“A return visit!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 38 Hotels in Roanoke
Glossop, United Kingdom
“A return visit!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Last year we drove the southern part of the Blue Ridge Parkway, starting from Roanoke. We chose the Valley View BW as a convenient overnight stay; this year we drove the northern part of the Parkway, again starting from Roanoke. After our experience last year we had no hesitation in choosing the Valley View BW again. Good location, with very pleasant & helpful staff - one of the best BW hotels we've stayed at.

Hint for GPS users: ignore what your GPS tells you, just follow the signs off i-81!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Valley View, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Dave B,
Thanks for your kind review of our hotel. I hope you enjoyed the ride on the Parkway, It is beautiful this time of year with the changing of the leaves.
I'm pleased your stay was enjoyable. Please come visit us again as there are many things to enjoy in the Roanoke Valley.
Dominion Lodging, Inc.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Simpsonville, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

I stayed at this Best Western last night at my coworker's recommendation.

The walls are super thin. I could hear what my neighbor was watching in TV. Everything is very dated. There are a couple of stains on the carpet.

Otherwise, it fulfilled my needs for one night. We have a recruiting event at Roanoke College and I just needed somewhere to sleep.

• Stayed November 2013
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Valley View, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Jennifer C,
Thanks for your review of your stay last night. I'm sorry you weren't pleased with your visit. We completed a remodel about 4 years ago, so it is discouraging for me to read you think we are outdated.
We are in the process of removing a two-room suite and making that an exercise facility and we are moving some walls in the lobby and back office area to enlarge our breakfast space.
I hope you will visit us again and see our changes.
Fredericton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

We found this Best Western through the coupon book picked up at the Virginia Welcome Center and were not disappointed. The hotel is off the Interstate and you have to be on your toes to find it in the dark, but not that difficult with a GPS. The check in was quick and efficient and our room on the second floor was quiet and comfortable with a nice king sized bed. The breakfast the next morning was good with a variety of choices. There are a number of restaurants nearby, some within walking distance although we took the car as it was a dark rainy night. I would stay here again if in the area. .

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Valley View, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Thanks for staying with us and for sharing your comments. I am pleased your stay was enjoyable and I hope you will visit us again should you return to the Roanoke Valley.
Gambrills, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

My husband and I stayed for one night at this hotel while a attending a family funeral. The staff voluntarily provided a special bereavement rate when I called to reserve a block of rooms for myself and other out of town family members. The rooms were clean and the bed was quite comfortable. The outstanding feature of this hotel was the hospitable and caring staff. The location is very convenient to major highways and the airport. There are numerous restaurants nearby and shopping available for just about anything one might need. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I'm sorry to hear of the circumstances that brought you to Roanoke. I am pleased we were able to help out in your time of need.
If you decide to travel this way in the future to enjoy the beauty of the Valley, we would be happy to roll out the red carpet for you.
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

This hotel was quiet, clean and was a better value than the price I paid. I noticed on the map that the hotel was not directly off I-81 so I called the hotel for specific directions and the directions were exact and accurate. For those of you getting to the hotel - when you get off the last exit for the hotel - turn where it says "shopping center". Then look for the Best Western sign on the right,My room was clean, quiet and the bed very comfortable. My only recommendation is for the hotel to check the TV remotes and cable connection. While scanning the TV channels, sometimes the channel would not appear and I had to try a second time for the channel to work. The breakfast area was small and the food was good. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thanks for sharing your travel experiences with others. I am pleased your stay at the Best Western Plus Inn at Valley View was an enjoyable experience. We strive to greet each guest with a home away from home.
Our breakfast room is in the beginning stage of a remodel. We are tearing down a couple of walls and enlarging the space to better suit our guests. I hope you will return later to enjoy the added space.
We hope to see you again soon.
oakwood va
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

we stayed here during race weekend at martinsville. for a best western plus, this place is kinda costly. the double beds in our room were nothing special. they were firm and thats what i prefer so no big deal. but my dad didn't like his bed much. no pillow top or any special topper on the beds either. the breakfast was ok, but there were only 3 tables in the sitting area. the hotel is quiet and close to everything. after about 10pm, i didn't hear hardly anything. you could actually hear the planes taking off from the airport and it was almost a mile away. so its really quiet in your room. not bad for just passing through, but if you are staying several days, stay at the hyatt next door. thats where we usually stay, but it was booked up the night we were there.

Room Tip: stay on the 3rd floor. thats the top floor and is unusually quiet for a hotel.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Timothy J D, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Valley View, responded to this review, November 2, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us for the night. We appreciate your business. We pride ourselves on customer service and being one of the best in the valley. We love when our guests have a quiet night with us and wake refreshed the next morning.

Yes we do have a small breakfast area- this is not something that we try to hide. It is like the proverbial thorn in ones side. We are enlarging and reconfiguring the area to make it more guest accessible and have better flow.

Check us out when you come through!

Timothy J Dean
Director of Sales
bwplustim@live.com
Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Stayed here twice - once at the beginning of our trip and once at the end. First time was quite nice - once you FIND the place. I called 5 times on the road for directions after riding around and around and after they transferred me to the operator, the recording started all over again. They could at least mention that they are busy and put me on hold. Annoying. But the room was nice - quiet - even though vey busy. Breakfast was okay. Enjoyed the blueberry bagels. Now, about the second stay...very quiet - hardly anyone there it seemed. When we opened the door to our room, the very strong smell of mildew hit us. The girl at the desk was very accommodating and put us in another room which still had a mildew smell, but not as bad. We decided to stay in that room because we had just traveled 7 hours and we were tired. The bath was evidently SUPPOSE to be for disabled - how they got the bath chair in the tub was beyond me. Anyway, we didn't need it. There was no exhaust fan which may have helped the mildew smell. Other than that, it was okay. Did like the new "clean technology" used for the remote control. First time we had encountered that and studies show the remote control collects the most amount of surface bacteria in a hotel room.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Timothy J D, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Valley View, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Thank you for telling us about both of your experiences at our hotel. First of all let me apologize for the second visit. We never want any guest to feel like they have to settle for any room that they are put in. I am very happy that the desk clerk was able to get you a second room.
We do have the clean remotes in every single room. They are much easier to keep clean so that our guests enjoy a clean and comfortable stay

Thanks
Timothy J Dean
Director of Sales
BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Valley View

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Valley View? Share your experiences!