“Not so good” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 38 Hotels in Roanoke
Baltimore, Maryland
“Not so good”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

most of the TV channels did not work, coffee pot was not cleaned for 2nd day, no wash cloths the first day, breakfast room has 3 tables, very crowded,
room was nice size with a recliner chair, everything else was okay

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Timothy J D, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Valley View, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Oh no! It sounds like this time we COMPLETELY missed the mark. I am sorry that your experience with us was bad. Please email me at bwplustim@live.com so that I may rectify the situation!
We never want ANY guest to leave our hotel unsatisfied for any reason.

BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Valley View

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

Pleasant stay, cats allowed, unlike the Hyatt. Outside door would not close enough to prohibit unwanted entry, easily repaired. Breakfast area was too small, but serviceable. They had biscuits with sausage gravy, and oatmeal nut no grits. No thermostat in the room, controls at the heater. We did not want to turn on the heater on arrival, but room too cold in AM. Didn't want then to turn on the lights and wake up wife. Don't want that.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your most honest review. We are in the process of installing thermostats on the walls in the rooms. As you know this takes a little bit of time and being that we stay busy 85% of the time, the rooms we need to get into are the ones always occupied (mostly our designated pet rooms). Yes we do allow pets!!! Please call the hotel for specifics on our Pet Policy.

As for the door, we already have our maintenance guy on top of that. Definitely not something we want slipping by us. Thanks for letting us know

Benton, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Because of proximity to family the Ramada was suggested to us. It was a TERRIBLE hotel! We got in late, so we stayed with no heat one night. Called Best Western told them our problem and they were so nice and helpful and because of our situation we were allowed to check in early. Everything was clean, staff VERY friendly, very close to mall and dining. Only negative would be the breakfast. Hot items cold. Not a big selection, however, beverages available all hours. Great place to stay!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Oh no, sounds like you started your trip in Roanoke off not great. I am glad that we could help you out and that we could accommodate you. I do apologize for the breakfast. The thing we hear time and time again is about the size of our breakfast area. I hope that with our new renovation that is planned for this fall, that we can reconfigure that area to make it more customer friendly as that is what we here at Best Western pride ourselves on is giving GREAT customer service

Best Western PLUS Inn at Valley View
Bonaire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Most important to travelling is a clean, safe, friendly hotel! The breakfast was very good also. Maintenance was being done on the hotel, so a little noisy - but must be done sometimes, so didn't bother us much - quiet during night.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you friend for your great review. We are adding a fitness center and guest laundry service as well as looking into the future to expand our tiny breakfast area - better known to us on the property level as the headache area (insert laughter here).
We pride ourselves on being clean and we do appreciate that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that you come back to see us again

Best Western PLUS Inn at Valley View
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

I decided to go on a New England foliage tour this year and stop by southern Maryland to visit family there also. I find the drive from Nashville to there very long so I stop over in roanoke for a night on my way to make it less taxing. I had booked a night for my trip up and a night for the trip back at another hotel in the area. I was looking through Groupon and found a special at this hotel for a lot less than I was going to spend at the other hotel and decided that I would try it. I read the reviews hee and as it turned out, it was rated very good by reviewers.
The hotel was nice and the room also very nice and very clean. They were located near a good number of options for restaurants also and not far off the main road. I have to say though that the best feature of this hotel to me was its staff. Every staffmember I had contact with was pleasant, helpful, professional and an asset to the hotel.
I would definately recommend this hotel and I will likely stay there again even if I don't have a Groupon deal.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
We cant wait until your next visit!!! We love our interstate traveling friends. As you said yes we do pride ourselves on our customer service and our professionalism in trying to make EACH guest we have feel like they are our only guest.

Stop back and see us sometime!

Hamilton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

This hotel is very nice, in a convenient place with lots of restaurants around and even a shopping Mall. The rooms we had (with 2 couples) were adjoining and very clean, the beds were nice and comfortable. The breakfast was very good, but they could use more space to seat all the guests.
Lori, the manager was very accommodating and we enjoyed our stay there.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us. Don't you just love Lori. She ROCKS!!! We hope that you choose to stay with us again in your future travels!

Grundy, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Nice hotel everything was good except the price and I suppose the price is about average for this style of Hotel in that location but $112.00 a night is steep for me to afford. If you stay in the cheaper Hotels you usually run into "issues" and I hate "issues." Just wish all prices would come down especially as tight as money is these days.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

We hate "Issues" just as much as you do and I am happy that you didnt run into any of those while staying with us.
I hope that you choose to come stay with us again. Please email me at bwplustim@live.com if there is every ANYTHING I can do for you.

BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Valley View

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Valley View? Share your experiences!