“We always come back because it is just right!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn a $50 Gift Card
Ranked #3 of 37 hotels in Roanoke
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“We always come back because it is just right!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

We come to Roanoke twice yearly and always stay at the Best Western Plus Valley View, because it is so clean and comfortable and everyone is super nice!. Love that they have a pool and breakfast, papers and PC in the lobby, but we didn't use them. It is right on the ring road to Valley View Mall.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Valley View, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Thanks for your review. It is nice to have you as a repeat guest. I am glad you enjoy your visits with us. I hope you noticed the improvements we are working on over the winter months. We are enlarging our breakfast room and adding an exercise facility. Hopefully when you return again, we will have those complete for you to enjoy.

411 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Southwest Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

My colleagues and I stayed at the Best Western Plus during a business trip and were very pleased with the accommodations. The friendliness and professionalism of the front desk staff made our experience even more enjoyable. The rooms were very clean and comfortable, with updated décor. The location allows for easy access to the airport, the interstate, shopping malls, restaurants and many businesses. Even though the hotel is close to the airport, we never heard an airplane after 9:00 pm. The hotel must be well insulated as well. We enjoyed a quiet night's rest and delicious breakfast in the lobby the next morning.

Room Tip: If you prefer a large bed, request a room with a king bed. The beds in the double rooms seemed a bit...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Valley View, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Thanks so much for your wonderful review. I am pleased your stay was enjoyable. We do have a great location with easy access to the interstate, shopping, airport, and the rest of the beautiful Roanoke Valley.
I hope you and your business associates will return soon.
Thanks for staying with us!
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

I truly enjoyed my stay at the best western Plus. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was very clean with a very comfortable bed, and recliner. Great selection for breakfast and very good. I don’t stay in many hotels but this was one was by far the best ever. You felt welcomed as the staff always greeted you as you entered and would make conversation with you! Great experience and I will return.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thanks for sharing your comments.
I am pleased your stay was comfortable and enjoyable. I will pass along your kind words to the entire staff.
I hope you will visit us again soon.
Topeka, Kansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

I want to start by saying that the gentleman taking care of the breakfast area this morning was the best I have seen in a few years. Refilling coffee cups, keeping everything stocked, very nice and polite and ready to help make sure you can find anything you need.
The selection at breakfast was pretty good, with scrambled eggs, biscuits and gravy and some breakfast burritos as well. Then of course all of the normal continental stuff such as waffles, cereal, breads and condiments. The breakfast area is very small and really only seats about 8 or 10 people. They did accommodate our group the day before by setting up breakfast in a meeting room on a different floor.
The room was nice with flat screen tv and the lounge chair is very comfortable. I fell asleep in it every time I sat down. My door lock was not quite working correctly so I always had to play with the key to get it to work, and one of the keys never did work on the room.
The front doors are broken and won't shut so the lobby entry was very cold. They had signs on them and signs that some maintenance had been done, but in the two nights I didn't see anyone actually doing any work. Hopefully they are getting the repairs done.
The pool is an indoor pool but very small.
This hotel would rank higher for me if in fact I would have either seen the maintenance being done. Until then the best I would have given them was an average.

Room Tip: They sent us to the fitness center at Comfort Inn next door. I guess they are co-owned?
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Valley View, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Thanks for your comments concerning your recent visit. I am pleased your room was clean and comfortable. Those chairs do tend to make you fall asleep. They are like sitting on air!
We are in the process of enlarging our breakfast area and creating an exercise facility. Those projects will be completed over the winter months.
The lobby doors are indeed broken and unfortunately, not repairable. New doors have been ordered but will take about 5-6 weeks to be manufactured and installed. Our new doors will be a bi-fold type that will give our guests more room to enter and exit.
Thanks again for sharing your comments.
Charleston, SC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Good price for Roanoke area. Very nice staff. Decent room. Comfortable bed. Great breakfast selection. Especially enjoyed the breakfast burrito. My only complaint is that the breakfast area is too small. Heated pool adjacent to the lobby....helpful if one has kids.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks for your review of your recent visit. I am pleased your stay pleasant and you enjoyed our breakfast bar selections.
Our breakfast room is going to be enlarged over the winter months and expanded to allow our guests more room to enjoy an appetizing start to the day. Please come back soon to see our addition.
Thanks for staying with us!
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

My wife and I stayed here twice last week on our way to and from Tennessee from Pennsylvania. The main reason we picked this was that they allowed dogs, and finding a place to stay when traveling with our yellow lab is very difficult. We found the Best Western Plus to be very nice, great indoor pool, clean, and the rooms were nice sized and well furnished, and it was surprisingly quiet even with a highway nearby. The staff were extremely friendly which we appreciated. The only negatives I can think of were the heater fan was a little noisy, and when using a GPS it is a little difficult to find. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: If traveling with a pet ask for a room near the rear door. There's a convenient trash can on th...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Valley View, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Thanks for visiting us again. We appreciate your visits as you travel I-81.
I am pleased both of your stays were enjoyable and your lab felt at home as well. A clean and comfortable room always makes a long drive much more tolerable.
GPS directions can be a little tricky with the way the mall roads are laid out, but give us a call at the hotel (540-362-2400) and we will be happy to give precise directions.
We look forward to seeing you again.
Hot Springs, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

Had a much needed "ME" weekend. Took my sewing machine and knitting needles and NOOK. Enjoyed a dip in the pool! Great stay. Enjoyed a great breakfast before I set out for a little shopping. I felt very secure when returning to the hotel after dark.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Deborah C,
Thanks for your review. I'm sure it felt good to get away and have a little "me" time. I hope the crowd at the mall didn't run you over. Looks like folks are already starting their Christmas shopping. The mall has been quite busy lately.
Please join us again for some relaxation and shopping.
Dominion Lodging, Inc.

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Valley View? Share your experiences!