“Lots of Extras and a Great Value” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #4 of 38 Hotels in Roanoke
Sykesville, Maryland
“Lots of Extras and a Great Value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

My new wife and I spent the first night of our honeymoon at this great hotel. Upon arrival we immediately realized this was no ordinary place. We were greeted by an incredibly friendly, funny, and helpful desk clerk. She pointed out several local restaurants where we could watch football (the hotel is located near a mall). After dinner we got into our room and were impressed by the size and comfortable furnishings. In the bathroom we were thrilled to find a rubber duck left by the cleaning staff! We adopted this duck, named it Bill, and he accompanied us on the remainder of our honeymoon and became a facebook sensation among our friends. The complimentary full breakfast hit the spot! We would definitely go back if we find ourselves in the area again!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Valley View, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Dear ElroyJetson,
Let me get this straight. Your new bride allowed you to watch football on your honeymoon? Wow! What a lady. I hope you returned the favor and took her shopping for some new shoes or jewelry.
I'm happy for you and your wife and I hope your new life together is off to a great start.
I would love to see some pictures of Bill on his honeymoon with his new "parents". Feel free to post them on TripAdvisor or send them directly to me.
Thanks!
Dominion Lodging, Inc.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Crossville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

We reserved a block of rooms for family and friends. I believe everyone enjoyed their stay. Since we were busy with wedding stuff during the days and evenings, breakfast was our main time to mingle with each other. Yes, the breakfast area is small, but it wasn't a problem as people came and went. We staked our claim to the larger table in the lobby and thoroughly enjoyed the time. The staff was friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and well furnished. No complaints at all. Since the newlyweds live just a few miles away, this would be a great place for us to stay when we come to visit. We love the Roanoke area!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Craig,
Thanks for sharing your comments. I am pleased your stay was enjoyable and comfortable. The wedding group was a pleasure to have and we would love to see you all return.
We are soon to begin a remodel of our breakfast area. We are taking out some walls and increasing the space to give our guests more room to enjoy our breakfast selections. I hope you will visit again so we can share our improvements.
Plattsburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

We've stayed here several times and always have found it to be clean and comfortable. The rooms are nice and spacious - you can even open the window if you'd like! Breakfast is included. If you are able to stop at a Virginia Welcome Center and grab the hotel coupon books, they usually have an ad in there which makes this a SUPER bargain.
This hotel is one of several which are sort of along the rim of a really large shopping area. Lots of free standing and connected stores and tons of fantastic restaurants. Someday I'd like to spend 2 or 3 nights rights here, not just one night while passing through.
If you like Mexican food, you MUST dine at Abuelos which is part of this "Mall". (not attached to the hotel) My husband loves Mexican and rates this as a co-number one. I'm not a fan of Mexican but am crazy about the pork tenderloin that they serve.

Room Tip: Our room this time was on the side of the building that faces the highway so there was some highway...
Trish,
Thanks so much for being a repeat guest. We love having you and would love to arrange a 2-3 day visit so you can enjoy the beauty of the Roanoke Valley and all it has to offer. Please let me know if I can assist with reservations should you be able to sneak away for a visit.
We look forward to seeing you soon.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Our stay was on a Friday,September 20. I have stayed at four other BW Plus hotels in various locations past year and I would rate this hotel a little below their standards. After finding this place stuck behind another hotel, I agree with all other reviews that this place is clean, comfortable and very accommodating but a little worn and outdated. The breakfast was the normal fare the hotels serve and on a busy morning you will find people eating their breakfast in the lobby, outside and ,or like us, in their room because their are only 3 or 4 tables to sit in a very small area. Hotel is fine for price less than $100 but I would not pay more. Love the recliner. The Mall area where the hotel is situated is layed out like an after thought and very confusing. I am a big city driver experienced in large malls but w/o my GPS I would have gotten lost very easy. Plenty of resturants to choose from though.

Room Tip: Recommend Carraba"s resturant for a delicious and affortable Italian dinner.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
I'm sorry you feel as though we are slightly below the average Best Western. Our location is a little tricky as the mall roads can be confusing. However being located within the mall area does give our guests the benefit of many restaurants to choose from and the convenience of shopping at Southwest Virginia's largest shopping area.
Over the winter months we are remodeling our breakfast area to greatly increase the space for our guests to enjoy our large breakfast selection. I hope you will visit us soon so we can share our new breakfast area.
Jacksonville, NC USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Our small group stayed in 3 rooms. Two were great, very clean, had everything we needed, no tobacco or pet odors -- nice fresh clean feeling. One of the 3 had a mild mold odor -- no problem, except for a granddaughter with high sensitivity to allergens. Otherwise, rooms were great. The food in the breakfast room was very good, but the obviously overworked man who was manning the area, keeping fresh food constantly filled in trays, educating people on use of waffle iron (no signs), mopping up spills, cleaning tables, etc., and all in an area 3 times smaller than what was needed for the mob that wanted to eat -- that fellow was humorless -- a bit on the grumpy side. Gee, go figure. Eating breakfast there was a huge challenge in that very limited space. Everyone else was extremely friendly and helpful, from check-in to cleaning ladies.

Room Tip: I had asked for a recliner and for the first time ever, one was waiting on my arrival.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thanks so much for sharing your comments. I am sorry for the smell experienced in one of the rooms. I trust the problem was resolved or we were able to relocate you to another room.
We are soon beginning a remodeling of our breakfast and by such, we will create more space for our guests to enjoy our vast breakfast selections. I hope you will visit us again so we can share our new room.
Falls Church, VA, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Older hotel w/average amenities; our room fridge didn't work and front desk rep lied to us about it taking a while...no 'do not disturb' sign, so walked to desk on way out for family member's death funeral arrangements, desk clerk to me I had to take sign back when I asked they have it placed (hard for me to walk a great deal)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Roderick,
I'm sorry our guest services wasn't up to the level we pride ourselves in maintaining. I believe we completed missed the mark during your stay. I apologize for your experience with us and I hope you will allow us a second opportunity at serving your lodging needs.
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Great front desk staff, nice large clean room with comfortable beds a computer desk and a recliner chair! Good wi-fi connections and fine breakfast-in a very tiny room. Located next door to a great Chinese restaurant named the "Red Palace." What more could I ask for?

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks for your comments. I am pleased you enjoyed your visit and we look forward to you returning to the Roanoke Valley. Please let me know if I can assist with any future reservations.
Dominion Lodging, Inc.

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Valley View? Share your experiences!