stay unless you are able to stay at a high end location. I can't afford those places so I can't really say what difference in money equals in comfort. A room is just a place to sleep and if it is cool/warm and clean and comfortable what more can you ask for?

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank Harold W
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Valley View, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Thanks for your comments concerning your recent stay. We pride ourselves in offering a product that is quite comparable most of our other local hotels, yet is a much better price value. I am pleased you relax this as well and continue to stay with us.
We all look forward to seeing you again and being able to offer you a clean room and friendly service.
Wytheville, VA, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

Very nice hotel. clean. Convenient to shopping and to hospital and doctor's offices. Staff very friendly and helpful. gave us excellent info on restaurants nearby and directions.Breakfast selections very good. The lobby needs automatic doors to help getting the luggage carts in and out of the hotel. Room faced highway but traffic noise was at a minimal. It was raining and calling for sleet possible freezing rain,when we were getting ready to check out. We could see the traffic moving without any difficulties. Coffee available in the lobby or can make you won in the room.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thanks so much for your recent visit and for sharing your comments.
I am pleased your stay was enjoyable. We are in the process of making some changes to the hotel which include enlarging the breakfast area, adding an exercise facility and upgrading our automatic lobby doors. I hope you will visit us again soon to enjoy our upgrades.
Ottawa, ON
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

We found this property after driving for eleven hours from Ottawa, Ontario. Our welcome was warm and friendly and check-in was speedy. We had a king room on the ground floor. The room was very clean and spacious and well appointed with fridge, microwave, 32” flat panel TV and safe. A generous supply of bathroom amenities were provided especially towels and good sized soap bars. The hotel is nicwely situated away from but convient to I 581 so there was no road noise. Unfortunately, I’m a light sleeper and I found the in-wall HVAC too noisy so left it off.
A better than expected breakfast was provided in a large room on the third floor.
The one annoyance was the unexpected surcharge for the safe. This fee can be reimbursed on checkout if requested.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Valley View, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Thanks so much for staying with us. We are happy to serve our neighbors to the North.
I am pleased your enjoyed your stay and shared your comments with others. I hope you were not charged for the safe, as we discontinued that charge back in the summer. I will review your bill and the computer posting codes to make sure it is not charging our guests.
I hope you will visit us again soon should you travel through the beautiful Roanoke Valley.