“Great hotel in Roanoke, VA” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #4 of 38 Hotels in Roanoke
Roanoke, United States
“Great hotel in Roanoke, VA”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

Friendly staff, lovely room, comfy beds, good breakfast, cold water available in the lobby as well as coffee. We slept like babies in the king size bed and the leather recliner was a nice touch. Overall I would highly recommend this hotel when visiting Roanoke. Great location too!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Valley View, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Thanks so much for your kind words. I'm pleased you decided to stay with us and that your visit was enjoyable. The recliners have been a big hit with guests. I'm glad you mentioned them.
Please visit us again soon when you return to the beautiful Roanoke Valley.
Happy Holidays!
Dominion Lodging, Inc.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

My family stayed here on our way back from a trip up north, and I chose it based on the excellent ratings. I was pleased with everything but the person who checked us out at the end.

The room was very clean, well stocked, and comfortable. The breakfast was on the third floor (not a problem, just interesting to note), and it was comparable to other, more expensive hotels' breakfasts.

As to the person who checked us out, I didn't catch her name, but I have always disliked it when someone was speaking to me but never looked at me. This person spoke as if she were a bit annoyed, was very bland, and didn't seem sincere when she asked how our stay was. I left feeling as if she were speaking to me but yet trying to avoid having to speak or interact with me.

Otherwise, I enjoyed our stay here, and the price was very reasonable. It was a good value for the $96.00 we paid ($84 plus $12 in taxes).

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Thanks for visiting us and for your review of your stay.
We take pride in offering our guests a clean, comfortable room and a friendly, helpful staff. I am sorry we only delivered on the room aspect of your stay and not the staff portion. There is no excuse for missing the boat on a friendly staff and as such, I have made a change in staff members. Hopefully you will not experience an unfriendly staff member at the hotel again. We take every effort to hire a friendly and smiling personality to be a member of our team.
Thanks again for your comments. I hope you will visit us again.
Kingsport, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

This hotel was familiar to one of the people traveling with me, so she made the arrangements. What a reasonably priced, very handy location this was! The hotel was very clean and the complimentary breakdfast had a good variety. If you are staying in Roanoke and want not only a good value, but friendly hotel staff providing great service, consider this hotel! The shoppers in your party will enjoy that this is just across from the mall and the foodies will love the great selection right at your doorstep. Free wi-fi was also a huge plus!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thanks so much for your review. Thanks for mentioning our friendly staff, great location, and good price value.
I hope you will visit us again soon.
Staunton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

I stayed in Roanoke for one night at this Best Western. The hotel staff was very friendly. Everyone went out of their way to greet me and make sure I had everything I needed. The room was decent. It had a slighly funny smell but I got used to it and didnt notice it after a while. Other than that, the room and bathroom were exceptionally clean. The hotel itself was a little tough to find in my opinion. I have never stayed at a Best Western before, but I believe this hotel chain is on my radar if future needs arise.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Valley View, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Thanks for your review and your kind words. I am glad you decided to give us a try and we lived up to your expectations. I hope you will visit us again soon.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

We come to Roanoke twice yearly and always stay at the Best Western Plus Valley View, because it is so clean and comfortable and everyone is super nice!. Love that they have a pool and breakfast, papers and PC in the lobby, but we didn't use them. It is right on the ring road to Valley View Mall.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Valley View, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Thanks for your review. It is nice to have you as a repeat guest. I am glad you enjoy your visits with us. I hope you noticed the improvements we are working on over the winter months. We are enlarging our breakfast room and adding an exercise facility. Hopefully when you return again, we will have those complete for you to enjoy.
Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

My colleagues and I stayed at the Best Western Plus during a business trip and were very pleased with the accommodations. The friendliness and professionalism of the front desk staff made our experience even more enjoyable. The rooms were very clean and comfortable, with updated décor. The location allows for easy access to the airport, the interstate, shopping malls, restaurants and many businesses. Even though the hotel is close to the airport, we never heard an airplane after 9:00 pm. The hotel must be well insulated as well. We enjoyed a quiet night's rest and delicious breakfast in the lobby the next morning.

Room Tip: If you prefer a large bed, request a room with a king bed. The beds in the double rooms seemed a bit...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Valley View, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Thanks so much for your wonderful review. I am pleased your stay was enjoyable. We do have a great location with easy access to the interstate, shopping, airport, and the rest of the beautiful Roanoke Valley.
I hope you and your business associates will return soon.
Thanks for staying with us!
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

I truly enjoyed my stay at the best western Plus. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was very clean with a very comfortable bed, and recliner. Great selection for breakfast and very good. I don’t stay in many hotels but this was one was by far the best ever. You felt welcomed as the staff always greeted you as you entered and would make conversation with you! Great experience and I will return.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thanks for sharing your comments.
I am pleased your stay was comfortable and enjoyable. I will pass along your kind words to the entire staff.
I hope you will visit us again soon.
Dominion Lodging, Inc.

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Valley View? Share your experiences!